main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The SW EU route - Caalifornia and Californiia.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I say that Washington State needs a split. Amazon, Microsoft AND Starbucks? That is too much power for one state to wield. Imagine if we decided to secede and hit you all with tariffs for products from these companies!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And if you need the EU naming conventions to provide a third option, you could go with C'alifornia.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Or the Schwarzenegger route:

Kah-lee-foh-neea!

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Personally I wouldn't want to see California divided because of all of the things we'd have to retcon "I wish they all could be Californias girls..." just doesn't have the same ring to it.

7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Edit: Too much power? Nope we wield it responsibly.
    We dont need cali or the rest of the country technically...we just need them to make star wars films thats all.

Heres a sneak preview of our future in the NW
    Cascadia is the name of a bioregion and proposed country located within the western region ofNorth America. Potential boundaries differ, with some drawn along existing political state and provincial lines, and others drawn along larger ecological, cultural, and economic boundaries.
    The nation would consist of Washington, Oregon, portions of other U.S. states and British Columbia,Canada. At its maximum extent Cascadia would extend from coastal Southeast Alaska in the north, extending into Northern California in the south, and inland to include parts of Idaho, Western Montana, Wyoming, and Yukon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_movement)

Luke'sSeveredHand and TheBBP like this.
  8. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

BRING IT!

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    So, I had a family gathering today in Boyle Heights -in the Eastside section of L.A. city proper- for the burial of my uncle's ashes (he died August 9th). Naturally, obviously, it was tough in many respects, but there was time/room for some levity, etc, as good memories were shared, among the bad ones.

Anyhow, on the way home (after a meal & get together -at my great aunt's house- in Montebello -my hometown, a suburb of L.A. that's adjacent to East L.A.), I was able to snap this photo:

[​IMG].

We were able to survive that Judgment Day blast, but it won't be long now until Skynet takes complete control of La La Land...

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So we just finished watching All Is Lost. Wow, this is a pretty cool movie. There is basically no dialogue, and only one character: a guy played by Robert Redford, alone on a sailboat in the middle of the ocean. Don't want to give anything away, but it's surprisingly powerful.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Shades of Cast Away?

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I wondered that before watching it. But once you're pulled in, it doesn't feel like anything else I've seen. I think it was better, though different, than Cast Away.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    If it's on Netflix someday, I'll consider watching it.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    All is Lost is a very good movie. I know the prospect of Redford alone on a boat for 90+ minutes with about ten lines of dialog (including an epic F-bomb) might not sound that appealing on the surface, but it really hooks you. I had a couple of issues that I won't get into because they're spoilers, but I do strongly recommend it. Redford deserved at least an Oscar
    nom for it.

EHT likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning, GIL!

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm thinking about moving to a new city and adobting their team as my new favorite. :p

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

LOL, who is your former favorite team?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Come to Philly and follow a team that only makes you think they are losing each and every game. We get American football and an illusion-laden magic show each week. It's double the value.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    *Sigh*... the Titans. :(

TheBBP likes this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

That's what I thought. I was trying to remember your old avatar. Don't give up lol. I am a life-long Seahawks fan. Most of my career as a fan has NOT been easy. Plus, Cincy might be the best team in the AFC right now.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    My favorite part is when he first speaks and its so appropos...yes?

@TheBBP This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A fan craves not these things. You are reckless. Move to Tennessee if you must but once you go down that path...forever will it dominate your destiny.

Darth Chiznuk , EHT and TheBBP like this.
  22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It's on Netflix now. :D

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Then Los Angeles is off the table. [face_plain]

:p

Hmmm...[face_thinking]

EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, the Bengals are firing on all cylinders right now. They'll lose in the first round of the playoffs, but they'll look good in the meantime.

I'm just bitter because I'm a Browns fan. Just when you think they've perfected the art of heartbreak, they pull off another masterpiece.

TheBBP likes this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Browns are on the verge, baby. My favorite team that is not the Seahawks. Too bad that they may have to still shop for a real QB.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.