main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Meh, I don't think so... it can make the experience a lot more fun & fulfilling.

I'm not.:p

2. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Hah!! [face_laugh] That's awesome...even full-screening it doesn't show you anything!

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    When I first saw that I was confused, then I was like, Marvel you are hilarious [face_laugh]

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Now that we know Harrison Ford is OK, I thought you guys would like these if you haven't yet seen them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Apparently it may not have been an accident[face_nail_biting]

Pensivia, TheYodaPagoda and Frank T. like this.
  5. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I guess I have to answer my own question. Unlike most of you guys probably, I'm more what you would consider the "casual mainstream star wars fan". As my profile pic kind of shows, people don't think I'm a nerd/geek, and neither do I.

Random thought, I think that the online geeky SW community sometimes forgets that they are in the minority among Star Wars fans, even though they may have the loudest, or even the only, online voice.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Most of my friends/family/coworkers all know I'm a SW fan, but I don't really think they view me as a geek/nerd. Partially because SW is really the only ostensibly nerdy/geeky thing I'm into, but also because I think SW fandom in and of itself doesn't necessarily equate to being a big nerd/geek in the first place (as Frank T. pointed out).

7. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    Hope Harrison's okay he's been getting hurt a lot lately.

8. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Scars are badass!

Forbidden Island likes this.
  9. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I still can't imagine myself sitting in a cinema watching this film. It just seems crazy to me. I'm a teenager, so for all of my life, I've seen the SW films at home on DVD and never thought they'd be making a sequel trilogy. I've never even experienced the hype of a new Star Wars film (except for ROTS, but I hardly even knew what that was at the time and can't remember anything). It's just started to hit me that it's actually happening. To be sitting in a theatre full of people and friends watching a brand new Star Wars film with Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher just seems so surreal. The most exciting thing (that I still can't wrap my brain around) is hearing that blast of John Williams with "Star Wars" fading into the background to roll the opening crawl.

I'm embarrassingly excited for this, and sadly, I don't have a clue how I will be able to wait until December. I may have to pull a Cartman on this...

10. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    We're in the same boat. The Phantom Menace is older than me, and I've never seen Star Wars in the theaters in my life! Can't wait.

Fruit Pastilles likes this.
  11. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Same here. 2000?

12. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    1999, grade 9. Episode I is older than me by a couple months.

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm 34, got to enjoy all the hype surrounding each of the prequels, and I still feel that way!

14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'm 27 - TPM was released right around my 12th birthday, so that was the perfect time to be caught up in the kid-like wonder of it all. For AOTC and ROTS, I was then old enough to be hanging around here (I used a different username then) for all of the excitement and build-up to those. Glad to be doing it all again!

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm 40. I was 3 when SW (ANH) came out in '77; I saw it in the theater in '78 when I was 4. My son is 8 and is a big SW fan, so we'll obviously be going to see TFA together. This will actually be his second time seeing SW in a theater, since we went to the 3D re-release of TPM. But this is obviously going to be a much bigger deal... I still can't quite believe it's later this year.

DarthWilliams likes this.
  16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I was a senior in high school when TPM came out (I totally ditched study group for exams to see it. Then I ditched again to watch it again.) Can I tell you, after waiting for years, the best part of a new Star Wars movie is the crawl. It makes it real that there's a new Star Wars.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I will be 29 when TFA is released. I was thirteen when TPM came out.
    Amazing that the feeling of excitement is the same now as it was sixteen years ago!

18. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Maybe more.:D

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I was a Junior in high school when Episode I came out....the amount of excitement I had then will be hard to ever top. One of my friends got me a ticket to the midnight showing and to my surprise, my mom allowed me to go even though it was a school night. She was usually very strict about that kind of thing but she loves the movies too and knew how excited I was for it. It was just a cool time too; we had only had the internet in our house for a little while and being able to discover all the fan sites and actually talk about and speculate with people online made the experience of waiting and then talking about the movie afterwards really special. This time around it's a little different but still very exciting, especially because I honestly never thought there would be another Star Wars movie made again.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I was 12, in the 7th grade, while Shaq & Kobe had yet to win anything for the Lakers. 16-years later*, I'm 28, currently unemployed, Shaq's been retired for 4-years & Kobe's career is near an end. The JC has almost been the constant during those years. :p

*But the Lakers have won 5 titles (3 with Shaq & Kobe) during that time!

21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I was between the the ages of 10-17 as The Bulls won 6 championships. :p Oh, wait, we're talking about SW.

(6 w/Michael and Scottie)

Darkslayer and Darth Tunes like this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I remember a friend of mine wearing his bandwagon Bulls hat to theater when we saw TPM on May 19th.

23. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Good taste but maybe a little late to the party.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I never saw him wear that hat again. :p

25. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Bulls/Blackhawks/Sox is not a fashion statement when I wear it.

Darth Tunes likes this.