main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    nothing much , just living the dream, whatever that is :)

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My parents got five grandsons before they ever got a granddaughter. My brother and I both have boys; my sister's first child is a boy. What's funny is my niece is one of the biggest girly-girls out there in spite of being surrounded by boys. I don't know how long it will be before she gets upset at not having any girls to play with at family gatherings; so far she holds her own and enjoys having all the dolls that my mom saved, to herself.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Since 2005, 2 of my cousins have had 4 kids between them (3 for one cousin, 1 for the other)... all of them boys.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and you gave your parents the iPhone5 they were hoping for...

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, all six of my parents' grandchildren have been born in 2005 or later. In 2007, my sister, sister-in-law and I were all pregnant at the same time. Which was kind of cool.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It was sunny earlier, but now it's cloudy. At least there's no more snow coming.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

They are very proud.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm the only one of my siblings who has more girls than boys. My older brother has two boys, when the baby is born my younger brother will have a two boys and a girl, my sister has a boy and a girl, and I have three girls and a boy.

11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    FWIW, Iron Man 3 is on track for a 130 million dollar opening day and is getting absolutely rave reviews.

Disney is really ruining the quality of these movies by releasing them so often! :)

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Pacer Playoffs start in half an hour. Woot! Woot!

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Tonight's Lakers/Spurs game 2 begins in about 2 1/2 hours... I wish I could like the Lakers chances in this game (and the series), but realistically, I don't. Will I still watch? Obviously.

14. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    No comment.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Anybody hear about that IM3 plot twist regarding *DO NOT READ if you hate spoilers*
    mandarin being a decoy and Killian is the real villain
    Fans are going insane about it! I kinda see where they are coming from. If I was a IM fan *which I am not*, I'd be pissed. IMO it comes off as a twist they made just for the sake of having a twist. Doesn't add anything...all it does is just really piss people off. But I guess they like controversy...not the good kind but whatever. They'll feel the wrath of fans soon *believe me I hang out with marvel fans on other forums...it gets crazy*

16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, Ben Kingsleys statements that
    His character is only a mouthpiece
    back that up. That is a really bad twist. Not as dumb as
    the rumor that Stark goes into space at the end of the film, despite there being nowhere for Stark to go in space because, well, there are no populated planets for him to go to alone.
    All of these twists point to them finally running out of stuff for shellhead. They did Demon in a Bottle, they did the Mandrin, they're (doing) Armor Wars - there's nothing left for him

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    If he's going into space, maybe he's helping with the Guardians of the Galaxy since that movie is coming out too?

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    They're going to have to start making stuff up and TBH...Iron man does not have the best villain gallery and since well
    they kinda ruined mandarin
    what do they have left? I wish this would be the end of the franchise *time to focus on new characters* but knowing Disney and Marvel it wont be. They'll keep forcing these movies out cause they make more money than all the other marvel solo films.

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    TBH I was hoping for that after credit scene because it would connect to GOTG *which is my most anticipated marvel film mostly because its not a sequel, something new and will most likely not include forced in IM references/cameos*, most instead they just made it another
    Joke after credit scene involving Bruce banner which I hear is basicly pointless
    I hope for a miracle and they include another after credit scene in the US release that actually is worth my time.

20. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Yeah. He's in the GOTG comic (recently), and will probably be in the movie.

Yep. Iron Man was a crap charcter to start the Marvel Movie franchise. They should've started with Thor or Cap - someone with an actual rogues gallery who could hold as the cornerstone of the franchise. Sadly, we are stuck with Iron Man, and if an Iron Man film bombs, the entire MCU is sunk. They're not gonna stop making them, though.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm assuming that Iron Man 3 will be better than 2 at least.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    :p

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Sadly. They've grown too dependant on him and believe that they need to use him to market the others *which is why I feel the IM in GOTG comics is an insult to the GOTG*. I mean I heard they even used his secret cameo in a The Incredible Hulk tv spot JUST to use him to market the film. Heck half of his "cameos" and references are not needed. Did Howard Stark really need to be in Cap? No...but they had to because they felt like they needed to connect every freaking movie to IM. It sometimes makes me feel like they hold back on a lot of their films but let the IM and Avengers films do what they want. It just feels like they keep the solo films *outside of IM* to a lower scale/less cinematic epic look in order to avoid overshadowing Avengers and IM. Like compare the IM3 teaser to the Thor 2 teaser and tell me which one honestly looks like the studio put more time and effort into. Obviously not Thor.

24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Well we know how I feel about the Lakers. No need for me to get on the soap box. Especially since their golden boy is out for the year.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I wonder what will happen to the Avengers franchise when RDJ finally leaves? Or will he leave? Is he immortal?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.