main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

:D

[​IMG]

T-R- likes this.
  2. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Not looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. Going to be visiting my recently-moved-out sister and nephew, and several people I either don't like and or don't know very well. Fearing further drama. [face_plain]

That, and the fact more than 50% of the menu items contain something forbidden (gluten, dairy, soy, or all of the above). :( This include the pumpkin pie. :_| If the veggies are buttered, my meal will consist of turkey, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes...the only item which will be made specifically without dairy or soy.

Oh, well. Maybe that's a good thing...gluttony is, after all, one of the seven deadly sins. :p

T-R- likes this.
  3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find something good. You never know, those people might surprise you

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Twisted by Starkid comes out tonight!

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Preparing for Thanksgiving with the in-laws. My wife and I have already agreed to generate a dinner discussion about Native American genocide attempts, forced displacement, and the utter detest the average American should have toward Christopher Columbus. [face_flag]

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It would've been way more fun if the Vikings stayed there to greet him when he arrived.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sounds fun! To be fair, though, the pilgrims that had their rears saved by the Native Americans (and had the apparent first Thanksgiving dinner with them) were not the same people who later on committed genocide or displaced the Native Americans. Maybe they were their forefathers, though. And I totally agree about Columbus. I usually remind people of that on Columbus Day. [face_flag] :p

Mystery_Roach and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Once the inevitable "Can we change this subject?" comes to bear, we will accommodate them by completely changing course toward why we are herbivores.

Home field advantage.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well at least everyone can hopefully agree on this:

[​IMG]

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I also recall reading somewhere about a Roman ship being found somewhere in Brazil or something, which was quite a stunning thing since those ships weren't supposed to be able to sail that far.
    But, if some of Crassus' legions supposedly ended up as mercenaries in China, it's possible a random mid- to late-Empire warship got insanely lucky and got across the ocean.

Bet those guys were pretty confused.
    "Ah dammit, Marcus, this? Again? Seriously? Next time, let someone else drive the damn trireme."

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm a pizzaivore. :)

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I'm going to be bathing in sin tomorrow. [face_devil]

:p

TKT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Just heard that my cousin had attempted to audition for Episode 7 but nothing doing.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm a Wolverines fan. I'm going to be hiding my eyes the entire game.

T-R- likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That's ok, but over at the L.A. Coliseum this upcoming saturday...

[​IMG].

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I did that during the 90's with Cooper as Ohio State's coach, soI know how you feel. It's still the best rivalry in all of sports and I still hate Desmond Howard.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving 2013 everyone!

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Happy Thanksgiving! Don't get too 'stuffed'. [face_chicken]

Pro Scoundrel , Echo-07 and T-R- like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We had turkeys in the front yard yesterday. [face_chicken]They're probably keeping their distance today, not that I blame them. :p

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone in America!

To all of our international bretheren, Happy normal day, everyone! ;):p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Sorry for the double post but I just have to vent at how awful this first football game is -- [face_sick]

Packers 10
    Lions 33 with 4 turnovers YET are still winning. [face_laugh]

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 Thankfully the sun came out, warmed everything up, melted the snow here and hopefully it's coming your way soon. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Mine hasn't gone so well. My mom is up at my younger brother's house cooking the turkey and the things that needed to be prepped overnight and the plan was for them to use his van to transport it to my older brother's house because he doesn't have a car and obviously he can't get to any of our houses. But that didn't work out because my younger brother called me this morning and told me he didn't want to drive the food down because he was afraid it would smash. He wanted me to pick up my older brother who lives about forty minutes away from me and then turn around and drive about an hour in the other direction to his house. Well, I told him I didn't have the room in my car for myself, my wife, my four kids and my brother and even if I could stuff them in somehow I didn't have the gas money to make that trip. But he still refused to take the food down there so now my families going to be separated for Thanksgiving. I feel terrible for my older brother because he has no way to get anywhere and will most likely spend the day alone. :mad:Family! :mad:

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm still feeling the bliss from Monday's Pats game. [face_flag]

And DC, not as bad, but bad communication in my family led to us not only having two full gallons of milk, but two turkeys as well. 8-}

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Sorry to hear about that, DC. Hopefully you can make the most of it with your wife and kids. As kids we never really realize the stress family get togethers bring. Then we grow up and realize how trying they can be, to say the least.

If it's any consolation I have to go to work in four hours . . .

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Damn, you have to work on Thanksgiving. That sucks. :(

I had an eventful afternoon trying to find a turkey on Thanksgiving Day. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.