main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That really sucks. I have some family members like that too so I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope your day gets better. :)

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    anakinfansince1983 :

Haha, cool. I haven't actually had that particular beer (not actually a huge fan of Sam Adams), but my favorite beers are generally Belgian ales and I assumed that was what they were emulating. If you ever come across Maredsous, try it!

I'm about to try an O'hara's Irish Stout... sounds good, we'll see.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Blue Moon and Shock Top best, and Kennebunkport for flavored beers. The Belgian Session is a little sweeter but really, really good.

eht13 likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks Thor 2 isn't going to be good? From all I'm seeing *and hearing based off old reports* it really comes off like the people involved dont care about it or are being forced to return *I've heard dozens of reports of the actors involved threatening to not return/not wanting to be apart of it* that I just see this movie being some uninspired, phoned in mess devoid of any passion. I just see nothing special about it nor do I see any reason to care *Why should I care that Doctor Dark Elf is attacking Earth?*. I guess thats mostly Marvel's marketing fault but who knows.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope it's great (loved the first one) but I was so disappointed with Iron Man 3 (and I had high hope for it) that I'm trying to calm my expectations. We'll see I guess.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I enjoyed Thor for the most part *its one of those movies that I am not going to think about often because the more I do the more flaws I find*. I WANT this movie to be good but after IM3 *which I didn't enjoy* I worry the rest of "Phase 2" will be some stupid, comedic mess that tries WAY too hard to be funny and just ends up disrespecting the comics/fanbase. I mean I read a scene description from Thor 2 and it legit sounds like Michael Bay humor. Its...just weird. I also hope we dont get another case of "Lying Marketing": Which is where the trailers/posters make the movie have a certain tone but then the actual movie is the polar opposite *IM3 looked like a dark, dramatic movie but in the end it basicly was a Family Friendly Christmas comedy*

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I liked Iron Man 3... oh well. But I'm not excited about Thor 2 at all. I didn't really like the first Thor movie, although I liked his character in The Avengers.

Man Of Steel, however, looks pretty promising.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't wait for Man of Steel.

9. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    As I said....Superhero movies suck.

Thor is one of the bigger jokes. Who the hell is Thor? :p

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Agreed. I thought Iron Man 3 was just an absolute mess of a film and it makes me feel uneasy about the other films coming up. If Marvel can put that much effort into Iron Man and it turns out like that then what is going to happen with the lesser projects? [face_nail_biting]I'm hoping it turns out for the best though.

anakinfansince1983 Definitely. Man of Steel looks amazing!

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

BOOO.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    anakinfansince1983: It's not about the beer selection... I hate going to bars. I've got no current interest in trying to pick up a person for either a one night stand, or to start a possible relationship (my buddies on the other hand want to. :p ), and I'm never fond of the prices I have to pay for mixed drinks... I can drink so much more (and spend less in doing so) at home. Also, I can't stand how loud bars to tend to get, and how you often have to plow through scores of people just to reach the bar in order to get a drink.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I always seem to get in trouble when I go to bars so I try to stay a way. My buddies keep trying to get me to go but I'd much rather get drunk on my favorite chair than deal with a bunch of idiots.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I rarely go to bars myself and when I do, I try to keep to bars at posh places.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Thankfully my buddies understand my position here, and since the purpose of their trip tonight is too flirt (and thus possibly score), I won't be going. w00t! :p

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    *crickets* Anybody here? *crickets*

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]
    They're I'm here.

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I am, too....trying to ignore the creepiness of the above photo. [face_hypnotized]

BTW, if anyone has any ideas how to keep busy while my foot is propped up for the next couple of weeks, please share.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Read a good book. Or The Good Book.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Good I'm not alone. :p My son just walked into the living room and threw a toy at the back of my head for no apparent reason before walking back into his room without a word. He doesn't sleep walk to my knowledge so I'm guessing it was intentional.

eht13 likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That was Mime for "you neglect me". :p

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Either that or he's a serial killer. I haven't decided yet.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    One could lead to the other...

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    True. It must be my fault. :p

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Because of that or the inconceivably late bedtime for a child?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.