main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was going to be spoiled for 8, but since I know little to nothing, might as well be in here. I mean, I'll be more spoiler free having not even seen TFA. [face_laugh]

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    How about continuing to use this one? I just updated the title from "VII" to "VIII". [face_dancing]

As a reminder, here in the NSA forum, please don't even give hints as to the nature of spoilers you may have seen elsewhere.

TheYodaPagoda and AmySolo like this.
  3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Thanks EHT. ^:)^

Was that last bit directed at me for naming a filming location?

4. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I just don't understand [face_tee_hee]

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh, that was just a general reminder... but I guess that part reminded me of the need to remind everyone about that policy. ;) It wasn't a big reveal or anything, but we don't even want any hints or references to spoilers in this forum.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

:p

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Or to keep it SW related...

[​IMG]

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I looked for that one but couldn't find it. Thanks for rubbing it in. :p

EHT likes this.
  9. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
  10. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok, I'm in line for Episode VIII. Isn't this fun? Although I think I'll buy my tickets online (with reserved seats this time!)

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    You still in line??? :p

Master of None and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    Before I scroll through this thread, does it reference anything from trailers/photos? I'm not really sure what actually constitutes a spoiler, in truth. Trying to stay away from everything, and I'm afraid to even read the opening post.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Up until the post above yours (which does not contain anything even remotely spoiler-y), no one has posted in this thread since March of last year, so don't worry about it ;)

EDIT: As for what constitutes a spoiler - well, it's different for everyone I suppose, but in this forum we look at it like this: anything and everything that has been released through official channels (either through the official site/twitter/youtube etc. or through trades like Vanity Fair, like those covers that were released today) are allowed in here. But to respect people who don't even want to see trailers or stills, we try to contain such released material to specific threads, and spoiler tagging official info whenever it's mentioned in threads. We also try to keep such info out of thread titles.

14. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes!!! C'mon now, this is Star Wars we're talkin' about here!

Master of None and B99 like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I've been in line since I exited the theatre after Rogue One ended. The smell is unbearable but it is also keeping a valued distance between myself and the second person in line. Oh, wait... that's a pigeon.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker and B99 like this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Gosh, you guys must really be fans of this....

17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I have realized that there is a decent possibility I may be at Disneyland on 12/15. Can't imagine what seeing it opening night at the DTD theater will be like.

Master of None and B99 like this.
  18. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    That'd be amazing Big Bad Yoda Daddy. Be prepared for extreme crowds. We went to Disneyland in October 4 years ago, and it was incredibly congested then.

I've been in line since right after my first viewing of TFA. I'm going to take the same approach this time. See trailer 1 & trailer 2, and that's it. The only thing I've done differently is I bought the Vanity Fair magazines that came out. I'm not touching them until after I see TLJ. I love knowing nothing and then having my mind blown by all the awesomeness. I'm going to watch the OT and ST before I go see TLJ, but that's it.

Just gotta pray for good weather, since December can be a bit dicey up north. And its a 2.5 hour drive to the good theater.

Master of None likes this.
  19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Definitely taking off work

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I didn't do a very good job of planning for TFA, and as a result I had to wait to see it until almost a week after Christmas! By then even all my friends-who are much less of SW fans than I am-had already seen it. My area is pretty much all reserved seats, and of course I would want to see it in IMAX, and that limits things even more. So I've learned my lesson! You can bet I will be buying my tickets during the opening of presale this time, like I did for R1.

That said, I must say I LOVE the reserved seating situation actually. All it really takes is a little advance planning-but if so, that means no more waiting in line, and guaranteeing a great seat. Even for a movie like SW - on opening day - I can literally show up five minutes before the movie starts, and I'm good! Worth the effort, IMO-especially when seeing a movie released in the cold of winter.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There are almost no cinemas left in Sweden that don't have reserved seating - it's been the standard for at least as long as I've been going to the movies (late 80s/early 90s). The only theaters that don't do reserved seating are small, independant ones.

I love being able to skip standing in line and just have my seat already booked.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  22. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    It's been a long, long time since I logged in, but hi, hello, how are you? Hope you're all great.

23. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I had my first experience with reserved seating last year with Rogue One, and it came in handy! There was an unusual snowstorm here in Portland and it was a challenge driving to the theatre both nights I saw it. No way am I going to go without this year!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  24. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I also like reserved seating, since I have to drive so far. I just about had a heart attack last year on the way to the theater. Thing went well, then traffic was backed up on the off ramp. I could literally see the theater. Fortunately, things moved and I got to the theater on time. Definitely a whole new stress experience.

Just 2 weeks until D23 and 3 weeks until San Diego Comic Con. There will probably be more possible spoilers revealed then, right?

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

That was the same for me; I drove to see Rogue One in a snowstorm here in CO. And that theatre is a 20 minute drive in good weather! I think it must have only been about 20 degrees out too-and this particular AMC theatre's ticket line area is sort of half outdoors/half indoors so there's no temp control till you get into the theatre lobby. (One thing I like too is using the kiosks to print my tickets-no waiting in line, even to get the tickets!) So yes-that reserved seating came in so handy!

All this right here is why I've always preferred seeing movies like this in the summer...