Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by PrincessKenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Wow just finished the busiest 3 days I have ever experienced in my 6 years of employment with Cinemark. Twilight and Lincoln were big and Skyfall didn't disappoint again. Thanksgiving is going to be huge for the movies if this pace keeps up. On a side note my company bought Rave theaters for 240 million bucks. I'm ready for beers and foodz.
  2. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    The theater was packed when I went. And Lando_Rocks, you definitely need to see it, it's all political thriller.
  3. LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost

star 4
    It isn't out yet in Australia, I think for some stupid reason it's not out till December here.

So annoying, sometimes we get a film the day before the US, sometimes it's a month or more later.
  4. adraco4 Jedi Padawan

I saw the Star Wars movies in a weird order. I was a kid when the Special Editions were first released to theaters. My dad had seen all the originals, and wanted to take me and my sisters to see them in theaters. We had not seen any of them. Unfortunately A New Hope had already finished its run, and rather then renting that one and then taking us to see Empire Strikes Back, my dad just took us to the movie theater. So I started with Episode V. To this day I still remember sitting in that theater not really understanding everything that was going on... but enjoying every minute of it anyway.

I've really been looking forward to this movie. I'm a big history buff. I'm going to try to go see it tomorrow.
  5. TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It doesn't come out in the Uk till 25th January!
  6. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    so they would rather see something which makes no sense compared to quality entertainment?

Its going to take a month or two for the movie to get out here in Aus.

I have to wait until next week, maybe week after to see Skyfall.:mad:
    Last edited by Darth_Kiryan, Nov 18, 2012
  7. GarithTannis Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Skyfall was fantastic. I know it's probably sacrilege, but I really prefer Daniel Craig's Bond flicks.

And I always grappled with whether to show people Star Wars 4-6/1-3 or just put them in order... And in the end I just go by Lucas' intentions. And in the case of my co-worker, it worked out. Watching his reactions was fascinating. And there was a moment where he looks over at his big nerd friend and goes "Okay, dude. I get it now. I see why you are so up on these movies." Sharing my culture, man. lol
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  9. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Good morning, everyone!

Lincoln sounds like a great movie. Always been a big admirer of his, and the 1800s is one of my favorite periods of American history. Plus Speilberg directed and Williams did the music, so it'd better be good!

Two days until Utah...exactly 48 hours from now we should be on the road. After one more load of laundry is done, we can finish packing. [face_dancing]
  10. Jeff Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Gonna be the same for me, and my first Star Wars in America, wish me luck!
  11. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I'm rather bummed. When I got off work yesterday I texted my roommates asking if they wanted to go see Lincoln. I get a reply back of "We just finished seeing it." Now I don't have people to go with. :(
  12. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    That sucks, Miana. :(. I'd go see it with you if I lived nearby, just because it's worth seeing twice.

I was perusing Facebook and can't stop laughing. There's a video out there called "**** Southern women say. I could add a lot to it but it hit very close to home. There's a reason I love Steel Magnolias. "I used to have a radio but I smashed it against the wall when I couldn't figure out where the batteries went. I found out later I was suffering from pre-menstrual syndrome."
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    That's unfortunate, Rachel... but midnight at Grauman's for The Hobbit will be here soon! :D
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Since the Steelers play tonight I think I'm gonna sneak out and go see Lincoln. It looks tremendous. It's either that or sit on the sofa all day and drink beer until game time. Heck I might even do both.
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Anyone else here not bemoaning the possible extinction of the Twinkie?
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I was watching auctions on ebay end last night for like 100 dollars for two boxes of Twinkies. Its pretty crazy. Someone will eventually buy the brand and start making em again but they won't be Hostess I guess.
  17. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Was that Buck Rogers' sidekick? I say go for it. Extinction that ******.
  18. LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost

star 4
    Ever since Ghostbusters mentioned Twinkies I've always wanted to try one, now it seems I won't get the chance....boo!
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm pretty sure I've never tried one and I definitely have no interest. Anything with a shelf life of 60 years should not be labelled "food".

And yeah, who the hell is paying $400 for a couple of boxes?
  20. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I've enjoyed my share of twinkies & cupcakes back in the day, but I'm not sad to see them go. There's so much other sweet/junk food out there anyway.
  21. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Good riddance, I say! Twinkies and other Hostess foods are disgusting. [face_bleh]
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Hi guys, lots of familiar faces here from the 3SA days. I never thought we'd have that time all over again. How is everyone?
    My last day of classes is today, after that I have free time two days a week when I'm not working.

Tunick, you find something after leaving Wally World?
  23. LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep it's nice to see the old faces again!

I took the day off today, Mondays suck plus well I need a day off goddamn it!
  24. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm still there, Katana.
  25. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Still there? I thought they were getting rid of you? What happened?

Obi-Zahn Kenobi has blocked me on Facebook, and we were going to meet when he gets to Sydney next month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.