main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 3.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She didn't even wait around for Vader to show up. The bloke at the end lets go of his dog.

Luke'sSeveredHand and TheBBP like this.
  2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, the entire thing was damn funny. But her reaction, and they way it was edited, was pure comic gold.

TheBBP likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I like how nobody in that clip (and just one or two people in the longer version of it that comes up under related videos) offered to just give the lightsaber to the stormtroopers or Vader. They kept it and ran away with it like they decided they had a moral obligation to accept this responsibility. [face_laugh]

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And the award for best GIF goes to... EHT !

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've got to get some sort of 'Best Supporting' award for that. :p

EHT likes this.
  6. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Lost another childhood/lifelong hero today
    RIP Roddy Piper!

Pro Scoundrel and STARBOB like this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A man of his talents deserves only one possible film as tribute.

[​IMG]

8. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Greatness. Such a fun movie.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  10. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I was on my way home from work yesterday (around 6am), and as the highway I was on transferred from being a 3 lane (each direction) free-way to a 3 lane suburan city road... I was coming to a stop light where a heavily modified ford Torino (obviously mods intended for the strip! Looked like a '69) was pulling up to the light on the far right lane. Both the left and center lane was occupied, and since I wanted to get a good look at the Torino I pulled up behind him, which I hoped would allow me to pull over to the next lane and give him a thumbs up on his ride.

APPARENTLY, he saw the black with red striped convertible pulling up behind him, so he decided he would launch the moment the light turned green. He launched, so I had to as well, cause I still wanted to get a look at his car too... [​IMG]

Even having the jump of me having to wait for him to go before I could go... he still couldn't pull while I was in first for a very short while... and the moment I shifted to second, I started to gain on him immediately to the point where I had to change lanes quick. Right after I changed lanes and was pulling on him for a very short time I noticed I had already passed 50 (speed limit was 45) so I immediately shut it down.

He shut down right after I did, dropped back to me with his eyes big, giving me a thumbs up saying "NICE!".

Yet, my only response at that point was to smile and tell him that he wasn't able to pull... to which he gave a conciliatory nod and grin.

So it went from me just wanting to get a close look at his car and give up a thumbs up and say nice ride, to basically the opposite... :lol:

TheBBP likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Though I really do need one, and will enjoy a lot of the experience, I'm still rather anxious about obtaining a drivers license.

EviL_eLF and TheBBP like this.
  12. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

It's not that hard.

Imagine me, I have to go from driving on the left-hand side of the road in Australia to the right-hand side of the road in America - now that's tough and confusing, but knock on wood I haven't smashed yet!

EviL_eLF and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    In theory, sure, but I think it's a mental block for me at this point... everytime I go in to take the written test, I always fail. Came close a few times, sure, but the result was always the same.

:p

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Don't sweat it...driving is fun!

Luke'sSeveredHand and TheBBP like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed... driving is a big responsibility, but it's also quite fun.

EviL_eLF and TheBBP like this.
  16. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    Just follow all the rules and never take your license for granted once you have it. Losing your license once you have it isn't fun, and losing it for life is even worse. So listen to someone that knows. . . . don't ever street race or steal cars.[face_shame_on_you]

TheBBP likes this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I lost my license for 3 years and didn't know it until I went to get it renewed. I had a no seat belt ticket that I couldn't pay and forgot about so they suspended my license. It was quite a shock to learn.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Rabs like this.
  18. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    Good thing you never got pulled over. Don't know where you live but Here in Arkansas driving on a suspended license is an automatic 10 days in jail. Mine were taken in court by a judge that seemed overly happy to be doing so.

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't drive in a fashion that gets much attention and I have been blessed enough to not be a headlight or brake light short at the wrong time. I am not sure on the actual law, but they can tow your vehicle on the spot if they choose, but I am not sure about jail time though that seems like something that could happen. I think it depends on who pulls you over and how they are feeling. On top of all that, our insurance would not have covered me, so not getting hit or being in any accident was a blessing as well.

Huge bullet dodged.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  20. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    Bullet dodged indeed.

TheBBP likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    When I moved back to the US in 2003 I was constantly driving on the wrong side of the road for nearly 2 weeks. Not for an entire trip but when I would first pull onto the street. Never got pulled over for that, blessedly.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

When there's not any traffic.:p

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My parents were always too busy to teach me how to drive so I stole my sisters car and taught myself. I wouldn't recommend it. :p

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I really want a That 70's Show reunion episode.

Grilled Hutt and TheBBP like this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't watch a lot of TV at all, but I used to love watching that show Las Vegas.

[​IMG]

It was semi-trashy and not very intellectually stimulating, but I dug it. They ended it abruptly after the writer's strike. I always wanted them to bring it back for one more run to give it the ending that it deserved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.