main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Sunday it maybe, happy it's not (at least until I get off of work at 4pm.). :p

Good morning!

2. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good morning everyone! :) Going to be busy the next few weeks. My parents' wedding anniversary is in a little over two weeks and I still need to finish the musical slideshow for them. Also there's cards to make, cookies to bake, and now a tree to decorate in addition to the writing of a FanFiction, a novel, and a screenplay, the latter of which must be done by the end of the year. OY! [face_nail_biting]

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah I need to finish my shopping.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I have yet to start/am not looking forward to do my Christmas shopping.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Morning everyone!

I haven't started shopping yet either... I'm thinking of making things because I have no idea what to get anyone. I get really anxious about giving gifts (stupid, I know) because you always hear so much about people getting things they don't like/need etc. and I can't stop thinking that sometimes. 8-}

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I usually flat-out ask people what they want. Last year my oldest son said he wanted a "bey blade"--I had to ask the toy department employee in Target what the hell that was. He was cool about it, showed me the bey blades and accessories.

I haven't shopped this year either but I'm almost always last minute. Less time to have to threaten my kids with coal if they trespass upon my walk-in closet hide the gifts.

For my parents, my siblings and I usually pool together and get them a Visa gift card so they can go out for a fancy dinner or overnight somewhere. That's easy and it's worked pretty well.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    My shopping is done. My wife is a beast when it comes to Christmas shopping. The only thing I need to do is pick a bike up from lay a way at Toys R Us on the 14th. But we are trying to keep the bike out of the house for as long as we can so my son doesn't see it. I'll probably take it and keep it in my office at work until Christmas eve comes around.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well we found a store called Five Below. It's like an upscale dollar store/deals. We did most of our shopping there.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We did a lot of shopping online this year. We got some really good deals on lego's and we got a new controller for the PS3 on the cheap.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Aside from the Secret Santa program my family likes to do, I almost always end up giving my brother/father/mother $$$$ for Christmas. They like it. :p

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Sloooooooooooow Sunday.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, I woke up at noon, had breakfast at 1, and realized at 2 that there were only three hours left of daylight. LLLLAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYY. :cool:

Granted, I have a lot of work to do for the week, what with finals approaching, so it's gonna be a long night.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm still at work.

:(

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, today's the last day for a while that I can really relax. I have so much school work and job (hunt) work coming up that I'm trying to milk this weekend for all it's worth.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Naturally, much luck on that job search.

Just got off of work! Now to kill sometime before the Laker game starts.
    :D

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks. Pats did good today. I didn't watch it, but I hear Welker had a great play or two.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    And they clinched the East yet again... as much as I'm predisposed to loathe Boston sports, you have to respect the job Belichick/Kraft/Brady have done in the 2000's.

Lakers enter the 2nd half tied 52-52 to a crappy Orlando team. Booooooooooooooo.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just spent 2.5 hours on Econ homework. Yikes. At least it looks good. Hope everyone is having a pleasant evening.
    23 more days until Christmas!

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it was pleasant when I was working on Ring Theory, got incredibly unpleasant when I graded my students' latest round of quizzes, and is back to being pleasant now that I've got Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid on the tube. So... net pleasant, I suppose. :p

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  21. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    It's morning...

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    And you hate them. :p

SamiS likes this.
  23. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, good morning. I hope it's a morning you can hate less than other mornings.

25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Mornings aren't bad. ;) I've been looking for work for two years without success (tried every single trick in the book and been to every single job fair, job placement place, and place that had a 'help wanted' sign accesible via local bus) and despite being constantly jealous of those who do have steady jobs, I still like mornings.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.