main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I've been regularly checking this week's forecast. The weather on premiere night better be chilly (or else)!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  2. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Last year we had a freak snowstorm here in Portland. We made it to Rogue One just fine, but it was dicey at points. Looks like there's no precipitation on the horizon for Thursday OR Friday. Yeah!

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Starting my marathon tomorrow.
    I haven't seen any of the SW movies, except for Rogue One, for almost a year, and I haven't done a full marathon since before TFA came out.

The hype is on! :D

4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I can't do the marathon thing anymore, but one (or two) movies a week isn't too bad of a time investment. I just made sure to schedule it in my calendar. And I just realized that I've seen Rogue One more times than any other Star Wars film this year (must've been pretty good? :p )

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    With 4 days left, and 8 films to watch, it is still feasible for a marathon, if one still haven't done so.

Another option is an R1/OT/TFA mini-marathon.

The shortest option being just rewatching TFA again.

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    On TNT the saga is being shown all week. Even through all of next weekend. You have plenty of time to watch it. Just do two movies a day.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    First part of my marathon was great. It's the first time I've worked the The Clone Wars movie into a marathon actually - it works really well following Attack of the Clones. The TCW movie obviously doesn't click as well with Revenge of the Sith, though, but oh well.

Tonight I'm seeing Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One and A New Hope. Can't wait! :)

I saw a character poster of Leia at a bus stop outside my job today. It really made me realize how close the film is now. [face_hypnotized]
    On my way to lunch I also saw a Luke poster, and some sort of theatrical poster I haven't seen before.

Ricardo Funes and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  8. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Watched the OT on TNT throughout the weekend. I think I'm going to wait until Wednesday night to watch TFA.

9. JP_Frost

JP_Frost Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    I finished the marathon last week. Watched it with my girlfriend who didn't see all the movies before.

We chose the machete order, but a little tweaked:

RO
    ANH
    TESB
    AOTC
    ROTS
    ROTJ
    TFA

She absolutely loved it and Return of the Jedi is her favorite so far. Seeing the movies with someone who isn't spoiled ("I'm your father" was something she hadn't seen before for example) was a real joy. The Hayden Christensen force ghost actually made her emotional and that in itself made me appreciate the prequels again (we, or I should say I, skipped TPM in this marathon, but I'm sure we'll watch it some day).

So now we are ready for TLJ. The reactions so far are extremely positive and it has only enhanced my excitement and impatience even further. December 16th will be the day!

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    JP_Frost, why skipping TPM??:confused:

I'm now on ANH. I have the next three days off work (some residual vacation to use up) so this should work out perfectly! Planning to finish TFA Thursday evening, then seeing TLJ on Sunday.

In reference to the posts above, I am actually hoping we DON'T have cold weather/snow. I hate having to bring winter coats and whatnot into the theater, and have to put them on the disgusting theater floor (since the seats next to me will likely be taken up) where all sorts of mysterious and sickening dregs of people's food and whatnot lurk for months...Also-I've said it before, but when I went to see Rogue One, I drove to see it in a blizzard, and low 20's weather-having to scrape several inches of snow off my car in the dark after the movie. No thanks.

The forecast is looking great for the coming week; but as anyone who lives here in Colorado knows: the weather forecast means NOTHING more than 48 hours out!! :p

Sarge and Ricardo Funes like this.
  11. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm going on Saturday, so Friday at 9am I am starting my complete marathon. I'll get I to VI plus Rogue One done on Friday and then TFA on Saturday morning

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Thursday! THREE DAYS.

13. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    This is so rare these days, even people who never watched ESB are spoiled because of so many pop culture references.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  14. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Forgot about my playlist. We've got a half hour drive, so I'm going for:

Opening Crawl Fanfare
    Duel of the Fates
    Imperial March
    Jedi Steps and TFA credits

That's a bit of each trilogy. Might slide a bit of Rogue One in there too.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Ricardo Funes,

Totes. I've always wanted to introduce SW properly to my son. But even now-being 4 years old, he already knows Anakin turns into Darth Vader and Luke is his son!!!

16. JP_Frost

JP_Frost Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    She was never really into star wars and born in a country where those cultural references were/are not as abundant. She guessed it though that Vader was Luke's father. But it was definitely good to see experience that moment with her.

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    In exactly 24 hours, I'll be in the theater, irritated by Fanta and IKEA commercials. And also excited about some movie I'm going to see, I suppose.

18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm just ready to read a spoiler free review. 58 hours for those of us on the Eastern Seaboard of the US. I shake my fist at you in jealousy.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I'm staring down the barrel of just under 60 hours.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    For me, the build up is worse than it was for TFA. Especially since I know there are spoilers available and I'm purposefully avoiding them.

21. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    We have to endure just one more day. We already survived spoilers for 2 years, now we only have to resist temptation for a single day.

Think about this: we are the few who are going to experience it the way it was meant by the director to be experienced.

I have found that going unspoiled to the movie always makes me like it better. I am so glad I did not spoil TFA or R1, the tension and drama of the key moments is not lost, as you are not sure what is going to happen.

22. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm cutting myself off from the spoilers allowed forums until Thursday :(

23. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    Same here. It will be a new experience, considering by this point we knew just about everything major that was going to happen in TFA (and it diminished it a bit for me).

TCF-1138 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  24. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001

I had some POS spoil Solo in TFA the day before, with a photo! So horrible.

25. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    I couldn't stop myself from reading all about it so at least it was my own fault. I don't know how I would have reacted in your situation...that sucks!