main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanksgiving is coming so late this year that I'm tempted to go ahead and break open my Christmas comedy collection: Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

KED12345 and eht13 like this.
  2. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Why wait? :D

And you've left one off your list…not technically a comedy, but definitely a Christmas film!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think of Die Hard as a Christmas movie. Personally, I would replace Elf with Scrooged and then throw in some Gremlins for good measure.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd just watch'em all. :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I watch A Christmas Story at least once a week. I also watch Home Alone 1 and 2, It's A Wonderful Life and George C. Scott's A Christmas Carol, in addition to the ones you all mentioned.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep. I watch all of those.

8. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Ok I'm going to make an admission. Despite being a huge film buff and having seen several Capra films, I've never watched It's a Wonderful Life. I even have it on DVD. Maybe this will be the year!

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Say whaa....? :eek:

You MUST see it. It's one of those movies that one HAS to see, especially if they're a fan of anything Jimmy Stewart, Frank Capra, Christmas, angels, second chances, etc.

Buddha Fett likes this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's good.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Bad Santa is missing from that list.

:p

12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    It's not only good. It's actually quite Wonderful. :)

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I can't remember if I've ever seen the whole film before, but even if I hadn't, it's been more than a decade since I've seen any part of it.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been meaning to try that one since you told me about it last year. [face_blush]

15. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    So I'm not the only one!
    I really do need to watch it this year.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    anakinfansince1983 It's my all time favorite Christmas movie. :cool:

Watch it! You won't regret it.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

Unless they're from Iego, I don't give a hoot about angels. I think that's subconsciously what's been holding be back. I do love Stewart and Capra though.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have a soft spot for Xmas movies since I always watched them as a kid with my siblings. Still do. I can watch A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life, Elf, A Christmas Carol, Die Hard, etc. over and over again and never tire of them.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Bells of St. Mary's is out on blu ray in a week and I am sappy enough to buy it. Again.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I already have the Christmas station on in my car.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    December 1st is when Nat King Cole's Christmas album gets placed on my turntable and is not removed for a solid month, as per tradition.

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    An epic event planned for tonight - the new 50" HD TV has arrived and I plan to watch the unedited, original 1977 BluRay version of A New Hope in all of it's high definition, huge screen glory :D

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have those on VHS and yes, I still have a VCR. They certainly aren't HD though. :p. I haven't watched them in years.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I have some dedicated fans to thank for those HD versions, and I also haven't watched the OT from start to finish in ages.
    It's gonna be a real treat :D

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I still own the laserdiscs. And, no, I don't actually view them. They happen to be thin and not take up any space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.