main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015

I tend to go somewhere in-between middle and back. I think I lean more to the back. Whatever makes the screen seem not too close but also not too far.

2. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    Great point. I want the entire screen into my field of vision. You also gotta take into account who you're sitting next to. I remember when rewatching TPM back in 1999, I sat next to this girl....wouldn't let me watch it in silence. So clingy. I almost got kicked out because they assumed we were both talking. -_-
    let's also hope nobody brings a baby. It should be a crime to bring babies to theatres.

Gus X likes this.
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I prefer the middle to back for the theatre. :)

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My husband likes to be near the front. He bought our tickets so I'll be in the 4th row for my first viewing on Friday morning. Pancellor Chalpatine I am leaving my "baby" (he's two) at daycare I know he would not be welcome at a SW showing. I LOVE my kids, but I try to respect others and not bring them to adult movies. I have been to a movie where a baby cried until another patron had to ask the couple to take the baby out. It is rude, either find childcare or wait until another showing.

For my second viewing on Christmas Day when I take my 7 year old (the tickets are one of his presents) we are sitting in the very back, cause he likes it there, he thinks it's less scary :p

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    As a fellow movie goer, I thank you for this!

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Thank you for being considerate. Nothing wrong with kids going, but babies can't control themselves. A explosion will scar a baby and make the mother or father or both have to take the baby out and waste their own ticket.

Kids should know not to make noise, but they can be quite easily. I was when I saw the prequels, and adults need to be quite to. People who take phone calls in the middle of a movie......we need to bring back the death penalty.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Amateur - there's a Barnes and Noble right next door to the theater where I'm seeing it. It's open until 11:00, which means I can pick it up on the way out of the movie.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I took a walk around town last night. There were TFA poster on every other bus stop. Both the theatrical poster and the character posters. It was awesome to see a huge picture of Han Solo in the middle of the town :D

I'm hoping to get my hands on one or two - they are HUGE!

9. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Definitely staying off of YouTube after the premier tonight. I only visit this forum so hopefully there's nothing on TFN to worry about. For ROTS it seems the countdown thread was much more livelier. I wonder what the difference is in the number of folks that have signed up here and signed up for 3 NSA. Seemed like a lot more were in 3 NSA.

10. JP_Frost

JP_Frost Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    Perhaps there was more skepticism about this movie with regards to Disney taking over, a new director, some of the script troubles that we heard about. Maybe people wanted to make sure by gathering more information this time around. And once you're hooked, it's difficult to say no more.

It has made it harder for the semi-spoiled forum users, because if this board was more lively, it'd be easier to ignore the SA one.

Wally44 likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I think that's it for me on this forum before the premiere. I've had a blast slowly counting down the days with you guys, but tomorrow's the big day, and I'll turn off my Internet connection now.
    See you later, friends! :)

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I have so many friends who have just been avoiding the Internet since yesterday. As long as I navigate cautiously I think I'll be fine. Not spoiled yet :). getting excited for Friday!

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I'm steering clear of 7SA until Thursday. Hell I'll barely go on Facebook until then as well. :p

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  14. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Hear, hear.

I'm even fearful of news stands. The only surefire way of avoiding spoilers altogether is to lock the door, cover the windows, dump all accumulated SW toys on the floor and have at it *pew, pew*.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  15. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I was at McDonald's for lunch earlier, and they usually have a USA Today newspaper laying around. I picked it up and noticed (but certainly didn't READ) the review in the Entertainment section. It's pretty unavoidable, and inevitable now! Going to finish up my Original Trilogy viewing tonite, really can't wait for tomorrow night. [face_dancing]

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Friday morning seems so far away. And I have to wait until 11am on Friday. But I will make it. I have made it this long ;)

I really think that having no idea what to expect makes it more exciting.

17. Kajash

Kajash Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    22 hours and 51 minutes left. I will watch it with work friends and my brother and we'll have a few drinks beforehand in a good pub with great beer. Usually I drink a lot of water every day (4 liters or even more), but tomorrow I'll skip that.

18. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Yes, true on all points. People seemed a little more willing to be spoiled early on to see how things were going, but were never able to break the habit. There has been a lot of talk on SA over the last few months of people having a hard time stopping because NSA seemed quieter compared to the old days. What I've found funny is that a huge chunk of folks have stopped going to SA over the last few days...we had fun debating all the rumors and leaks, but didn't want to read actual spoilers from the premieres or international screenings.

19. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm Back! :D

Can't believe I made it away from here, 6 months or so. Was so worth being completely spoiler free (only saw the very first teaser trailer)

Made for a great viewing experience [face_dancing]

Now I'm watching all the trailers and other stuff!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  20. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Welcome back! I saw the 2nd teaser but not the 3rd and none of the TV spots. I wish that I could have avoided the 2nd trailer but the amount of screen shots from that would have been nearly impossible to avoid as I am in the I.T. field and am on the internet daily.

Seems as if you liked it. That is good. I have a little under 10 hours.

I was planning on finishing some Star Wars audio books but I decided against that. Instead, I am watching binging "The Blacklist". I figured if I engulf myself in that world, I will (at least temporarily) forget the things I have seen (mostly screen prints) and heard that may or not be true. Nonetheless, it is a non geeky world which should offer a nice contrast going into the movie.

Bonus. I have not seen the new Star Trek trailer so I am looking forward to that as well. :)

21. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

It should be a crime to bring babies, popcorn, candy, food of all kinds, children of all ages...that's about it. Oh and also feral people that only come out of the dark to go see movies at theaters. For some reason, we've noticed that such persons exist; it's like they have no idea how to behave in public lunging, scratching at themselves and whatever other random distracting things they do. Oh and also the chronic laugher - oh God, I just realized in a few hours we're going to see him again. He goes to almost every movie premiere first showing that we go to. He laughs at EVERYTHING indiscriminately regardless of humor present or not and every time is equal in hilarity. He's also always sitting near lady-who-repeats-every-line who we get to see later too. We used to presume that they were a couple, but we never see them talk to each other nor leave together, yet they're always by each other existing.

22. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Was that sarcasm at the beginning? it's hard to tell with txt. I mean I get the annoyance if people can't chew with their damn mouths closed but me for example I eat quietly. And some kids know to keep their mouths quite. hopefully your experience will be a pleasant one. We're so dang close!

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Well work sucked, and has for weeks, so this is great timing.

5.5 hrs to go

24. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Is there gonna be a new thread for Episode 8?

After seeing all the Dubrovnik leaks, I'm ready to tap out and come back here

25. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Oh so glad I skipped going into the 8 forum. Gonna try for as spoiler free as TFA (if possible)