main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well I'm back in the hospital for something else and the doctor said what I possibly have has no cure. Now I'm legit freaking out and crying cause I'm scared. Thank God the royal baby news keeps me happy. If that kid is not named Joffrey or Arthur I'm gunna be dissapointed.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn, girl. Get a second opinion. Not diverticulitis is it? And [:D]. Hope someone is able to find you a solution.

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Changed for U.S. relavence

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Are you freaking kidding me?! I'm still too excited to sit down!!!! :)

eht13, Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You could always cosplay with the overweight Jedi and have your mom drop off Taco Bell.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm in costume

[​IMG]

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know. I saw you in the video:

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Damn. :( However, don't forget about all the support that you have here.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Thanks. I'm having some surgery like thing tomorrow. I am just looking forward to the drugs they give me because Apparantly it makes you a bit crazy. Dear god I wonder what I'm going to say. :D

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If it's like the exploratory surgery I had ten years ago, that part isn't bad.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Had that conversation with my brother earlier this afternoon. :p The Lucy in question is our pet chihuahua... a short hair chihuahua.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I have decided today that I want to pursue a career as a junior high or high school teacher. Tired of wasting my brain in a mundane administrative gig.

Know I need to get certified, my BA is in History/Poli Sci, which is what I'd like to teach. Any teachers on the boards who could give advice?

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You'll probably say things like "Palpatine and Vader should be brought back as the villains of Ep. 7", or "Mara Jade and Ahsoka Tano are the best Star Wars characters ever" or "Luke should fall to the darkside in Ep. 7" or " The villains of the ST should use the lightside of the force". You know, crazy stuff. ;)

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I'm a teacher. Happy to give advice, answer questions.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey thanks. What do you teach?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm a school librarian and I was a classroom teacher for 12 years. You're in South Carolina, right? Check with your local district; it's possible you can go into the classroom just by passing the Praxis.

18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    7th Grade Social Studies.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

Indeed I am- good memory! :p

I'll check that out, I have a buddy who recommended an internship, but with a full time gig at MUSC currently, I can't see myself interning without having a job lined up. Praxis sounds much better, and much more feasible.

lmmortiss, how do you like teaching that age? I'd say that junior high would be my preference at the moment, at least to start out with.

20. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    They're great at that age, 6th and 7th that is. I highly recommend these grades. I've been in the High School, too, and that has its merits.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've worked with all 12 grade levels. I'm currently in an elementary school and the advantage there is that they haven't developed the hormones and attitudes yet, with some exceptions of course, especially among 5th graders.

But I thoroughly enjoyed teaching middle and high school French and Spanish.

Immortiss likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I've always wanted to coach as well, so I may look to high school eventually, but some of the best summers I remember were as a camp counselor, and I worked with kids in the junior high range. Great age, I think.

Hopefully I'll have some more questions as I move forward over the next few months- thanks again!

Immortiss likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If you want to coach, you may have principals fighting over you. Often they have to beg or force teachers to coach.

Immortiss likes this.
  24. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Get well soon, DarthClaire!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.