main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 3.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Put your phone away and just watch the film!

cubman987 likes this.
  2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Watched "The Revenant" today. Intense film... Favorite moment: DiCaprio 'tauntauning' that horse--and he didn't even need a lightsaber to do so. [face_devil]

Will be watching TFA for the 13th time tomorrow (in IMAX 3D again)

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    13 times...wow, I hope to see it for a 7th time soon but will need to see all the Oscar noms too so not sure if I'll have time.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  4. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Can't believe David Bowie has died.

This is the first time I'm so shocked and saddened by the death of a person I've never met. He was a true artist, and went out like one. He released his last album, a very poignant one, and celebrated his 69th birthday just last week!

He completely vanished publicly over a decade ago and only raised his voice for his audiovisual projects, which have always been strong manifests that speak for themselves.

He was the closest thing to real magic. His energy will live on for ever, I'll probably will never feel the same way again about another artist. He was truly one of a kind and we will probably never witness someone as visionary, talented, charismatic, funny and gracious.

One of my few true heroes.

RIP David Bowie.
    [​IMG]

Leoluca Randisi and DarthBreezy like this.
  5. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Might have to watch Labyrinth again in his honor.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I love David Bowie In fact my whole family loves him, I love his Music and I loved him in Labyrinth, his haunting lyrics and music were beautiful!
    James Gunn wanted a David Bowie cameo in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

[​IMG]
    The world is still processing the loss of iconic musician and occasional actor David Bowie, and his impact is being felt across the film world as well as that of pop and rock. James Gunn has shared his own remembrance via Facebook and includes mention of trying to secure Bowie's services for a cameo in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2.
    A Bowie track, as Gunn mentions below, appears on the soundtrack and in the first film, but for Vol. 2, he was looking to go a step further. "Just a very short while ago Kevin Feige and I were talking about a cameo role in Guardians Vol. 2, and he brought up Bowie's name. I told him nothing in the world would make me happier, but I heard from common friends he wasn't doing well. We heard back that he was okay and it could potentially happen. Who knows what that was about? But, for whatever reason, it made my Twitter revelation more of a surprise."
    You can't help but feel that Bowie would have fitted in well to the bright universe Gunn created with the initial look at Star-Lord and co., and it's shame it won't now have a chance to come to pass.
    Gunn goes on to add his own thoughts on the death of the icon and another plan for his music in the sequel. "Bowie was an idol of mine, huge and omnipresent. Few artists in any field have had as an indelible impression upon me as he has. To my mind, Ziggy Stardust is perhaps the greatest rock and roll album of all time. We featured Moonage Daydream in Guardians, but I always thought the album's character was felt far beyond that, in the aesthetics, in the integral and seemingly-natural linking in popular culture of '70's rock and space opera. I've been trying to work another song from Ziggy into the sequel, which would make Bowie the only artist to have a song on both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. I thought this was fair and appropriate. Although I cut the scene it was used in from the script, we have the rights. Who knows. Maybe I can figure a way out."
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 will be in cinemas on April 28, 2017.

7. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Is there a Celebration-Europe 2016 thread anywhere? I can't seem to find one. Just found out I'll be in London during that time and need help/advice ASAP! :D

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Try here... http://boards.theforce.net/forums/fanforce-star-wars-celebrations.10611/

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No! Do or do not. There is no Screw it. Try there. It is your best bet.

10. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Just got home from my 6th viewing...weird, hadn't watched it in two weeks...I was getting to the point on my 5th viewing that I was barely getting tears whilst watching...but then here on my 6th viewing, all the flood gates were open at the really emotional points again.

11. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I enjoyed the movie so much..even though I only watched it the once I never teared up at the scenes but at the nostalgia of enjoying it with my boys the way my father did with me..and to a lesser point my sisters...I'm curious..besides the one obvious one..which scenes did people find holding back that lump in their throats and tears?

EviL_eLF likes this.
  12. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Han's death, Rey's reaction to Finn almost dying, Leia and Rey comforting each other, the super emotional final scene.

hartman89 likes this.
  13. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Wow...I bet I'm in the super minority regarding the final scene...and I'm saying that not just because I didn't fall in the majority but because I can guarantee I don't fall in with what most people would think my reaction would be if I didn't find it extremely touching...

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

RIP you will be remembered ...

EviL_eLF, Lee_ and Bathos like this.
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Artistic geniuses in their prime, nice.

Chewies_bandolier and EviL_eLF like this.
  16. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I made the mistake of seeing it at a reasonably child-friendly hour yesterday .... I sat 2 seats away from a dad and his kid who both decided to eat the extra crunchy, extra crispy, extra extra noisy potato chips with mouths open (you could hear the chomp comp rustle rustle) happening all though the film. Totally put me out of watching it.

Blueray can't come soon enough!

17. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    the crawl, the Weapon, & Han.

18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I've have to move or punch a kid, woohoo misophonia. My deepest sympathies.

Also, is there a countdown/get in line thread for Ep 8? :-B

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    EviL_eLF and AmySolo like this.
  20. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Ofc it would be. I'm skurred, I don't like spoilers but omg. My body is ready for new stuff!

EHT likes this.
  21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    There's also a GIL social thread in the New Films - No Spoilers Allowed forum too.

AmySolo likes this.
  22. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Oh cool, thanks! ^:)^

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You're welcome. Just note that if you want to post in the NSA forum, you have to request posting rights first... there's a thread for doing that in the Communications forum.

AmySolo likes this.
  24. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Okay...I get the first and the obvious one...I guess the crawl didn't do me like that just because my excitement was turnt up to eleven...

25. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Overwhelmed with emotion, not sad tears just "omg I can't believe it's happening" type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.