Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by PrincessKenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Work was insane today. Some guy threw popcorn at me because I asked him to move out of the seat he was sitting in to let the people who had the tickets sit down.

I also got to meet Daniel Logan today. He was at my theater with some friends which was cool. He seems like a nice kid.
  2. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    Please tell me you got a pic of you and him mean mugging.
  3. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    My Christmas went very well this year, and I'm quite happy about that. I just got back from seeing Django Unchained... what an incredibly great motion picture!
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Sith_Bounty-Hunter Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Good morning all, hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
  6. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Good morning. :). The holiday was good--we had a family get-together at my sister's place. I learned that another of my nephews has gotten into Star Wars; my work here is done. :D

Unfortunately my youngest woke up at 5 a.m. with what appears to be the flu. It's going to be a low-key day today.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Nah I didn't want to bug him, I just shook his hand and talked with his group for a sec.
  8. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
  9. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I don't get it. What kind of theater do you work at that sells popcorn but also has assigned seating?
  10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I run a 16 screen movie theater. We have reserved seating here. You can buy your tickets ahead of time and the "theory" is you don't have to show up an hour early to get a good seat. You can choose the seats ahead of time and grab dinner or whatever and not have to worry. It has worked really well for us, especially for midnight shows and big movies. We don't have the super long lines anymore since you know where you are sitting.
  11. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

The same to you, Beth. :p
  12. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
  13. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That sounds pretty rad. :)
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    So the power is out at my house right now and it's a balmy 12 degrees outside. Going on 4 hours with no heat, might have to do a night in a stinking hotel.
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Ack, that sucks, Rox. Did you all get hit with that winter storm that I hear was slamming the Midwest?

We just got a lot of rain here.
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Nah just some random power outage but its back on now:D
  17. 3PO Force Ghost

star 4
    lol boxing day.

And I thought bank holidays in the US were stupid. :p
  18. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    I still feel 'President's Day' is the dumbest holiday. Seems redundant, with Fourth of July and all.
  19. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I just recently found out it's not about people hitting each other.
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Reminds me of the Letterman top 10 list of George Washington quotes from several years ago.

"I have to share a holiday with Lincoln? When the hell did that happen?"
    Joe Antonetti likes this.
  21. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

How bad is the snowstorm out there in the Indy area?
  22. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    Up here in Wallingford, we got at least a foot.
  23. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    It's very chilly here. I got the new COD game for just 40 bucks at Target. The title is very misleading. I have not been able to find any Ops that are black. I might have to call this Duty fellow and ask him where they are.
  24. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Good morning all! The weather here is mild, at least for winter. We got a light shower the other day and sun today.

I have to call into the courts on Sunday and see if I have to attend jury duty onthe 31st. :oops: Sure hope not! No worse way to spend New years' Eve than stuck in a crowded little room playing crosswords. :(
  25. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Good luck Jaina. If it were the courts here, you'd be unlikely to have to serve on New Year's Eve, there are certain days that the judges try to avoid holding court. When we hosted the Democratic National Convention this year, they cancelled court the entire week. Anyway, hopefully they'll just excuse you.

It's 41 degrees here which is cold for us; that's probably a warm spell other places. I'm hoping that snow that has hit the Southwest blows this way. Our best snowstorms come from the South.

Taking a sick kiddo into the pediatrician in a bit. I'm glad I'm off work the rest of the week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.