main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Can someone explain to me what a nicki minaj is?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Hellhammer Ahhhh!

Well, then, I'm not as well versed in that sort of music, but (assuming you haven't listened to these already) I highly recommend Eric Clapton's Unplugged & Led Zeppelin's Mothership albums.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

It's a type of migraine. :p

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Actually haven't played Clapton in quite a while.
    Led Zeppelin... I grew up listening to them, one of the best bands ever :D

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    RSD at my shop was a roaring success this year. We did twice the business as last year, thanks in large part to an in-store performance by The Zombies. Also Tom Zutaut (the A & R guy that signed Motley Crue & Guns n' Roses) came by to do some shopping. A really great day all in all.

6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Someone on my Facebook posted the lyrics of a song of hers called stupid hoe, against all of my love, by led zeppelin. How she got anywhere in music is beyond me?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Let's put on something completely different.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That was one hell of an interesting/enjoyable beat.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Russians have some truly awesome songs.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Is it bad/non-tactful of me to have thought about dancing bears while listening to that?

I realize that may not make any sense at all.
    :p

11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Hahah, well... dunno... I always think about an actual Cossack when I listen to that. They are quite badass unto themselves.

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A Chorus of Disapproval As the Phillies begin a 4 game series with the Dodgers tonight here in La La Land, they're going to be serving this specialty hot dog at Dodger Stadium:

[​IMG].

I don't care how "inauthentic" it is as compared to a real cheese steak sandwich, but damned if that doesn't look appetizing... for me, anyway.
    =P~

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Glad to hear that. It's a heckuva thing what RSD has turned out to be. To see this many people lining up to spend money on records is a good, good scenario. The fact that so much cool swag is available makes it better.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

Yes. And while I know it's probably totally impossible, I'd love to try to find a way to weed out the people who go out on RSD to pick up limited releases only to immediately flip them for insane profits on eBay. Takes away some of the magic.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    But at the same time, one must always marvel at the adaptive genius of the parasite.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    BATASTROPHE '14 - Day 8: "...suddenly there came a tapping as of someone gently rapping..."
    [​IMG]

"Villains!" I shrieked, "Dissemble no more! I admit the deed! -- Tear up the planks! Here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!"
    Today is the day that the removal squad begins the process of re-removing the bat family from my house. With glee, I told Mr. Bats as such last night. I know he understood, as they then spent the entire night loudly packing up their belongings and nailing crates shut for their imminent move. In an act of desperation, members of the bat family decided to go downstairs to ask our renter and her girlfriend to talk to us about our decision to evict. However, Joanna is not nearly as fluent in batese as I have become and could not understand their accents, prompting her to call me down to translate. Needless to say, the discussion got heated as we resorted to Morse Code in order to get our points across... both of us tapping on our prospective side of the wall in a series of small vowels and vulgarities. Finally, I simply told them that our decision was final and that we will no longer tolerate their lifestyle choices in our house. The bats... not our other lodgers. Dissatisfied, they attempted to race me back upstairs in order to extract sympathy from my family. I took to the stairs while they took to the ... eh... whatever is inside the walls... and we arrived mere seconds apart. In a moment of quiet, peaceful understanding we sat, separated only by some wood planks, sheetrock and paint... bearing our hearts in a procession of small chirps and assorted squeaks.
    [​IMG]
    (visual approximation of myself and Mr. Bat sharing our goodbye)

Eventually, I felt it was time to let go of our love and I told him I was going to walk away from the wall we have spent countless hours communicating through. I told him to pass along my regards to his family and I would do the same. As I turned my back, he chirped, "Don't you walk away from 'us'! Don't you ever walk away from 'us'!" But, I kept walking. Over my shoulder, I told him to have their belongings out of the house by the end of the week. I told my wife that it would be a long, noisy night, but that is to be expected after telling them to pack and move on such short notice. We turned on a fan and our iDock for some white noise and fell asleep to the familiar comforting sound of endless scratching and tapping and scraping and rodent-esque chirping coming from mere inches above our headboard.

JainaSoloYJK, EHT and DarthTunick like this.
  17. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    that does look pretty damned good. if that comes on one of the awesome rolls we have here in Philly i'm sold

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    True, but Leningrad Cowboys are from Finland :)

Gonna watch the First Doctor serial The Daleks now - will be interesting!

19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, but the linked concert is performed alongisde the Red Army Choir and they are performing a fair amount of Russian old songs. The linked one is a Ukranian one, to be honest, from 19th century. :)

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, fair enough, I didn't want to disturb my roommate by turning on music, so I didn't click the vid - only saw "Leningrad Cowboys" in the title :)

21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    They are quite awesome. Nothing is quite the same after you hear the Red Army Choir sing "We all live in a yellow submarine".

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Ain't that the truth :cool:

23. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    And now.... Nina Hagen:

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

That was the "angriest" sounding cover of a Beatles song I've ever heard.

:p

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Angry? For a Russian, that's conversational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.