1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by PrincessKenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Malleus Maleficarum

Manager
    star 8
    The fact that your hotel doesn't have a removal service is an atrocity.
  2. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    We do but we still have to shovel sidewalks and sometimes they don't get here very fast and we have to at least clear the handicap spots if need be.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Malleus Maleficarum

Manager
    star 8
    What does a handicapped person need a hotel room for when the weather is inclement, anyway? They should just stay home and wait for the power to be restored.
  4. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Well what if they are traveling? It is better to be safe and stop for the night and get a room, instead of keeping on traveling.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Malleus Maleficarum

Manager
    star 8
    You and your "logic". They are already crippled, what worse could happen? Where's your reason now?
    fishtailsam likes this.
  6. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

I am/was not. :p
  7. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    We got a little bit of snow a couple of months back, but it melted away fast. Nothing to get excited over. Take care, and stay warm @PrincessKenobi . The JC wouldn't be the same without you. It's great to have a royal over here to keep us all in line, and everything in order. Nice to finally get to talk to you.

:D
  8. Joe Jedi Master

star 6
    What if they are driving somewhere? The snow could cause them to become stranded. Thus, its better for them to get a safe place for the night.

Seconded. Plus, think of how power-mad Seerow would go in LACWAC if she was left unchecked.
  9. Ridley Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Good morning, GIL!

All this talk of snow makes me laugh. Out here they call a snow day if we get any more than two inches and if we get six inches the place comes to a virtual halt. We never get snowplows because they're all too busy up in the mountains.

In 2008 we got a 'freak snowstorm' that dumped 17" in 24 hours. For two days, anyone without four-wheel drive was snowed in. School was out for almost a week. Of course seeing snow so seldom my family went insane with joy...until my dad recruited us to shovel the driveway...without snow shovels. I never knew how heavy snow was until I had to lift it 17" off a 10' by 30' driveway. :oops:

Hope everyone stays safe!
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Zapdos Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good afternoon guys. Or in some parts of the world "good morning/day/evening/night"
  11. STARBOB Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Goodmorning GIL. Got the complete starwars saga on bluray from my wife & kids this weekend for my birthday.:D
    We also made plans to drive to disneyworld Orlando the first week of July.:D
    JainaSoloYJK and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    It only snowed here twice in the past 20 years. But I can see the snowy mountains from here.
  13. Zapdos Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
  15. fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Luh-key!
  16. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
  17. STARBOB Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like Ironman, but Thor is my favorite. Can't wait until november for Thor2.
  18. Darth Chiznuk New Films Manager/The Tom Brady of PT Trivia

Manager
    star 6
    Good morning, GIL. :)

Love the Iron Man trailer! I'm really excited for it and Thor 2. I'm a little less excited about Cap 2 because I wasn't overly impressed with the first one.
  19. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    I'm in Fresno, CA. Flat and low elevation in the valley, but a great view of the Sierra on a clear day.
  20. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I've driven through Fresno a couple of times.

:p
  21. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Still no snow. They however have said it should be here no later then 6 pm and started then we are looking at it snowing an inch or more an hour.
  22. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    There's a mayoral primary election today out here, and I have to figure out if it's worth it to vote.
  23. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    @PrincessKenobi: I applied today for a Guest Services position at an Extended Stays America... it's only a part time job, but hopefully I can still land an interview.
  24. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Coolness. I hope you can.
    JainaSoloYJK and DarthTunick like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk New Films Manager/The Tom Brady of PT Trivia

Manager
    star 6
    It's been pouring rain all day but now it looks like it's turning into snow again! :(

EDIT: Yahoo, a 1000 posts!
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Mar 5, 2013
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.