main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    So is JJ gonna make a PG or PG-13 film? Has he ever done anything for kids?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I hope it's PG-13... it has worked before for Star Wars, it can work again.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  3. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    ::chanting:: pg 13 pg 13 pg 13

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Ideally I'd love to see an R-rated Star Wars film, but that will unfortunately never happen.

5. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    That seems like a silly idea to me. Much of the good about the OT is that it is family friendly. If you want a movie with mature language and stuff then it's better to have an mature story. That's not Star Wars.

I want pg. I want to take the kids.

6. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    You can still take the kids to pg 13! Also episode 3 was pretty heavy for kids

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We almost got an M-rated SW video game. With the prospect of spinoff films, I could almost, almost, see them doing a more mature one somewhere down the line.

8. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't wanna have to explain to a 7 yo where babies come from and why romeo and juliet killed themselves.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Well of course... but there's a part of me that would enjoy what an R-rated Star Wars film could do.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My 8-year-old has seen ROTS about 876395 times, the first time being when he was six. He's seen several other PG-13 movies as well, but it will be awhile before I let him watch anything rated R. I think I started watching R-rated movies when I was 11 or 12.

It depends on the kid and the movie as to whether you could take kids to a PG-13 movie. As far as Abrams, I'd rather see a movie rated PG-13 or R than see a dumbed-down movie with villains who get defeated easily by Elmo and Dora the Explorer and live happily ever after.

I could also see a more mature SW movie or TV show at some point.

Frank T. If my kid asked about Romeo and Juliet, I'd just say they killed themselves because they were stupid. As far as I'm concerned, that's the truth.

You did just remind me that the birds and bees talk is going to have to come sooner rather than later though. Oh hell.

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    So no sex, but offscreen murdering of a room full of children and on screen death of adults is ok? Choke outs, dismemberment, exploding starfighters...a Death Star FULL OF PEOPLE explodes... twice!

12. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    If I hadn't seen SW and Empire and Jedi before I hit puberty I would've never cared about it. Same with these comic book movies. If there's gonna be mature themes and stuff I want hard sci fi or no sci fi.

13. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    Exactly. You turned out ok so I'm sure your kids will too! ;)

Frank T. likes this.
  14. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_laugh] I get by.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm never having kids... I would consider it a disappointment & a personal failure if I did.

Frank T. likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want kids but not now. Someday

Poor Greedo likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't have kids until my mid-30s and I'm glad I waited that long.

Poor Greedo and Frank T. like this.
  18. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    Well now that I've met the girl I'll marry, the time will come soon! I'll be late 30s by the time we get started on children but my dad didn't start till 40 so no big!

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was stupid. I had my two girls when I was 19 and I wasn't even close to ready. I didn't even have a job at that point and wouldn't until about three months before they were born. Everything eventually turned out okay though and my fifth child is due in 11 days!

JainaSoloYJK, EHT and Poor Greedo like this.
  20. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I wouldn't mind another PG-13 "Star Wars" movie. But then again, a PG one wouldn't bother me either. As long as it wasn't a kiddie-fest like the second half of ROTJ.

It's funny, my mom was never really strict with movies and their ratings. An R movie would give her pause (but only sometimes, I saw "Stand By Me" in the theater, and I was--what? 8 or 9?). But I remember years ago, I worked at a video store. And we weren't allowed to put anything on the TV that was over a PG rating. Which is fine. So one day we put on "A New Hope". And this woman comes in with her son (he was like 7 or 8) and she was telling him "don't look at the screen. You're not allowed to watch this." And I remember thinking--what?? The first time I saw "Star Wars" I was five years old. And my dad couldn't *wait* to introduce it to me. I then watched it at least once a day for the next several months. Besides sparking a life-long obsession with these films, I think I turned out pretty okay. And any of my deficiencies certainly couldn't be attributed to watching a few storm troopers get shot down. I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't let my kid watch "American Psycho"or something like that, but "Star Wars"? The toys alone are worth letting your kid in on the fun.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    That's almost exactly what I want to see.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Ewoks > Gungans, at at least... I hope we could agree about that.

:p

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Giant tree village FTW!

24. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Jar Jar is my favorite part of TPM(an otherwise disappointing movie for me) but, yes, I do still prefer ewoks.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    :eek:

Now that's a rare opinion.