main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    On the Robin Williams newsfront, I heard on the news yesterday that he was in the beginning stages of Parkinsons. I so wish he had gotten together with Michael J Fox and his foundation. Imagine what he could have done for advancing that cause!

Also realized today I have HUGE mixed feelings about Star Wars, Ep VII:
    • Excitement: Yay! Yay! Yay! Another SW movie! And, this is the first SW movie that I'll be able to take my 9yo to in theaters. He was born just before Ep III. Congrats Zachary! Sorry about that Ben, you're still too young.
    • Anticipation: DARN it! 16 more months to wait?!?
    • Apprehension: Are we building it up so much that the only thing FOR it is to fail in our eyes? I think that last one is why I'm on the "Spoilers Allowed" side of things. If I get dribs and drabs beforehand I can know what to expect and NOT be disappointed... maybe?

Darth Tunes likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Given that I've got cousins who'll be between the ages of 5-10 when Episode VII is released, I can imagine somewhat the joy & pride that parents, etc, are going to feel when they take their younglings to the theater in December of 2015.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yo Tunes, get hype.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Stone Cold can say it better than I can concerning my excitement level for season 2:

:cool:

:D

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is some weird pleasure to be had from nursing a hangover on a sunday. It's like a double license to do absolutely nothing whole day :p

hippie1kenobi and Darth Tunes like this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My dad has Parkinson's (very early stages) so this is one of the first thoughts I had as well.
    I do know that a lot of the medications for Parkinson's have very significant side effects (my dad isn't taking anything at the moment because they side effects outweigh the symptoms for him at the moment), though I don't know if there has been a link to suicide idealization and these medications, which is what is being said at the moment.

See, not that's not fair... I woke up with a headache without having any fun last night, and I still had to go to work. :p

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Two words, Mav- morphine drip. No one will notice. ;)

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL. Yeeaah.... I'm sure no one would notice. Considering the strongest thing I've ever taken is an Immitrex (which doesn't work for me), and 1 Benadryl (so not even the full dose) knocks me out cold, I think I'd just be drooling on the floor if you just told me I'd be getting morhine. :p

This day feels so looooong. [face_sigh]

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    In respect to medical-diagnosed drugs & such, I can't recall the strongest thing I've ever taken.

Now, non-medical stuff of that nature? Well, that's a rather different story...
    [face_mischief]

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    mavjade : I hope your dad's Parkinson's remains "low-key" and manageable for a long time.

mavjade and Darth Tunes like this.
  11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Just returned home from a weeks holiday in Malaga. Nice to spend some quality time with the kids. We were coincidently there the same time as the locals have their week long summer festival, and I got a massive kick out of how endearing Andalusian people are when they're drunk. There's no rowdiness, no menace. The worst thing that happens is that at any moment some old fella might start busting some old style dance moves in the middle of the street. Also the women there are gorgeous.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Hooked up a little wireless keyboard to my iPad and am enjoying a quite lovely working experience on my balcony. I think I have a new favorite setup :p

Darth Tunes likes this.
  13. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    ironic.

I don't want to jinx you but, DONT DROP IT!

The Hellhammer likes this.
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Speaking of people not dropping iPads, we were in NYC last summer and we went to the top of the Empire State Building. There were at least two people using iPads to take photos from the observation deck, where you are outside. In order to get unobstructed views for her shots, one lady was sticking her iPad out through the spaces between the bars of the safety barrier! I was nervous just watching her, it would have been way too easy to drop that thing... a gust of wind, bumping it on the bars when pulling it back in, etc. Not like a small camera on a wrist-strap. :eek:

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm always stunned at how some people mistreat rather expensive pieces of tech they own. I mean, you're not supposed to be a slave to the thing, of course you're supposed to use it but I mean really... not to mention that in that particular case EHT mentions you can seriously harm someone if you drop the damn thing to the street below...

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I just saw an advert for a new Daniel Radcliffe rom com. Looks like he's taking a shot at growing some stubble. Wonder if he will only ever be Harry potter in my eyes?

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that second point is part of what was making me nervous.

18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Isn't that the one with Adam Driver in it too?

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Import_Jedi A name/presence that I haven't seen in quite some time around here. Hello! :D

20. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001

Greetings, Darth Tunes... Is there a reason why you're no longer the great Tunick? Are you on the run from the other Knights? [face_devil]

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    No, no... the change was for rather silly, but important-to-me reasons. :p

:cool:

22. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Ah, I see. BTW, Byron Scott's hiring is the only reason to post :cool: about the Lakers. Not a Kings fan, eh?

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Concerning the Kings, I'm trying to get there... I'm going to make a good-faith effort to actually watch & follow 'em throughout the entirety of this upcoming NHL-season. It's not that I don't/haven't liked watching the sport of hockey, but given all that I do watch -aside from following the Dodgers & Lakers-, the Kings have slipped-through-the-cracks for me as it relates to which local sports-franchises that I follow.

Concerning the Lakers, there's more than enough valid reasoning to be extremely-pessimistic about their upcoming season. However, I do think there's a slight possibility that it won't be that bad... I think this team can win 37-41 games*. Making the playoffs? Highly unlikely, but still much better than last season's putrid 27-win campaign.

*Oh, how the mighty have fallen, eh? [face_plain]

:p

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks EHT! :)

There is a ledge to catch things that people may drop... I know because I took a picture straight down from there when I was in high school. ;) That being said, it could catch wind and not get caught by the ledge and hurt someone, or if nothing else, as you said you've dropped an expensive piece of tech.

EHT likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Not a piece of technology, but this is making me think of the time at Dodger Stadium -some time in the 90's- in which, while leaning over the rail in a Reserved Level (3rd deck) section for some reason, a $100-dollar bill fell out of my father's shirt pocket, swirling down below to a lower deck.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.