main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get in line - A Social Countdown to Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    looks interesting ill definitely have to check it out!

Buddha Fett likes this.
  2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    One of the best documentaries I've seen in a long time.

Buddha Fett likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Anyone ever take some frozen chicken breasts, a bunch of salsa and taco seasoning, toss it all into a crock pot and cook it? Mannnnn, it's good grub.

4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    And it is snowing again here. I hate this years April. :_|

5. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Here, in the lovely Seattle/Tacoma area, we average somewhere around 40"-44" of rain a year. We've had that in the last 6 months...

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    We never get snow here, but it has suddenly gotten a lot colder at night in the last few days. Still warm during the day though.

I had to deal with snow on two of my last three trips back home (the UK) but this is as nothing with what I am likely to encounter in Japan next February. I will likely be in Aomori and Sapporo at different points in the trip: the two snowiest cities on the planet!

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I know and what a terrible change from around 34° in California to cold temperatures in Germany. :(

Ridley Solo and Darth_Voider like this.
  8. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

TheBBP and Darth Smurf like this.
  9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

You should move to where I live then. If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes...it will change. It's been beautiful so far this week. Seventies and sunny. The weekend? 40's and rain just in time for my daughter's first birthday party. Luckily I won out on where we were having it (our house) as my wife wanted it outside at a park. I keep telling her you can never plan on doing anything outside here given how crazy the weather is but she keeps trying. Heck even when you plan inside it's a pain. We are all taking the day off and taking the kids to the Shedd and even that will be a pain with nothing but rain and cold in the forecast. We have to stand in line for our tickets (need to show our school ID's to get in for free) and while it should not be that crowded, field trips could mess up.

So Friday I give finals for two of my classes meaning once I grade it and assuming everything is turned in, those two classes are unofficially done. Literally no work or lesson plans. And the weather is going to be crappy so my kickball tournament seems like a no go therefore were stuck watching movies. I could go Star Wars for the first time ever since typically I have done HP marathons. But it be nice to do a Star Wars marathon especially since school ends before Memorial Day weekend unlike past years where it's spilled into June so perhaps that is a sign...Star Wars marathon! :cool:

10. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Where you live Luke02 ?

We've had some wacky weather in the Southeast recently....80 and Sunny to 50 and raining in 24 hours.

PymParticles likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Celebration Orlando 2017 Pics! Part 15

More pics from Celebration Orlando 2017! Black Series figs, Battlefront 2, Samurai Star Wars and more!

Luke'sSeveredHand and TheBBP like this.
  12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Luke'sSeveredHand

Chicago suburbs. Regrettably I never really left as I even went to college and my master's in-state LOL! I done some traveling. A bit abroad (Europe once, Japan & China once...Canada twice and Mexico Once) and been around the mainland of the US quite a bit but never lived outside of the state.

You asked about teaching a bit ago. One thing to keep in mind. You hear a lot of things in class and in the hallways that you just wouldn't as either you can cause a crapstorm if your not careful or you are like me and now have kids therefore you have thoughts about them doing/saying the same things. I have a female student talking to a friend about her blind date yesterday that I just wished I could erase from my memory. I seem to have the students trust which while I appreciate it, it also makes me hear stuff I just would rather not so I can live in oblivious mood. :D

13. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

I used to live in Roselle, Bartlett and finally St Charles over about a 15 year period. Got sick of the weather and moved down near Charlotte, NC.... NEVER GOING BACK. We had our firzt 80 degree day in february

14. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    So here's the Millennium Falcon flying over Coruscant... Let's hope this insane skyscraper planet makes an appearance in The Last Jedi!
    [​IMG]

(Actually the city in the picture is Dubai - the real-life Coruscant today! )

Sent from MillenniumFalcon.exe using Tapatalk

Darth Smurf likes this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, you'll be having lots of snow up there at that time of year. I've never been to Hokkaido, though... always been down closer to the Tokyo area (which is where I lived for a while and where I occasionally visit).

Indeed we have... that exactly sums up our recent weather.

Luke'sSeveredHand and CairnsTony like this.
  16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

I was just looking at that and I thought "Mannnn. I TOTALLY need to mid-life crisis." I could get earrings, bleach my goatee...

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I've had my mid-life crisis planned out for a while. I'm moving into a dilapidated castle on the Scottish highlands and raising sheep with a pack of sled dogs. They're all going to have the same name so they follow orders in unison. My companions will be the corncob pipe I've spent the past couple of years drying out in the sun and sporadically whittling (this is true), and a watermelon with a face carved into it named Walter Malone. After it rots, I'm going to carve another named Walter Malone the Second, followed by Walter Malone the Third, and so on. If I'm going to have a mid-life crisis, I'm going to do it right.

In the meantime, my friends all successfully shamed me into going out with them tonight despite the fact that I have my first final exam tomorrow at noon.

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    That sounds like a sweeeet plan. You could raise some of them Scottish long-haired cows too!

PymParticles likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, sled dogs or sheep dogs? Sled dogs wouldn't know what to do with sheep. But maybe that's part of what makes it a great plan.

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have no time for a midlife crisis.:(

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm going to train them to do both, but I predominately need them to pull my sled. It's how I plan to go into town every few months to pick up rations of salted fish and Scotch.

TheBBP likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Draft Day!!! I look forward to the inevitable crushing disappointment of my teams picks! Yippee! :p

EHT and TheBBP like this.
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm not sure Scotland gets enough snow to run a dogsled on, but these are the kinds of things about your plan that make me like it so much. :p

PymParticles and TheBBP like this.
  24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Which team?

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Titans.

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.