main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke's an evil cyborg and there's a spider planet called Tarantula or something like that.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone is a communist in the movie.

3. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    So like they all have chisel and hammers, or like they have bouffant hair like the kim of the north?

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. DarthCeltic

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

FOUND THE UBER!

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My general reaction to the Avengers: Age Of Ultron trailer.

[​IMG]

plaidphoenix and Buddha Fett like this.
  6. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Very similar to mine!

[​IMG]

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I took Moo to mean Meh which is my reaction.

8. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I've had jury duty all week, which has been an interesting experience to say the least. I was happy to serve but I'm glad it's over with; I've got about 200 work e-mails to catch up on....

TheBBP likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I had jury duty in December of 2011 (after throwing away the notices for years, I finally got one with big, red lettering on it... if I hadn't showed for it when I did, there would have been penalties :p ). After waiting around for most of the day (which included lunch), my group finally got called in, and after a few minutes, I was among those not chose. Thank goodness!

Also, in the waiting area, I couldn't get over the incredibly silly & tacky photos that were plastered all over the walls:

[​IMG].

So in the NYC-area, do they have pics of mobsters & folks from Law & Order on the walls of their juror waiting areas? :p

10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Leia peels off her mask at one point to reveal Jar Jar Binks! He says in hilarious fashion, "Meesa back!" before falling over. Believe you me when I say this scene will have people crying with laughter, or possibly just crying... my source wasn't entirely clear on this one.

11. DarthCeltic

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If I wasn't so med tired, I could make jokes about being taken care of by 21B's brother 309-1 here at ST Frannies, but you know..

TheBBP likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Abrams ought to have Jar Jar in at least once scene, just to **** with people.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    A cameo by a practical Jar Jar would be fantastic. Old and grey. People would be incensed

Darth Tunes likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Concerning Harrison Ford's plane crash today: I'm sure some of you have seen this somewhere on the internets already, but...

[​IMG].

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    "Fly? Yes. Land? No." - Henry Jones, Jr.

:p

Darth Tunes , TheBBP and DarthCeltic like this.
  18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Awww, Harrison wanted to see me but he chose the wrong state!!!

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I don't know about Manhattan but jury duty in Brooklyn is incredibly boring. Sat around for 2 and half days they finally took a group of us up to a courtroom where we sat around for about an hour before finding out they took us to the wrong courtroom.Then they took us to another courtroom with an actual judge and actual lawyers. I was in the first group questioned and like you, not chosen.

Funny thing is, I lived close enough to the courthouse that I could walk there and they still gave me a travel allowance along with the 5 bucks a day for lunch.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Free $$$? Niiiiice.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  21. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm an attorney so I thought for sure there was no way any prosecutor or defense attorney worth their salt would allow me to make it on the jury. The defense attorney used all five of his strikes before I was called up, but he moved to have me stricken "for cause," which was denied. Funny thing is we ended up finding for his client.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Yeah, in NYC they, at least they did when I was called up, pay you $5 a day for lunch plus subway fare which back then was an extra $2. So I got paid $21 dollars over summer break for 3 days of sitting around and twiddling my thumbs.

23. DarthCeltic

Nov 5, 2010
    Yeah I had a similar experience.. Im not an attorney but do alot of law work, and the defense attorney knows it.. (small town) I work for the feds... Anyway.. he had two more strikes, but allowed me to stay on... FYI the defense won because the DA put on a terrible case!

24. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    Exactly what happened for us. It's kind of scary how shoddy of a case can be brought which will dominate one's life for years. Long story short, the defendant walked out a club with an individual known to be a drug dealer in the community, and was about to get in a car in the drug dealer's possession. A cop said he smelled weed outside the car (from 200 yards away in a full parking lot) and staked the car out. Cop searched the defendant and found weed on him. then searched the car and found a h*** of a lot of cocaine, but in two separate locations, which individually very well may have not met the criteria for for a trafficking charge, but the cop poured all of it into one bag, and LET THE KNOWN DRUG DEALER GO, blaming everything on the defendant.

They didn't secure evidence, the testifying officer kept changing his story, and the Prosecution's main point was that the cocaine had to be the defendant's because a large quantity was found in a jacket in the back seat of the borrowed car (in which the defendant was a passenger), and the defendant wasn't wearing a jacket when he was booked...in South Carolina...in SEPTEMBER. That was pretty much it.

25. DarthCeltic

Nov 5, 2010

Oh... I see.. in SC... im in NC... maybe its the south? I know in my profession.. OGC is.. (to use a football analogy) Like a pro football team... they have the uniforms, and can bury you in paper.. yet.. at the end of the day... when they take the field.. they still are just pop warner..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.