main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

Don't get me wrong; there's many a days that I hate my job. :p. However, whenever I'm upset, I just remember to spend my break staring at dolphins or jellyfish or our loads of fishes and remind myself that working here isn't all that bad. :D

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That's really a great idea Sonja. Though so far my family has done fine with splitting up the holidays. Best thing is I don't have to have everyone at my house! :D :D

Rachel, I think watching the dolphins/fish/jellyfish would just put me in a good mood and make me appreciate my job even more than the one I have now. lol

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    'Ello! :D

You work at Sea World, Miana? :eek: That's awesome!!! Must be relaxing being able to stare at all those fish tanks.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hello there, Jaina!

Miana Kenobi: Naturally you have those kind of days, but at least you have a positive out there to forget about a bad day.

PrincessKenobi: It's good to hear of that, because my family could use a bit of drama fixing (and I certainly don't begrudge someone in enjoying the holidays), but I would much rather not dive into all of that at the present moment (too much personal pain). However, there are a few things about Christmas I still like: NBA games!, the Christmas Eve get together with family friends on Christmas Eve, the 'Feliz Navidad' song, and this:

[​IMG]

It's one of my favorite buildings out here, and for years I would implore my parents (on the way to & from going to meet up with our family friends) to "please take the 101!" so I could see it from the side of the freeway... if traffic conditions allowed for it, they did indulge me.
    :p

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That is a cool idea.

Having Christmas at someone's house was never an issue; I'm the only one in my family who missed the Martha Stewart gene refuses to do it; my Mom loves to entertain so it's usually there, unless my brother or sister decide they would rather host than leave their houses. Ditto with Thanksgiving. A lot of the drama is around timing, finding a day that we can all celebrate at the same time (usually not Christmas Day) and then my Mom usually complains at least once that we all live too far apart even though we're in the same state.

And the group photo. Oh, the group photo.

Speaking of bringing a dish, I've got to find out if I'm bringing pumpkin pie or booze for Thanksgiving. I only know how to cook about five things and they're all in a Crock Pot, but I can bake like Betty Crocker and I can buy wine even better.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Bring the booze. :p

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Since I'm a lazy-ass and baking also involves cleaning bowls and spoons, I probably will be bringing the booze. :p

8. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    So...near-beer?

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Whatever the nearest Trader Joe's crew member recommends when I ask for "good wine that won't break the bank." :p

10. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Near-wine...grape juice.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Work day is over.Football time.

Trader Joe's is the one that sells 2 buck chuck right? It isn't very good in my opinion.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, no, definitely the real stuff. We're Southern, not Baptist. :p

Rox, yes, and IMO the white wine is decent but the red wine tastes like gasoline.

They also sell Blue Fin and Green Fin, which make good pinot noir for a not much higher price.

thesevegetables likes this.
  13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll keep that in mind. I've only had the merlot. I had one glass and didn't bother finishing the bottle. That's saying a lot for me too. I'm cheap like Scrooge McDuck.

14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Ah here we go again. People talking about alcohol. :p or is wine just fermented grape juice...? :confused: Same thing?

Did someone say Christmas? WHEE! Favorite holiday! But...when the decorations go up two days after Halloween...that's a bit much. Our family always waits until the day after Thanksgiving to even think about putting up our decorations...lately we've been waiting until the first of December.

15. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm drinking Charles Shaw pinot grigio now.

Seriously, Rox, try the white. Or get any of the bottles of red that they sell for less than $10, other than the Charles Shaw; there are some good ones. (I'm cheap too).

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Gin (straight up) & wine are the only two alcohol's in which I refuse to drink. Anything else, however... :D

18. Darth Myon

Darth Myon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    Sneaking in the back thanks to employees I know. So First in the Theater!!!

thesevegetables likes this.
  19. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    People of Walmart is down! Dang.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What are you seeing?

21. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000
    I never thought I'd be posting in these forums again. It's good to be back.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  22. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Morning guys!

So.... Poking my head back in. Been busy. Neglecting all of you. I'll do better.

But first, I'm going to work. Ya'll have fun.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Greetings & salutations GIL!

24. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Hello GIL. I believe in miracles. the Patriots defense made a stop at the end of a game to win.=D=

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm curious (and too lazy to look it up), but how close is Foxborough to Boston?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.