main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode II!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by epic , Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDillmeister

DarthDillmeister Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2000
    Cool!

*unpacks sleeping bag*

I guess in that case I'm here for the long haul. Anybody want a cold MGD? I brought a case!

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've got my Gungan Ale, but thanks.

I think Vert had the insurance policy on the Club, and since there isn't going to be a new one, hopefully he'll use the money to put his future kids thru the Jedi Academy.

*SebX pours himself a large bowel of Chili Mandalore and sits in his hammock*

How much longer do we have to wait around? Hmmmm, chili needs some more jalepeno pepper.

3. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Hey all!
    Great to be in line!
    *Gets Yoda sleeping bag*

4. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I know this is a few days away, but once i see II, im getting right back in line for III. : )

5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well once I get up there to buy my tickets all the Episode 3 line can start right behind me because I'm moving my stuff up to the front of the line.

6. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Episode III?
    Man...comming out quick these are.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    *raises bottle*
    Here here! A toast to sleeping outside waiting for Ep2, and then Ep3.

Since this is the spoiler line, does that mean it's supposed to rain?

*realizing he shouldn't have opened his mouth, Sebulba-X dives underneath the grill in order to get his orange and black poncho. A storm gathers over head and a year and half long rain begins.*

8. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    hops in line for 25 min, just to see whats up?

9. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Hey it's already covered you know sense we're TF.N part of the line. If it starts to rain you guys are welcome to hang out under the tarp roof I put up in front of my tent. Now you know what we need? A Bon fire we need a Bon fire going on here.

10. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    is there anywhere we can serve drinks?

E: i almost forgot ihave to change my sig.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    *pointing to the old KnightClub, smoldering*

Well, I sorta started a rather large fire earlier. Needed some fire wood for my grill. I have some leftover S'mores if you want, or I've already got a few things cooking.

*grabs Ale out of cooler*

Anyone need anything while I'm in here?

Edit:
    I moved all the bar supplies into my custom made Hoth coolers. They'll always be here, so just help yourself. Don't have bar glasses anymore, so I hope plastic cups will do.

12. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I'm behind AGAIN!

I swear, the day that I'm here when something big happens, will be the day the world ends.

Oh, and a maultini please :)

SHARKY

13. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    We could always set up a bar actually. I guess. I mean I do have a cell phone and a phone book here so someone could call Lowe's and get them to bring down the stuff we need and we could build like a bar in front of the line so People can go there. Sense I know none of us will steal anyone's place in line we can wait together and party and stuff. Plus we have sleeping bags and tents marking are spots. Anyone want to order out something for dinner? And if so what? Also Bon Fire my friends we need a Bon Fire.

14. DarthDillmeister

Aug 10, 2000
    I hear that, I'm ( at least somewhere) right behind ya'll!

How many more days anyway? 384 or something?

*looks at case of beer*

I don't know if this is going to last me, guess I'll have to belly up to the bar before long.

Oh well....

*Pop, fizz....glug, glug*

15. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Sweet Bon Fire and Smores! Sharky! What's up! I hate to say this but I like the way this moves. It's a lot slower then the knight club. It has a nice pace.

16. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    i got a ceel phone, but no phone book i will deffinently start to build a bar. i need it, it was the only place i felt comfortable in the Knight club.
    *says with a tear running down face*

17. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    PK, but not everybody that will post here is here.

Wait till tonight. That's when the mess will probly start.

SHARKY

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    *grabs Maultini out of cooler for Sharky*

Here you go. I'll go get some of the smoldering rubble for the bon fire, but I kind of like the idea of not having a bar, and everyone just using there coolers. Building a bar is fine, but after spending an evening painting the Cantina and building the diner in the KnightClub, I a little leary of building anything permanent.

*Looks around, then sneaks out of line to get bon fire wood*

19. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    true so we need the bar up for tonite. i got to leave the line i will return though.
    *hops over ropes*
    later all.

20. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Oh it won't be a permemant bar more like a portable bar kind of thing. I wouldn't mind going for a Maultini but it's kind of cold outside so I'm going for the Hot Cocca today. (Hands Neo phone book)

21. DarthDillmeister

Aug 10, 2000
    Hey PK, I've got some matches,you can have some if you want. I didn't bring any kindling though. Although I just put all my beer on ice so you can use my empty boxes if you want.

22. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    *rings in from afar*
    well i can take care of the bar building from my test, don't worry i will come through.

23. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    *stands in line

Hey I saw John Williams this weekend in Boston. He was great, of course. I sat a few seats away from him during a rehearsal too. I should have asked him about Anakin's Theme in Ep2 or if he is planning on bringing back Boba Fett's theme.

24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Thanks DarthD for the matches.

25. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

I liked Epic's suggestion about keeping a record of the rumors and state of our current knowledge regarding Episode II as time goes by.

From time to time, amid all the nightlife and camping out, I think it would be interesting to post old rumors, news, interesting speculation and other episode-II related info - both old and new, throughout the thread like signposts for us to look back on when the big day comes, the line finally moves and we later come out of the theater having seen the movie we spend so much time talking about.

To start I went way back in TF.n's archives and found the first post-TPM interview with Lucas about Episode-II. It was done in Empire magazine and here's what the man had to say:

--------------------------------------------
    Lucas: The next film is a love story and I don't know how that is going to be taken by the fans

Lucas: And then the third film is very, very, very dark. It's not a happy movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's a tragedy.

Lucas: Ultimately the final story is between Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin and the Queen. It's really their story. Those four characters.

Lucas: At one point, when Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul, he just fell into the pit. I looked at it and thought this isn't going to work because, if people like him enough, they are going to want him to come back and they're going to assume somehow he gets out of it. So I had to cut him in half to say this guy's gone, he's history, he ain't coming back. I'll come up with another apprentice. The whole issue of having apprentices, poor Darth Sidious trying to replenish his apprentice supply, is one of the main plot points.

Empire: In Episode IV, R2-D2 and C-3PO land on Tatooine and haven't got a clue where they are. Yet in the Phantom Menace R2 travels to Tatooine and C-3PO was built there. How so?

Lucas: How so? That will all be coming up. There's a lot of little things that'll be cleared up. The other one that gets asked a lot is why doesn't Qui-Gon disappear like everybody else? That's a plot point that centres around Obi-Wan saying to Vader/Anakin in the first one, "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." There is an issue about the Force and that will be revealed.

Empire: Does this sort of retro reading get on your nerves?

Lucas: A lot of it is just nitpicky. Most people just don't care about that stuff. There's a lot of things that will be explained more. Some of it is important plot stuff - the Qui-Gon one is, 3PO isn't.
    -------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.