main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Tunes - Careful with the spoilers, yo!

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Man, I'd kill for some official news of some kind at this point. Being spoiler-free is real easy when there's stuff like teaser trailers and character names coming out every couple of weeks, but this has been some dry spell.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This. Is. So. True. The closer it gets, the harder it becomes.

Would it kill them to release some stills now? Or a poster maybe? Or, you know, the movie? :p

Force Smuggler and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I welcome the lack of spoilers creeping in my Facebook's news feed. That being said, I'd really like to have just a nibble of truth...Official Info of course!

On the waiting side, I've decided to watch some classic Sci-fi movies every Thursday night up until the release. Last night's movie was "Forbidden Planet," which I hadn't seen yet. Oh what a fantastic movie!

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That's a cool idea with the Sci-fi movies every Thursday.....and Frobidden Planet is a great movie, haven't watched that one in a long time, might have to dig that up and watch it soon!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  7. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Sci-Fi Thursdays. This is an idea I can endorse.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    TheYodaPagoda Instead of it being on Thursday, why not Sci-Fi Saturday or Sci-Fi Sunday?

:p

TheYodaPagoda and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, this is supposed to get me psyched up (like I really need to?) for The Force Awakens. The day is only in regards to the release date, which falls on a Friday, and signals the end of the waiting. The last six weeks will definitely include Episodes I-VI, with Jedi the night of the 17th.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sci-Fi Saturday or Sci-Fi Sunday work much better from an alliterative title perspective. :p

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll probably watch Episodes I-VI in the two days before the premiere. It will basically be a marathon of seven Star Wars movies, and no Ewok movies, Holidays Specials or animated features will have to be included for that to happen :p

12. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I've laid out a schedule that'll include The Holiday Special and the Clone Wars series from 2005. I found out last May 4th that I can't watch all the movies in one sitting anymore, and I figure since I waited for most of these movies to get into theaters, I can wait a week in between to see 'em!

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm going for one movie a month, that way I can start in May.

14. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I'm going in for surgery on Monday and will be totally immobile for about a week, so I'm thinking of plowing through The Clone Wars again.

Anyone have any other great book/movie/comic recommendations?

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No recommendations offhand, but good luck! And enjoy the down time... Elliott will enjoy hanging out with you, I think. :p

16. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    He always does (and vice versa). :)

I'm not terribly concerned - I had the same exact surgery back in November, just on the other foot, so I know what to expect. A lot of pain and a lot of not walking for a week.

EHT likes this.
  17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

You watching Rebels? I actually like it better than CW. There's probably only about a day's worth of viewing material, but it's worth it.

18. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I got about a thousand!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same here.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, yeah, we probably all do. Maybe we need more information so we can try to narrow down our recommendations some. :p

21. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Hah, yes, I was not specific at all. Oops!

Surgery went well, now I'm curled up on the couch where I'll be for the next few days until I can put weight on my foot again. On my agenda:
    • A first-time reading of The Thrawn Trilogy (I never read any EU, so this my first foray and likely a gateway drug)*
    • Binge-watching Parks and Recreation
    • Plowing through two Captain America graphic novels and the classic The Dark Knight Returns
    • Eagerly awaiting Wednesday's release of Star Wars #2 from Marvel
    • (Hopefully) Convincing my wife to play a few games of X-Wing Miniaures
    *And by "never read any EU," I mean Legends stuff - I've read both Tarkin and A New Dawn and plan to read everything that's released from the new canon.

Lando Swarm likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are speaking to my very soul.

Forbidden Planet is a monumental film. Are you sticking with the pillar classics, such as Day The Earth Stood Still and The Fly or are you planning to dig into stuff like The Crawling Eye and AstroZombies?

23. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm definitely sticking with the classics, such as War of the Worlds (not the 2005 abomination) and I'll also venture a bit outside of Sci-fi and revisit the sands of Lawrence of Arabia.

But Forbidden Planet, that movie was just so excellent. A product of its time, definitely, but the grand scope of the filming, the matte work, the special effects, it still holds up today. A masterpiece.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The matte work in that film is phenomenal. If you have access to either, I would go with Angry Red Planet and THEM!

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Hope your recovery continues to go well. I can't offer any input on any of that, except that I have watched and enjoyed Parks and Recreation. But the rest of that... I have no expertise. :p