main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah, keep trying and you'll find the right job. It's been my experience that the closed door is the one you shouldn't go in anyway. Keep being positive and good things will happen.

Dra--- and EHT like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree with the door sentiment, entirely.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

My application is on-file with a few places, but that's no certainty; I of course will continue on in filling out applications.

And all of the positive sentiment & support here does not go unnoticed or unappreciated... I can never thank you fellows enough for that.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Something will come along eventually, Tunick, probably out of nowhere and probably be a better opportunity than most of the ones that you didn't manage to get ;)

After quite an intense week of dealing with all sorts of details and arranging the stuff around the new place, I think I can say it's starting to look decent enough hah. Will be at least a month before we're rid of all the boxes and random stuff scattered about, but we're getting there.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i find the daisy ridley thread a little creepy

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Noted... I dropped a reminder in there about that. Thanks.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's actually exactly how I got my current job. :p

But yeah, you'll strike gold eventually, Tunes. I know it can be a long, tedious experience that can strain your sanity, but it absolutely pays off in the end. Just think, once you've got a job it all ends. All the applications, interviews, rejections- done.

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Robin Williams :( Man......

Dra--- likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Seriously. As bummed as I was by PSH's death, as I always considered him a brilliant actor, I'm crushed by this one. Robin Williams was in so many movies I loved as a kid, and as I grew up and saw his more serious performances, I was amazed at his range and his ability to make me care for his characters.

But, he's left an incredible legacy behind. I'll always treasure the performances he gave. From the fun swashbuckling of Hook and wily antics of Aladdin to his very real portrayal of a Southie psychiatrist dealing with a broken genius, or a teacher who just encourages his students to think instead of worrying about grades and honors.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Amen Brother.

Dra--- and Squarepants like this.
  11. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Shazma Nano Nano

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, we have no choice but to follow Rufio...

Uh... yay... BANGARANG!

DL44Jo likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Thanks for everything, Robin Williams.

Immortiss, Dra--- and DL44Jo like this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

EDIT: Not meant to be a double-post, but happened due to a glitch... but, not a bad time for a glitch, right?

Immortiss likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Bangarang Robin.

Immortiss likes this.
  16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow, really stunned about the news... growing up watching these great actors one tends to forget they're all, well... mortal. :(

Immortiss, Dra--- and Juke Skywalker like this.
  17. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I feel like if my funny uncle had just commited suicide. The guy became a legend decades ago, unique talent. I'm thankful for all the laughs he provided in my home while growing up. Man, this is just sad, I have no words.

Rock on Robin.

Immortiss likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It is almost like a relative, based on the influence on a childhood. I did tend to appreciate his later work far more... with One Hour Photo and Insomnia being my absolutely top Williams films... but the sheer amount of work that made it into nearly every home is astounding.

Immortiss likes this.
  19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I was always amazed at how Williams really entertained people of all different generations, from my grandmother's, to the Baby Boomers, the Gen Xers, and my own. I remember watching Mrs. Doubtfire in the theater with my brothers and our grandmother, and she laughed the loudest of anybody in the theater. And, of course, she had a VHS copy of Popeye under her tv, which I watched a lot, although that was probably because the only options were either that or Oscar with Sly Stallone.

Immortiss likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm so utterly depressed right now. With Robin Williams's death since I suffer from a form of depression as well. I feel like there isn't that positive of an outlook for me. Also RL is being *****y. I spent a 20 minute car ride today sobbing uncontrollably.

21. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    What's up in DRL?

I was very depressed over five years ago, but I found I was able to treat it when I started swimming competitively. I don't want to go so far as to say I cured it, I'd like a little more time to pass before I say that. However, I know you already run as a form of exercise. Have you seen anybody?

Immortiss, Dra--- and EHT like this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn, I Are, didn't realize it was that bad. If you ever need someone to talk to, vent to, whatever, I'm here for you.

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, this.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Some seriously bad ju-ju floating around these days, or perhaps it's because Robin Williams, one of the last people you would think (or in hindsight, perhaps not) that people are willing to be a bit more open about it.

Count me among the 'I don't know how much more I can take' crowd, and will finally, openly admit that in the last month, especially late at night I have seriously considered going a lot farther than allowing those 'idle thoughts'.

You don't know how hard it is to hit 'post reply' right now, especially considering the Firefox *hates* the edit feature.

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    DarthBreezy : For you then too... if talking with anyone here about it helps, please do so.

In general, though, I'll just say that I hope anyone here who's having issues with depression or anything like that can find someone in real life to talk to too, including professional help as needed.

hippie1kenobi, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  26. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    [:D]
    Hugs for everyone!

Love you all. For real!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.