main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Damn, that's ambitious. I might do that when Episode VII comes out.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Make it a double IMAX screening for ultra fanboy points.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So....I'm totally convinced that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Evil Sherlock Holmes in Star Trek Into Darkness. I even have my own headcanon: After the events of Reichenbach Falls, Sherlock falls into a coma and wakes up hundreds of years into the future to learn that John Watson is dead and had left him to live in the Shire with Gandalf after he thought Sherlock died. Sherlock then goes insane, goes by John Harrison and goes to destroy Britian because thats what he does.
    That is what I believe will happen and nothing will convince me otherwise.....I also want Benedict to show up in Star Wars 7 because....dat voice....its needed for Star Wars villain. Its seductive [face_love]

Chewgumma likes this.
  4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    B...b...but what about the next two seasons of Sherlock? What will that do to your (amazing) head canon! :p

Darth Claire likes this.
  5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    All an hallucination by John Watson in order to cope with the loss of Sherlock. Dude couldn't handle being without his o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ best friend

Chewgumma likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish I had gotten to the theater when it was there.

I saw all the Star Wars movies in the theater more than once, except for ROTS, and I saw a few of the Harry Potter movies more than once in the theater. I haven't seen too many theater movies more than once since I had kids though.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I just normally don't do multiple viewings at theaters due to costs.

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the theater I visit put their ticket prices up recently. It was £12 for a single ticket to get into Iron Man 3. I swear I don't recall the price being that high before. It's pretty obscene what they charge you to get into the cinema now. The only reason I bother with refreshments on top of the ticket is because I was given a gift token at christmas.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's another reason I haven't done multiple viewings since I had kids--three tickets at multiple viewings gets costly really fast.

The theaters here offer the summer blockbusters during the day Monday-Thursday for $5 a ticket so we do that when we can. We saw The Amazing Spider-Man that way last year.

And the discount theater that shows movies that are a couple of months old for $1.50 or so each, is really awesome.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I try to avoid 3D showings, but that seems to have become more and more difficult.

11. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Don't get me started on 3D. My mum can't see 3D movies because she has glasses. Having an extra set is incredibly cumbersome and uncomfortable. It also gives her severe migraines. She nearly collapsed after seeing Tintin in 3D it made her that bad. So I find it incredibly irritating that theaters are removing freedom of choice and making cinema-going, a magical activity that I think everyone should be able to partake in, less accessible than it already is. :oops:

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The most recent film that I viewed twice in the same day at the cinema was Dredd. I tend to be willing to do multiple screenings of a film. I've always been a fan of film as a medium and certain genre material being filmed seems to be on a parallel with that specific interest.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't mind 3D but my sons hate it; even the child-sized glasses never fit them right.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Nobody poops in Minecraft. Nobody is allowed to poop in Minecraft."

This insight brought to you by my youngest, as I prepare to search for computer-generated Ex-Lax for Minecraft figures.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The glasses are never an issue for me when seeing a film in 3D. :p

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We always choose the 2D option if we have a choice, mostly because we don't really care about it that much and 3D costs extra. For Jurassic Park 3D there wasn't a choice, since that was the point of it, but the 3D was done very well so we all enjoyed it. We'll be seeing Iron Man 3 in 2D, since that has a choice.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Makes sense to me. As for myself, I usually only see big event movies in 3D.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only modern film I consciously decided to see in 3D was the Tron sequel because the entire point of that film was certainly not the script...

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    So we got another Star Trek clip and let me put it this way....if Spirk wasn't canon then...it is now. Jealous!Spock is my favorite thing and I love this movie already. *runs off crying from feels* :_|

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hate 3D and try to avoid it whenever possible because it is also so damn expensive. The theater I go to charges $5.50 between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm so that is when I usually go see movies.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am endlessly baffled by how many film fans, who spend their time discussing films, are so cheap/po' when it comes to actually viewing said films...

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's still the same movie and it costs less. Win win. ;)

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It isn't just you. "Who is going to see a midnight showing of Episode VII"? Answers range from "I only go to matinees because they are $5" to "Wow. Midnight is really late".

We post like reaching a million posts on here will solve the Middle East crisis, but spending $8 and staying up past our bedtime is outrageous...

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah for SW I'll pay whatever I must because there's no way I'll miss it on opening night. There are a few other films I'd do that for (the Dark Knight trilogy) but there are others that I can wait.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You forgot "I don't like crowds." [/guilty]

Darth Chiznuk and Chewgumma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.