main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get in line - A Social Countdown to Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The Fender Stratocaster, the Gibson Les Paul, the bass guitar, and even the Gibson Explorer and Flying V were invented in the 50s.

The Explorer and Flying V were discontinued shortly afterward because they were too far ahead of their time back in 1958, but were reissued in 1976 and 1967 (to give you an idea of how far ahead of their time, both guitars became popular hard rock and heavy metal guitarists of the 70s and 80s due to their aggressive appearance; the Explorer's most famous user is James Hetfield of Metallica, while the Flying V was used by bands such as the aforementioned James Hetfield and his bandmate Kirk Hammett, Rudolf Schenker of Scorpions, Michael Schenker of UFO, and KK Downing of Judas Priest).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Mass Effect Andromeda: Don't believe the early bad press! This is a VERY GOOD GAME! I've played about 23hrs of it so far (probably only 1/3 of the way through the game) - Yes some minor animation issues, but nothing that is too jarring. Mass Effect has always been about story, characters and action - it hits all the marks in all 3! It's a fricking blast! It's also HUGE! The environments are absolutely stunning! The action is FAST, you are so mobile in this game it's crazy! Yes, you can still play it as a cover shooter if you so choose, but you don't have to at all. I find myself always on the move, the jump-jet is a great addition! Nothing like cloaking, jumping out of cover, hovering to target your enemy then laying a biotic charge on them! If they somehow survive, finish them off either with a flame thrower or my shotgun!

I repeat, Andromeda is a VERY GOOD GAME! If you like Mass Effect, this is a very worth while addition to the series!

Here are my Ryder twins I created... when you create your characters you can upload them to The Mass Effect Archives

Scott Ryder
    Sara Ryder

Buddha Fett and Luke02 like this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    EviL_eLF

Absolutely love Mass Effect and would love to play it as your the second person whose told me it's great. But three kids now + wife + work + life = video games have been officially sacrificed. I will play with my boys some but considering they are 7 it's mainly Wii sports games (I want them to play active games) and stuff like that. Other then games I can play on my I-Pad like Telltale Games, my video game days are like R2D2 in TFA. :(

Good to hear you like it though. Again I am a big Mass Effect fan. Had it not been for Star Wars coming back, I would love to seen them turn it into a movie even though video games never work as a movie LOL!

4. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH A REHEARSAL DINNER TONIGHT INSTEAD OF WATCHING THE TOURNEY. I CANNOT HANDLE THIS.

5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Make a beat line for the bar every time you can is my suggestion unless there are some members of the bridal party that are worth getting to know assuming you are single. :D

Last day before break for me at school....kids are checked out. I am check out. Thank goodness for movies and "paper days" LOL! As it is though about 25-30% of our school is absent today so really to do any type of lesson plan would be silly. My first two classes over 25% of the class was absent so really not going to go over any new material today.

6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    (1) I AM MARRIED :-(
    (2) THIS PLACE IS A "VENUE" WITH NO BAR AREA.
    (3) I MUST SHOW MY RAGE WITH SHOUTING CAPITALS.

What grade do you teach? Any plans for SB? About every other year I get fed up with "the law" and threaten to scratch the "teaching itch" (everyone in my family is involved in education in some shape/form).

Darth Smurf likes this.
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Luke'sSeveredHand

1. Understood. We are hitting double digits this October.
    2. That is sacrilegious and automatically should give you a Hall Pass to leave it early and find the closest TV. :D

I teach high school social studies. Juniors and mostly seniors so they are overall mature but just not motivated (particularly this time of the year) so the challenge every year is to get creative in order to get work out of them so it looks like they are learning something LOL JK!

No plans for SB. I help coach LaCrosse (along with Football during the fall) and we have two practices and 1 game schedule (we had another game schedule but that got cancelled already) over break but I think both games are going to get wash away which is just fine with me since well 3 out of my 4 best players are gone for SB to go along with one of my better subs so we really don't feel like going to play two games and get our butts handed to us due to missing our top players. Other then that it's hopefully catching up on sleep, taking the kids to their practices and stuff, running errands, maybe a spring cleaning next Saturday and finding maybe a couple hours to myself. Oh and meeting some friends for lunch a few days which means I will be gaining weight this spring break as usual.

Depending on which subject you want to teach, it might be a good itch to scratch. I am a firm believer we need more teachers who do this as a second career to bring more life experience to the classroom though to be fair, this is a second career for me so I am biased LOL! I do warn again about what subject you teach since due to budget cuts and/or volume of teachers available, some subjects like Math, Special Ed (and to a lesser extent Science) are always looking for teachers. Others like Social Studies, Gym and English there are regrettably a ton of great teachers without full time jobs.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The Bears signed Mark Sanchez. If it weren't so funny, I cry. :(

Nanaki likes this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Celebration Orlando 2017 Art Pics! Part 4

New pics of Celebration Orlando 2017 Art prints and more! Rebelscum passes. Art featuring the Prequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy, TFA, Rogue One, TCW and Rebels! Celebration is April 13-16.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Can you watch it on your phone? :D

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I assume you're not paying for the meal? If I'm right, what's the complaint?! :p

12. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    not going to lie, whilst BvS was depression-inducing garbage, those little character teasers for JL have got me hyped. Flash looks like he might be the "lighter" character of the movie but i really hope they bring some levity to all the characters. I can't watch another 2:30 soul crushing hours where everyone looks like they are on the verge of popping zoloft.

Luke'sSeveredHand and GregMcP like this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What's your phone data plan like? A little bit of streaming with the phone on your lap under the table..

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    bought a Nintendo Classic console on Amazon brand new for $13.00 and change!!!!!!!
    it runs off an HDMI Wire so HD !!! cant wait to play it with my nephew!

GregMcP likes this.
  15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There was once a time when Ozzy Osbourne could more or less walk and talk at the same time... and Heavy Metal happened. This from 1970:

Luke'sSeveredHand, Nanaki and EHT like this.
  16. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    As a Vikings season ticket holder... all I have to say is...

[​IMG]

Luke'sSeveredHand, Luke02 and Nanaki like this.
  17. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    i'm assuming the JL trailer is coming in the next few hours as it was Warner bro's UK YT account saying "Saturday"

18. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
  19. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I assume that there will be a trailer soon.

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Dying over here![face_dancing][face_hypnotized]

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ugh. That looks terrible.

EHT, CairnsTony, Gigoran Monk and 2 others like this.
  22. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Now I know that I definitely will not watch Justice League. I can already see from that trailer that WB and DC haven't learned anything. That's just another colourless explosion spectacle. Honestly, WB should outright reboot the DC Cinematic Universe and start from scratch again with more talented directors.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    It looks like they are trying to make a Marvel movie....in 1996.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A weird pale grey-blue world. My Theory. This is a version of the Matrix where the human batteries are kept under control by letting them pretend to be cartoon characters.

The movie? Well, eh, the last two DC movies did nothing for me. They need another Nolan. Someone whose objective is just to make a good, smart, movie. Not kickstart a franchise.

Nanaki likes this.
  25. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It looks like a Zack Snyder movie, which is not surprising. But it seems to have a lighter touch than BvS.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.