main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Toy Story trilogy is nearly as perfect of a set of films that you can find.

Force Smuggler and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Andy's mom is the world's greatest parent. Single mother of such a well mannered son. Need to learn her secrets.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Of course, had I directed Toy Story 3, things would have ended a bit differently. :p

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Do we want to know?

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The trash compactor scene would have ended the film. Sure, they're smart enough to know the new child they end up with will eventually outgrow them, and they can always go back to that preschool, but wouldn't there be an endpoint eventually?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't tell you how relieved I was after the toys were rescued from the furnace.

Yanksfan likes this.
  7. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't seen that yet[face_plain]

:p

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The scene dragged out too long for me. Most disaster scenes do. RL would not be so kind.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The final scene is perfect... with them all going to the girl's house, what Andy says to her, etc. To even suggest changing that ending is sacrilegious. :p

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Toy Story is awesome! :cool:

Hi, guys. Heck of a week out here...was attacked by a much larger dog while walking my Beagle on Thursday. We were just going along when all of a sudden this tank of a dog (unspayed and lactating, of course :mad:) comes running out of her yard acting too interested in my dog. I tell her to 'go home', and she doesn't listen. My Beagle starts getting nervous and trying to get away...which is when the other dog bit her. When my Beagle started yelping, that was it. I dropped down and starting trying everything to get the other dog off of my dog, screaming bloody murder the whole time. Finally the bigger dog lets go and I'm left trying to keep my petrified Beagle from running into the street and the bigger dog from getting at her again. Finally the owner comes out and drags the bigger dog away. Eventually I was able to go home and call Animal Control.

Thankfully, my dog didn't have a scratch on her and the only thing that the bigger dog did to me was scratch up my legs and drag me around in the dirt a little. To clarify, I'm not mad at the bigger dog. I'm mad at the irresponsible owners who should have gotten their dog spayed and kept her contained. :mad:

So how was everyone else's week?

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yikes, glad to hear that at least you and your dog were not hurt.

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Irresponisble pet owners are a huge frustration. I've had super friendly dogs run out of their yard to join me while running. Makes me nervous not because I am afraid of the dog, but because I am afraid the dog will stick with me for a mile or more get tired and end up lost :(

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I run on the greenway so I don't see many dogs that aren't leashed by their owners. There was a snake on the trail a few days ago though.

Glad your dog is OK, JainaSoloYJK .

My geriatric badass ninja cat used to get in fights. Came home with bites on his leg, tail and the back of his neck. Eventually it stopped; I'm not sure if it's because my cat did a Forrest Gump and stopped in the middle and said, "OK, I'm done, I'm going home now" or because the other cat just stopped showing up.

Frank T. likes this.
  14. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    There's a rumor that
    Andy's mom is Emily - the original owner of Jessie. There was a link that explained it in detail on Facebook. Pretty interesting, actually.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    For some reason I like Andy's mom being a complete unknown much better.

Been a while since I saw a snake while running. Too many bugs since we had so much rain for my taste right now. I know I ate more than a few little gnats this evening [face_sick]

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Pfffft. :p

JainaSoloYJK I had a so-so week... the job search continues to be frustrating, but other things in my life are going okay. Glad to hear that you & your dog survived that attack relatively unscathed!

EHT likes this.
  18. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    i thought andy playing with his toys at the end was weird but it was an ok movie

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Having basically grown up with Toy Story, I thought it was a fitting end. Maybe not the perfect one IMO, but a fitting one.

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Andy's mom is clearly Nanny from Muppet Babies. You can tell by the ankles.

21. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Runjedirun: Very interesting theory!

Definition of a good day:
    -Winning a free book after entering a trivia contest at a bookstore
    -Finishing and passing a class you hate
    -Having only one week of classes left
    -Finding out your local library has Wi-Fi after all. :cool:

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What book are you going to get?

23. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    I picked up what looked like a variation of Robin Hood; 'Hood' by Stephen R. Lawhead. It bore very little resemblance to the legends and ballads I love, but still a good book.

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day! DarthTunick; you might be interested to know I went to my first Dodger game on Memorial Day and had a surprisingly good time. My boyfriend thinks he can make a fan out of me, but we shall see. :p

Today is my last day of classes! AT LAST!!! [face_dancing] So far, so good. I actually got money back for one of my books.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  24. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Los Angeles sports all the way. Except hockey :p It was only recently that the Kings took a spot on my top teams, namely, December when I went to visit the city I used to live in. I miss L.A. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

It's a great hobby to pick up, and you're certainly starting off with the right team.

:D

JainaSoloYJK likes this.