main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    There is less effort put into everything besides IM and the Avengers (which most saw as IM 2.5). Plus, the IM films have put this BS "everything's science!" mentality on the entire MCU. Why did Thor have to have so much "I'm really an alien with high tech" stuff in it? Why did Cap have to have super high tech suit? Why did the Cosmic Cube have to be a super battery? It didn't. But "Iron Man has to live in a world populated by science".

If we started with Cap, the universe would have just built. Now, the universe does have to mould around IM.

Lets hope RDJ retires. Hopefully, the MCU could survive that.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Marvel will probably be confused and start looking for a new cash cow or recast IM. Makes me wonder....if lets say GOTG does amazing and makes a **** load of money...what will they do? Logicly they would start emphasizing on them and trying to include them more in the other films...but the GOTG seem more like a seperate group *heck only until recent have they even interracted with the Avengers. I dont believe they even met the Avengers till they got the movie*. Marvel sadly hasn't made it so Cap or Thor could take over *obviously they have not reached the holy RDJ levels. Still popular but IMO not capable of taking over the franchise especially when one *Evans apparantly* is not a fan of playing the character for long periods of time. The future of Marvel post RDJ is a blurry one.

3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont know if it can. As you said, they have fit the MCU to fit the IM universe. Its like a weird version of "Nolanizing" (which what Nolan did in TDK trilogy. Everything has to be uber realistic and gritty in order to fit my world. Permawhite skin? Too unrealistic. Steroids? WAY too unrealistic? Cities being taken over by a group of terrorists? Totally realistic :p). Marvel really needs to get past this "Everything we have is thanks to RDJ" mentality or they are skrewed once he is done.

4. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    There is no future to the MCU post RDJ right now. The only shot they have is in a "next generation" of heroes, which Marvel doesn't have. Sure, it could exist - it'll just go out of the mainstream, like Star Wars has now - but it'll drop significantly.

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I really hope Marvel has considered this because as of now...you're kinda right. It comes off like they dont have a plan post-IM and are just going on luck. If they had spent all of phase 1 giving Cap, Thor, and Hulk the best films they could possibly make *without the obvious "ok guys hold back here because we dont want to be bigger than Avengers. Smaller scale* than we would definitly be in better shape. Sure their characters are all beautifully cast but they obviously didn't get the same love and spoils IM got. Then again...they got "The Whedon" so that is definitly a MAJOR confidence inspirer *even though he killed off one of my most favorite original comic characters ever. RIP Coulson*

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Fair enough. I've haven't felt this concerned about the Lakers chances in a first round series in about 6 years. :p

7. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    How bout those warriors? Spanked Denver lastnight and this is without Lee. They've sucked for so long I'm treating lastnights victory as if they won the finals.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I haven't really heard anything about them. Really not heard much about anyone but the Pacers this year. Work has been really busy and I've been working 8 hours there and then working from my time off till 1 to 2 in the morning helping my best friend move and get unpacked at her new place.

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney or whoever needs to start dropping some info on the new films or I'm going to write my congressman or ugh...congresswoman Pelosi.

10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    lol Give it time, something should start dropping soon. I imagine once they get done with all the Star Trek press we will start getting news.

And it's raining 3's.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    May 4th will be the day.

12. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I can't wait for it. Not only is it Star Wars Day but it's Free Comic Book Day!

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Finger crossed! [face_praying]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I will buy all of the comic books.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've yet to watch any Star Wars film on May 4th... that may change this year.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anyone watching the draft tonight? I'm hoping my Titans are smart and draft defense particularly a pass rusher but I would settle for Dee Milliner if he dropped to us. :p

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I turned 39 today. Now in my final year of my 30's. :p

Darth kRud likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Happy birthday. :) Hope you have a good one!

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks. :cool:

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Track meet today! Under the lights!

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Good luck!

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Happy birthday eht. And good luck in your meet, internets. I myself have begun running again, now that it's really nice out all the time.

eht13 likes this.
  24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Happy Birthday eht! Good luck Internets!

What's happening today?

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

eht13 likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Packing to go camping. I need solitude. Working from home as a recluse isn't enough for me, anymore. I'm going to the mountains.

26. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy birthday eht13 ! The decade of awesome starts next year. :D

Myke: Sounds very relaxing. I need to escape into the woods for awhile myself. Have a good time. :)

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.