main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Unbelievable.

STARBOB will probably post morbidity in here later on this morning...

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    ...And that was just game 1 folks. If this series goes 7 games, these teams are going to be dead on their feet!

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My goodness do I have a hangover today. That is totally not fair, I only had two light beers and two glasses of wine.

So, everyone, learn something from me: don't spend an entire day working in the garden, with no shade when it's about 20 degrees Celsius without drinking large amounts of water. And if you do - drink NO alcohol in the evening.

[face_sick]

4. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    :_|:_|:_| I figured since it went 3 OT, I'd post 3 crying faces.:p

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Sorry about the hangover...
    <googles 20 degrees celsius>
    [face_tee_hee]
    [face_laugh]

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, that's room temperature.

But yeah, a glass of water after each drink of alcohol. My last hangover involved beer, wine and sangria outside, and no water. [face_sick]. I couldn't look at Chardonnay for a few months afterwards.

Good morning recovering fans of That Sport On Ice Skates With Pucks. It would be tempting to be inside a rink today as it's supposed to be 94 degrees.

Raleigh, North Carolina has a hockey team. I don't know how the hell that happened either.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That is 20 degrees Celsius outside (in the shade) - that means that it's probably quite warmer in the sun - which is where I was ;)

8. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I remember those days. they could be fun, but annoying (used to post as Cygnusjedi1). got bored after the movie came out. left and now I'm back.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    20 degrees C is heaven.
    Especially for having a few beers outside and playing chess.
    Chess and beer is a rather fun combination, as we found out.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If I played chess and drank beer at the same time I might actually win.

The last time I played chess was online with Breezy, and she cremated all my chess bodies and used them for mulch within about 10 minutes.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    The only time drink helped me win at chess was when we were having some rum and I was playing against this friend who kicks our asses all the time.
    Around the bottom of the bottle, he just said perfectly normally "Just a sec, man." Walked off and collapsed into the grass.

At least I won.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    "Why is the rum gone???" *staggers* "Oh....that's why."

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I used to be really good at chess. Seriously had a knack for it and would play the old geezers in the park. But, I woke up one morning and completely forgot everything I knew about it, completely out of nowhere.

14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    You should probably have that checked.

JainaSoloYJK and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I haven't played chess in forever... I used to play all the time, though I was never really any good. I can't really see ahead in the game, I pretty much just played move for move which doesn't usually work out so well.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I did. It was diagnosed as getting older. [face_plain]

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Man of Steel is now rotten. Man...I never saw that coming. I guess thats why we were fooled by the Nolan and Snyder. They create these marketing campaigns that are almost perfect and convince you this will be the most amazing thing ever....and then its not. I blame the massive hype and unrealistic expectations. Thankfully I doubt SW7 will have the same cause we have lower expectations for this film *I'm certainly not expecting it to be "the greatest movie ever" like some DC fans were saying about MOS*. Still....its just sad.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I haven't dared to get my hopes up for Man of Steel. It looks decent enough from the trailers I've seen, but trailers can be very deceiving.
    Then again, isn't it the "cool" thing to hate everything that's been hyped up lately?

20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yuck! Reading some of the reviews of what's in there, looks like they eviscerated the character of Superman. :oops:

I know which summer movie I'm not going to see....

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    R.I.P Jason Leffler. I was the track when Leffler won the Kroger 200 back in 2007 and have seen him race in a few other events. He was killed in a crash at the Bridgeport Speedway yesterday. :(

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If I based which films to see on the input of opinionated, subjective-taste influenced critics, I would never have watched the Empire Strikes Back. I think I will try something revolutionary... forming my own opinion on whether I like something or not.

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, this fanfic I've been working on is actually coming along nicely.
    Hope that in a day or two I'll be able to expose you to it :D

24. MinisterPuma

MinisterPuma Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Evil Elf where in the twin cities are you located?

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't believe it. I'm a hardcore Superman fan, and I've talked to some of the guys at Supermanhomepage who've seen it. They said the acting is superb, the action is amazing, and that it's very emotional. Their only complaints were that the pacing was a little weird and that Jonathan Kent was a little different from the comic interpretation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.