main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi all.

My aunt died this afternoon.

**** cancer.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I've been there. I know the feeling. **** cancer!

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    She's the one you mentioned before, right AF? Thoughts are with you and your family.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww...I'm so sorry! :(

Cancer definitely does suck.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Tracy.

@};-

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks all. And Todd, yes, same one.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wow... so sorry to hear that, anakinfansince1983 . It was so recent that you mentioned it... that was so quick.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks. She was diagnosed a month ago today; from what I've learned since then from my cousins, she had symptoms for at least a couple of months before going to the doctor and getting checked. :(

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So sad. It was similarly quick for my father-in-law.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, Tracy, that's awful. Get your mind off of it for a bit by continuing your DW marathon. That way I can watch from out here.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks everyone.

And Myke, DW is definitely in the works this evening.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, I've had a Star Wars dream for the last two nights. I think I might have a problem. :)

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Has anyone read the Emperor books by Conn Iggulden? They're wildly inaccurate in terms of actual history but they are fun reads despite that. I picked up the lastest book when I went to pick up my copy of Legacy yesterday and so far it's pretty good.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Hadn't heard of them until I read that post.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They chronicle the life of Julius Caesar except for the last one which is about Augustus. They're mostly action-adventure stories and they play a little loose with the actual historical facts but like I said they are fun to read.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I've got a friend coming into town next week, and one of his hobbies is reading up all facets of Roman history... I'll ask him if he's heard of this series/has any of the books.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Philadelphia is back to having more rain than an Amazon rain forest today. Our "tenants" have decided that flying around outside is not on their docket, so they have decided to make it a Blockbuster night. Glad I have band practice tonight. Good luck, girls!

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! I don't blame them...the way it's raining. And of course, we're back in a flood advisory... [face_frustrated]

They also postponed the baseball game for tonight, so now I have nothing to watch...

...well, until Breaking Bad comes on at midnight.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

At least you don't have to worry about flying sharks.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I don't know whether to Laugh or Cry...

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So my little sister Sam apparantly has a HUGE obsession with Padme (but apparantly her only reason for liking her is cause she's pretty) and even wants to go send a letter to Natalie Portman. Its kinda cute. Also should I be concerned with the fact that she said she is jealous of Jabba cause he gets to hold chained up bikini Leia? I mean she's 6

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My 6-year-old son's only obsession is Minecraft but he's a boy; the 6-year-old girls I work with are often fascinated with pretty girls and want to check out "princess books".

As far as that "news" cast...as un-PC as it is, I laughed. But I'm going to hell anyway and laughing is easier than crying.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.