main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I completely empathize with that traffic situation. I'd be freaking out too!

As for D23 & SDCC spoilers...they're pretty tight lipped about what is going on in TLJ. I'm skeptical if we're going to get a longer trailer, but anything is possible. Let's hope the spoilers don't flow out!

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm really lucky - my closest cinema (which also happens to be the largest one in this part of Sweden), is less than a ten-minute walk from my place.

3. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000

Same here for the same reason. That was my biggest fear when TFA came out, that it'd snow. Especially since things were really bad here the year before, with lots of snow starting in November and continuing regularly into June.

At this point, the biggest reason why we go to Disney World every year is because there's easy access to a really nice theater. Who needs a theme park when there's a new Star Wars movie to see? See movie, grab lunch, see movie again, grab dinner. Rinse and repeat. :D

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Where do you live that it is snowing in June?

5. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Ghost_Jedi, I'm in Maine. A couple years ago we got our first major snow storm in November and they just kept coming into June. Springs here are usually very wet & muddy. June snow storms are so much fun....heavy wet snow on top of mud. More slippery than ice. Its especially fun since I have to walk up hill to get to the barn. Yay!

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    100 DAYS!!!!!!!!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  7. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    This is what I wanted to hear tonite...Thanks fellow Yoda brother!

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    10 weeks until The Last Jedi!!!!!!!!

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  9. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I just took off from work

10. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I don't mean this as any criticism, I'm just curious, but it's been noticeable for some time that the 'spoiler-free' sub-forum has been pretty quiet for quite some time.

I appreciate that my own contribution rate is very low, but I would have thought the 6-12 months leading up to a new release of a saga film would be peak time for speculation, but there's just not a lot of it going on here to inspire much more within me.

Anyone know what's going on? Are Star Wars nerds getting so old now that our numbers are 'naturally thinning'? Do people just accept spoilers more readily? Have other sites distracted the userbase? Are there more active spoiler-free forums elsewhere?

Martoto77 likes this.
  11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I think that it's just more and more difficult not to gravitate towards spoiler-y discussions. Even with the best of intentions, it's tempting to give your tuppence on a tiny thread that may not be a spoiler itself, but unravels into a potentially spoiler filled conversation anyway.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I merged the threads, since I don't think discussing why people do or don't post in NSA really warrants its own thread.

That being said, I think a lot of people who wish to stay spoiler free simply avoid the forums and other Star Wars sites completely. We have a really good track record here when it comes to actually keeping spoilers out of NSA, but I can still understand why people would be wary.

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    To pile on, without looking at rumors, there's not much to speculate on. I've done a bit of it based on my reasoning for believing Luke will survive TLJ, but aside from that, we have so little to go on. Plus, those of us who like to be spoiler-free tend to like to just experience things as they happen. I mean, when I see new things, I want to geek out about them with like-minded people, but I don't really want to go in depth about them because of that spoiler-free attitude.

14. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I applaud whoever is locking down the production...I'm ever so selective on where I go and click on, and most of the movie rumor sites are already blocked in my book. I've had two trailers, and some information from Celebration. I know a new character, and a location. That's it! In a month's time, we'll all know the truth.

15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey, umm...10 days? Anyone excited yet? Heh. I'm lined up in spirit now, only a few more days until I put The Force Awakens into my Blu-ray player. I'm also really careful to click on anything these days that has a comment section. Especially now.

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    We're really closing in on the movie now. How will everyone prepare for it?
    I'm doing a marathon of all the films, but I also have some thoughts about watching the more Force lore heavy TCW and Rebels episodes.

TheYodaPagoda and Ricardo Funes like this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I watched a movie (or two) a week, with last week being RotJ. I debated on watching the Season 6 episodes featuring Yoda, but I settled on the story of Fives and Order 66. It felt more natural going into Revenge of the Sith with that story arc. The Force-heavy Rebels episodes are a great alternative, but I don't have the season Blu-rays yet.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I think I'll watch the Force heavy episodes of the animated shows this week - not in any particular order, I just want to refresh my memory of some of the lore, since I suspect that some of it might be referenced in TLJ (mind you, this is entirely my speculation based on the trailers, and the film's title), and it would be fun to pick up on those references.
    Then I'll start my movie marathon on Sunday. I'll do it this way:

Sunday night: TPM, AOTC, TCW
    Monday night: ROTS, RO, ANH
    Tuesday night: TESB, ROTJ, TFA
    And then watch TLJ on Wednesday.

It'll be an awesome week! :D

BookExogorth likes this.
  19. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I wanted to watch all of the animated shows, but just haven't found the time - I'm still only on Season 2 of TCW, and haven't watched full episodes of any Rebels (though I have seen a fair amount in bits up to awesome end of Season 2 due to my kids watching them).

To make up for it (in some small way) I've finally gotten round to listening to JJ's commentary on TFA, which I really enjoyed (interesting to hear him admit an indulgent shot that didn't 'fit', and admit a 'mistake' he made at the end).

This time in 9 days I'll be in the lows of a post-TFA/TLJ IMAX Double Bill hangover... [face_nail_biting]

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I think both animated shows are amazing. Rebels had a dip in quality in season 3 I think (though with the occasional brilliant episode), but so far season 4 has been as good as the show has ever been.

I haven't listened to the audio commentary on TFA yet, actually. I've been meaning to, but I've never gotten around to it. I used to love audio commentaries, but for some reason I never listen to them these days.

21. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm in the middle of a leisurely trot through the films. I've done the prequels and Rogue One so in the next few days I'll get to IV to VII.

I've got tickets for 16th, so I have to take the Friday off as some people in my office are going on the Thursday night. My plan is, starting from 9am on the Friday to binge the films up to ROTJ and then take in TFA on Saturday morning before TLJ at 2pm.

I think I'm more excited for TLJ than TFA. There was the excitement of a new Star Wars trilogy in 2015, but now we know the characters and there's so much set up I'm dying to see what happens next.

22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Me with the forums rn.

[​IMG]

23. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I'm preparing by watching TFA a ridiculous amount of times until I start crafting a bunch of out there theories TLJ will inevitably debunk. :) Since I won't see it until a few days after the premier, I'm thinking on watching the RO, OT , and TFA, one movie a night. I don't like the Prequels films but I might start the marathon with some episodes of Clone Wars and maybe the anti-cheese Revenge of the Sith.

24. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I've watched a movie (or so) a week leading up to next week. So naturally I'm watching The Force Awakens RIGHT NOW. It's interesting that the title of the next film is in the first paragraph of the opening crawl referring to the last Jedi, Luke Skywalker.

It's all so very exciting, isn't it?

CosmicDust and jaqen like this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013