main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's rumors flying that Kathleen will announce something on Saturday. Most likely the return of the big 3.

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Wait - that's still not official? :eek:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I know, right. :p Thankfully there are other things that could be announced or shown. Doug Chiang and Ian McCaig are in attendence and that could mean we might get a glimpse of the work they're doing on Episode VII. [face_praying]

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't let them fool you! They're out there, and they strike when you least expect it! :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm not getting my hopes up. Last time I got hopeful for major SW news on a particular day well...we all know how that ended *mass disappointment*

6. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, Celebration starts tommorow, so any announcements will probably be at either the opening ceremonies or the closing ones on Sunday. I don't expect much news, though - all of the new SW content is pretty early in development, so there isn't much to show. A title would be nice, as would actors.

But, hey - they showed a trailer for Battlefront 3 at E3, before they even really started working on the game! As such, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'teaser' for VII, much like the 'Under Construction' trailer for ST09.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Have you seen this yet Claire? http://roqoodepot.com/2013/07/23/ceii-rumors/

Chewgumma likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know about anyone else but I would really love some concrete info on the spin-offs. What characters they're focusing on, what eras, who's directing. Give us something. We literally know nothing other than they're being made and Kasdan and Kinberg are writing the first two.

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

[​IMG]

It's happening!!!

10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ok so a guy on twitter said there might be some news. I'm part of the CBM community and let me tell you...dont believe every single twitter person who claims that they know when announcements are going to be said. Anywho, IF there is a casting announcement I bet its just the old "OT3 are returning". Yes we'll be happy but still...nothing anything shocking or unexpected. I highly doubt they'll be annoucing any new cast members this early.

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I think it's this guy's credentials that makes his tweets a little more trustworthy than rumor mill fodder. That being said the main reason I'm taking this guy's word for it is because it backs up my pre-existing hunch. I do not believe they would have KK, essentially the person in charge of the purse strings, attend a fan convention without some ulterior motive. It's such a bizarre choice of guest for an hour long panel without using that time to hype up the audience with something major.

But you're still right, it's far from an official confirmation and I'm trying to keep my expectations in line.

12. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Wouldn't it be funny if they announce that George Lucas already filmed the entire ST back in '85.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Customary pic for George Lucas conspiracy theories.
    [​IMG]

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd imagine he had that same look when he created Jar Jar.

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well my first day on the new treatment is almost over. I'm very thankful for all the support I've gotten from my family, friends, neighbors, online friends and suprisingly my cat *who has been following me ever since I got back, and sleeping in my bed non-stop lately. Its kinda cute how she holds my hand with her paw now. I guess cats know when something is wrong with their owners since she didn't do that before*. Yeah so the meds they gave me are like CRAZY. They kinda make me depressed and tired but hey...its helping me get better.

ANYWHO...here's hoping we get some official news soon *seeing as though that Gosling rumor got debunked so I'm assuming that means the Efron rumor is also fake*. Shame..both are soo gorgeous. ;)

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I wanted that Gosling rumor to be true as well... I also figure that were due an N'SYNC style rumor controversy at some point during the ST.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm making my mental list of hotties that I wouldn't mind seeing in the ST and I'll post it later, maybe tomorrow.

Dead character seances are taking over the forum again.

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, with me winning them all against myself:)

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Congratulations on your wins, and my condolences on your losses. :p

Joe Antonetti and Immortiss like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, he might be trustworthy, but seriously? "Kathryn Kennedy"? o_O

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You know what's going to suck? If the announcement does come tomorrow during the KK panel, the folks here in the States will still be sleeping - unless you're on the east coast and you get up at the crack of dawn.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, for once, living in Europe gives me an advantage ;)

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    CT-867-5309

Man, I thought your thread about Big Trouble in Little China was brilliant, maybe that's why it got locked. We need our creativity and humor to go different places, specially in this time with no relevant news or information. This is the first time I see moderators make a fun place so sterile and categorized.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be constructive and I do appreciate the effort put into this little corner of Star Wars cyber fandom. I do have a lot of fun.

I strongly suggest, with the best of intentions, that moderators let users have more fun and make them part of the content generated here.

Personally, I've had a couple of ideas of threads that could incentive creative thought but I've been discouraged because from what I've gathered from the mods' behavior, these threads would probably be unjustly merged with an existing thread about a more general subject.

Again, I don't want to sound whiny, I really really say this with good intentions.

Cheers,

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol

It got locked because I locked it upon opening. I didn't allow anyone to respond, because it was perfect as is.

When you open a thread, there's this little box next to "Set Thread Status" marked "Open". Underneath it is "People may reply to this thread". It is checked by default to allow people to respond, but if you un-check it it automatically locks the thread on creation. The option is included so mods can make one post sticky threads, like indexes, rules, etc that don't require responses. I un-checked it because I thought it was funnier that way.

Mods didn't have anything to do with it.

eht13 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So...the Big Trouble in Little China Blu-Ray is worth the five-dollar price tag at Target?

I've never seen that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.