main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice progress, though! The actual test for the license is the fun part, though. See, I was extremely lucky when I took my test because the testers at the time were state police, and this particular officer was a Boston regular, and my dad has worked in Boston for years, so he spent more time chatting with my dad than assessing my skills. [face_mischief]

I can't remember how our permit process went. I remember we could get a few answers wrong and still pass. Basically the stuff I got wrong was truck-specific info that 99% of people don't know anyway.

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The limit here in California is 6 wrong answers... any number over 6, and you fail.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good luck with the retry Armen. :)

I got my permit in 1986. [face_blush] I don't even remember how many questions I could miss. The driving test involved driving down the street, parking and doing a 3-point turn.

At my high school we all talked about the easiest DMV in the surrounding towns--my college roommate got her license from that particular DMV and she would have been one to fly the Falcon straight into a black hole (and then beg Jesus to get her out instead of actually trying to steer). I got my license from the closest DMV because that's how my parents rolled, but I absolutely believe those rumors about the easiest one were true.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Similar rumors abound for DMV locations here in the Valley... trouble is that the "easier" ones are much further away than the DMV office I go to (ie: the one closest to my house), so I'd rather deal with that closer location than to take a longer bus trip.

:p

5. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I went to the least busy one in my area

6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

You're so lucky to live in a place with palm trees. Palm trees......sigh

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No kidding... palm trees are awesome.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    All the snakes living in mine would agree.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Palm trees make think of sweltering heat.

I like ice sculptures. :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG] beautiful day here in jersey!

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lovely day in Mass as well. I'll probably take the dogs for a walk in the woods after dinner.

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The baseball playoffs begin tonight! w00t!

:D

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

13. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    *sigh* Yankees miss the playoffs this year, and the Giants are 0-4. I think I'll just go fall into a coma until spring training.

Good luck though, Tunick. I want it to either be Don Mattingly's Dodgers or the Pirates this year.

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    World of Warcraft was moved to December 18, 2015 which means they know Episode VII isn't coming out then (A lot of this information is known privately weeks if not months in advance before ever going public). So it's either May 2015 (where it will compete against Avengers 2) or pushed to 2016.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, just got out of the DMV... I didn't pass again. Meh. I'll go back sometime next week... got to study more it seems (and I have to pay again too).

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ......wait, what??? :confused: Didn't they already say Episode 7 is coming out Summer 2015?

17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The release date could change at Lucasfilm/Disney's discretion I suppose. It would be kinda cool if it were released in May of 2015 since that would be exactly 10 years after ROTS was released.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    If it's not in 2015, I'm going to be annoyed.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

I doubt May 2015 is going to stick but that's just me. My thinking is mostly based on the information vacuum and Avengers 2 coming out that same month. While that month has 5 weekends, Avengers: Age of Ultron is going to be huge. It will still be grossing high numbers by that Memorial Day weekend. Not sure Disney wants to cannibalize itself. Combine that with JJ Abrams' public reticence over being rushed with respect to Star Wars......

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hm... looking at those pics... somehow I always found those one- or -two-story temporary-looking buildings in the US rather depressing. Some people tend to call US "open" but to me it seems more like "empty."
    If it makes sense, what I'm trying to say. If not, no offense :p

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What pics? Show us!

:p

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hello, GIL!

Confession time...having never seen Star Trek (2009) all the way through, I broke down and watched it with my dad.

The good news is, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The cinematography was cleaner than expected, the effects were very nice, and I have to say I don't have any problems with JJ Abrams' directing style. Overall, watchable and mildly entertaining. :)

The bad news? Story, acting, and script were mediocre at best...and too many bright lights. [face_plain] If he'd just tone down those you-know-whats by about 50% I wouldn't have a problem with it.

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    No worries there, since he has said on quite a few occasions that it was an aesthetic choice for ST specificaly and that he knows he's overdone it and won't do so anymore.
    I found the movie itself a quite pleasant surprise and to be perfectly honest the first time I saw it, roughly 45 minutes in, I said aloud "They should get this guy to make some Star Wars."

So I'm quite happy. :p

Poor Greedo likes this.
  24. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I loved the new Treks! Good pace, great cinematography and a refreshing take on a classic idea. I'm a big fan of expanding the story on an any interesting IP, which is probably why I love the EU so much. I'll be honest until lens flares were a 'thing' I wasn't distracted or bothered by them.

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Exactly. I'm kinda surprised when people complain that such things or shaky cam makes it "hard to follow what's going on."
    I dunno, I'm used to all kinds of different approaches to filmmaking, but I sometimes wonder what kind of concentration you have when such things disturb you :p