main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I bought Jedi Outcast yesterday. Found it in a second-hand store for 10SEK (about 1 dollar). Never played that before, even though I adore Jedi Knight and really like both Dark Forces and Jedi Academy. Have played it for a bit now - man, I feel like I'm eleven years old, playing Jedi Knight again :D

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    After battling with a nasty cold all week, I believe I'm finally on the mend. About damn time. :p

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This brings back memories. When it first came out, we were still having LAN parties and the duels were truly amazing.
    Even better in Jedi Academy with some mods - like making sabers more realistic and stuff. It was really intense. A duel could last up to 15-20 minutes - a single bad dodge or missed parry could slice you in two. It was truly awesome.

TKT, T-R- and TigerCraneFist like this.
  4. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    We should have something like an official 7SA Timeline.
    These should be called the Days of Savage Speculation. I just like that term. Savage. Speculation. Has a nice ring to it.

TKT likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Saw the Robocop remake tonight. Meh. Not terrible, not great. Definitely not the original.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I won't even pretend that I'll pay any money to see that thing.

[​IMG]

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We had a lovely snow day today. No classes or anything.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have no immediate plans of seeing Robocop. I might check it out on DVD out of curiosity but I'm not a fan of all these remakes.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    My brother has seen it... said it was enjoyable.

He's never seen the original, though. [face_plain]

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Me? I watched the 76ers only have 8 available players and somehow not get completely torched by Dallas the day after losing Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner. Thad Young going 30 & 13 and MCW going 25 & 6 certainly helped, but we are clearly in for a wild ride to the draft lottery...

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Anyone here like the other football? The kind that involves feet, and a ball? If so, my beloved West Ham pulled themselves another three points clear of the relegation dogfight today :)

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hate sports [face_bleh]

But I do agree that "football" is what those silly Americans would call "soccer" :p

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I had no desire to see it. I only went because my friends asked me, and paid for my ticket. I didn't even have to buy it for a dollar. :)

14. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    I've no interest in seeing Robocop.
    - It's yet another remake.
    - Never cared for the original.

I watched An Unexpected Journey again last night. Repeated viewings don't seem to ruin the experience at all. It's enjoyable every time.

EHT likes this.
  15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Dallas buyers club for me this evening. IMHO mcconaughey and leto are at the top of their game

16. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I didn't know anything about that movie until I saw McConaughey on Inside the Actors Studio yesterday. It does pretty much look like a tour de force.

Darth Punk likes this.
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I haven't been to the movies since December. :(

18. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Come to think of it, I don't think I've been to the movies since The Great Gatsby last May.

19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Any good?

20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    It was my favorite movie in a long time, but I'm a huge Baz Luhrmann fan anyway. I've known some people who loved it and a lot who hated it so it's a difficult one to recommend without reservation.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have been to the cinema recently, but almost all recent viewings have been screenings of old, classic horror/sci fi films and nothing newly released.

22. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I usually just watch a couple of movies a day recorded from TCM. I hardly even dip into my massive movie collection anymore, although I did finally get around to watching Jaws on blu-ray last night. Impressive restoration and transfer.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm a movie-aholic. :D I think I went the cinema 30+ times last year. And already a bunch this year. Last one was The Lego Movie, which was decent. Plenty funny and filled with nostalgia, but just decent.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am also a recovering film addict who spends absurd amounts of time at the cinema. It just seems as if not much recently released material lured me in. I had to have been there nearly as many times as you, Todd. I think my year was front heavy, though.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Jaws. I will never tire of that movie. ^:)^

Oh, on another note... pinewood derby update. The race was this morning, and my son placed first place in his den (tiger cubs)! So he had the fastest combined run times out of the kids in his age group (and his age group being the youngest, this obviously means it was his first time). We were very proud of him, but it was also cool for me too since we built that car together. I also had fun because I helped run the meet (assistant den leader and also on the pinewood derby committee, haha).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.