main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Even with all the nonsense, I'm still quite happy with my Facebook (and Twitter) experience.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, there goes another year of not appeasing Ching Dai. I really need a girl with green eyes. [face_party]

[​IMG]

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Had a very funny dream. It was some sort of spontaneous street festival/celebration sort of thing here in the Belgrade main street. I was hanging around with a strange assortment of people I know, some from days long gone, some who I see everyday. Out of nowhere, along comes Darth Tunes who enthusiastically waves at me from across the street and compliments my accent, for some reason. :p I go over and bring a tiny overflowing shot glass for Tunes because "You just gotta try this, man!" when a guy from my elementary school stumbles along and knocks it out of our hands. A brief scuffle then escalates into a full blown riot and I wake up.

I take this as a sign that we should organize a party at first opportunity.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... and not invite elementary school children...

5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    'elementary school'... when people say that I just imagine a bunch of kids learning to be Sherlock Holmes.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I actually ran into that guy I went to school with quite a few times (it's not a big city and you basically grow up with those people, it's from 7 until 15 years old here) and... well. I would certainly not invite him anywhere.

He deserved what he got, not just for spilling the drink :p

7. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Celebration, mayhaps?

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    *pops in, looks around*

Hi, guys. Wow, still no real 'spoilers' around here, even with filming almost wrapped. :confused:

Yeah, I know I said I'd be non-spoiled, but I keep Googling Episode 7 and I'm getting bored.

So how are things going, other than the Monopoly discussion?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm still looking for work, and my most loathed/hated baseball team is representing the National League in this year's World Series... other than that, I'm fine. :p

A story popped up in my Twitter & Facebook feeds today that affirms why I love living here in La La Land:

http://ktla.com/2014/10/22/caught-on-video-character-brawl-erupts-on-hollywood-blvd-chewbacca-freddy-krueger-try-to-break-it-up/]Brawl[/url] between costumed characters on Hollywood Boulevard occurs; Chewie & Freddy Kruger play peacemaker.

[​IMG]

Never a dull moment in Hollywood.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just to get back to the social media discussion for a minute... I posted this earlier but maybe some missed it: zylch.co

I had a MySpace page for about a week back during its peak, and then deleted it. I've never had a Facebook account, and I really don't like it, so I don't plan to. Twitter is more of a mixed thing for me; I don't like the way it gets used by some people in a "social" manner, but I like how it can be a quick and direct source of actual news. I have an account there that I use just as a newsfeed, which I may or may not keep for the long term. I don't tweet at all, so I don't use it in a social way. So my online interaction is really similar to what The Hellhammer said; it's just here. I also used to post on a few other discussion forums, but that's stopped now too. As far as "keeping in touch with friends and family" goes... they all know my e-mail address and phone number. :p

11. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    My lawyer I had back in 2005 during Celebration 3 told me... no joke... that a man dressed like a stormtrooper & a man dressed like Vader got into a fight at a Indy hotel over a woman dressed like slave Leia. Apparently Vader was "sleeping" with his own daughter & her stormtrooper boyfriend wasn't having any of that.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We need video of that. :p

13. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Of Vader "sleeping" with Leia? You're a mod, for chrissakes :p

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Dammit. I should have known that could be read that way, haha. I meant the fight between Vader and the stormtrooper. [face_laugh]

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Don't you know what kind of place you run here? Of course it was gonna get read that way :p

Darth Chiznuk and EHT like this.
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True. [face_laugh]

18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    Fair enough, but it's also nice to "keep up" with folks via pictures and other avenues as well that are much easier to access via platforms like facebook IMO. Don't get me wrong, a few of my friends and I actually send hand-written letters to each other as well because we tend to be luddites in a certain sense of the word.

EHT and Darth Tunes like this.
  19. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    yeah, except when they start having babies, then it becomes a real snooze fest.

20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    HA! Yes, between babies and weddings it can get a bit tedious.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Babies are cute, though.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Some of them. :p

Edit: By the way, Darth Tunes , the new avatar is great (I saw the full pic in the JCC).

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Except when you've been working since four in the morning and you just want to go to freaking sleep but they won't let you because they want something from you but nothing you give them makes them happy and stops them from crrryyyying and eventually you start crying too because you have to go to work in an hour. Not so cute then. :p

The Hellhammer, JainaSoloYJK and EHT like this.
  24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Darth Chiznuk : How old is your youngest now? Is she getting close to a year already?

25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Darth Chiznuk -Don't have kids yet myself but I an relate. My niece is always fussy in the evenings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.