main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Celebration II

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by snap-hiss, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Balls

Darth_Balls Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    Alright, alright, alright.

I'm gonna chill, for now. THIS is me, sorry you don't like it. I'll just go my way, maybe check back up in here later as things get closer. You have a good eye, TDH, that's Eminem in that pic, didn't realize you're a big fan.

I'll catch ya'll on the flip side, maybe we can hook up in Indy, and have a laugh at all this.

Peace....

2. BooBooKittyFett

BooBooKittyFett Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2001
    Jay and Silent Bob - yup.

I'll have a Wild Wampa on the rocks, thank you.

3. ebe endocott

ebe endocott Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Peeks head in bar, does a triple take
    ¡Aye carumba! Wild stuff in here, let me know where you guys are meeting in Indy, I gotta see this. Especially you, Darth Balls.

4. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I actually can't stand the guy, Balls...anyone who feels the need to write lyrics about beating on women or killing women has no place in my music collection. I listen to classic rock...some newer stuff here and there. Depends on what catches my ear. The only bands I listen to that have been out the past few years is Dave Matthews, Tool and the late great Jeff Buckley. Not too many things now a days strike me as good. NOT a Rap fan in the least unless it's OLD SCHOOL Run-DMC or Beastie Boys.

As for signings, Jace...It'll still be cool...But you may get lucky I'm thinking tat signings will be heald and I also heard from someone that hayden is not allowed to sign autographs(SW related) unless at OFFICIALLY sanctioned Star Wars events...so I'm betting he'll be one of the guests...I'd also bank on some of the ILM and art Dept. also... You can almost bet that the OT folks like Daniels, Baker, Mayhew and Bullock will also appear. The last Celebration wasnt well organized and Wizards seems to have their act together...look forward to a killer Celebration!

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Watch it with the sock games. No need for those kind of games here.

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Old school is spelled 'old skool'. :D

!snap

7. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Whatever... what do you mean by "sock" games?

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Logging in under a different name than your "main" identity, then participating in general buffoonery in the hopes that if you get caught it won't affect the username everyone knows you by. ;)

9. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Oh... OK, I'm too old for that crap. I use this name only...whats the point of trying to be an idiot with several names anyway? Your bound to get snagged and banned.

10. Twilek_Oolala

Twilek_Oolala Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow. There's been a lot of activity. Is this what Celebration will be like? I was reading the party thread and it sounded like fun. Hey TDH, did you get my PM??

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I've got a couple of socks...sometimes you just need to go incognito, others were used in role playing threads like the Spoiler Get in Line threads.

12. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Ahhh, I gotcha... I'm not much of a Roleplayer though so I guess I really don't have a need for it.

Yes Twi, I did get it:)

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Whats up with all the fake jiv talk? Also, this thread is starting to sound like less about CII and more about an upcoming orgy in Indy somewhere.

14. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am here to put you back on track.

Lets talk about Indy night life, what do they have to offer to those that want to go out and party harty after the day activities.

15. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    MysterySith, I'm totally with you...I'm looking forward to some FanForce parties and just getting to know more Star Wars fans from all over the world. This is going to be a great time. The last one was a great time(well, if you were to get rid of the mud and the rain and the lack of room for people...) But meeting people from all over and just having a good time is what it's all about! This is my vacation before heading back to California and working my butt off to get my 1st film made.(I went to school for Computer Animation and Conceptual Design before moving onto filmschool, which after a few months, left because I basically learned everything they were teaching while in school before...)

16. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    This has nothing to do with anything... But HOW ABOUT THOSE US OLYMPIC HOCKEYS!!!!!! Men's and Women's! Kickin' Butt and takin' names! Johnnie "Hockey" LeClair 1st US Olympic Hat Trick EVER!!!! WooHoo!!!

17. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Indy Knight Life? What life? ;)

Now Indy night Life, that's a different story:

In the general vicinity of ICC, we have some nice bars and clubs. If you're more reserved and laid back, and enjoy a martini and cigar, Nicky Blaine's is the place for you to go. If you like to dance and have a few choices, then the World Mardi Gras complex is good. They have a regular dance club, an 80's music club, and a pub type place in between. Also, there is Jillian's which is a 3 or 4 story club with a bowling alley, full floor arcade, and a couple of restaurants and bar areas. If you like blue's music, you'll love the Slippery Noodle Inn. The service isn't the best, but you don't go there for the service. There are various restaurants, including 3 brewpubs: Alcatraz, Rock Bottom, and my personal favorite Ram. Another fun place is the Claddaugh Irish Pub. Depending on the night, different places have bands playing etc.

Is that a good start?

18. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    I just realized I may have had one or four more beers then I should have during that US/Russia game last night... did I really say US Hockeys?

19. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Shara, thanks for the info on the bars. How about places to eat closeby like fastfood or nicer restaurants? My hotel is a couple blocks away and I figure you could give a better run down on things than depending on Rand Mcnally or one of those...lol

20. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well there are quite a few restaurants nearby. Fast food: Steak and Shake, Circle Centre food court, PF Changs, Champs...Alcatraz, Ram....Sorry there are just a lot of things around there. You might want to check our Indy links for C2 at www.indyknights.com/links.shtml
    There is a listing of some restaurants etc, but I do believe there is a link to a list of those types of places.

Of course we also have sporting events, but I think the only thing that might be going on is our minor league baseball, which the field is right across the street from the western most end of ICC.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Took me forever to find it....Arena Football New York Vs. Indiana, 8:00 PM on Saturday May 4th at Conseco Fieldhouse.

The Indians (minor legue baseball) will be playing a home stretch April 29 - May 6th (click here for times)

22. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks Shara, it's just nice to get a rough idea ahead of time. I figured there were plenty of places around...lol

23. BooBooKittyFett

BooBooKittyFett Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2001
    Edit: Inappropriate for these forums.

Do not let is happen again.

24. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    So, has anyone heard of any KILLER parties going on at Celebration II? I would hate to think that things get quiet at night. I know that some FanForce folks are trying to get one together, but I haven't heard much beyond that. Even the 501st guys seem pretty quiet about throwing room parties. It would be great if there was late night entertainment like a dance or something. Guess I'm just used to conventions that offer that type of stuff and I am not really sure what to expect in Indy.

25. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I know that I am out every weekend, and there are alot of bars and clubs to choose from, but only a few that are really good. The weekend of the Celebration will be no exception and I would love for fellow SW fans to hit the clubs with me and my crew.

For obvious reasons, we cannot plan any sort of outing to the clubs and bars in this forum. But, if anyone is interested, feel free to PM for info or for help with putting something together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.