main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get in Line! The Social Countdown Thread for Celebration 3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    43 days left...

2. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    43 days? I haven't even packed yet!!!! I should probably start with shoes now.

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Going to CIII is almost all I can think about!!! :D

Next to the release of Revege of the Sith. [face_devil]

I am there for 7 days of fun and relaxation. (Monday to following Monday)

My girfriend is got some stuff for us planned before the con but I told her once Thursday comes, I am going to be focused on the con and associated activities.

She is a good sport and I was surprised and happy she was willing to go.

And besides we will probably go out late to the clubs in the area anyway.
    After of course the The Official FanForce - RebelLegion - 501st Celebration 3 Party at the Hyatt on Friday and the Celebration at Celebration III party on Saturday.

Hope to run into a few people and get to hang out for a bit and chat.

4. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    "Going to CIII is almost all I can think about!!!"

Tell me about it. I hardly sleep at night. It's a little crazy.... [face_hypnotized] I actually can't believe how wound up I'm getting.

Good news is: 43 days!! Seems like last time I checked this thread it was, like, 80-something days. It'll be here in no time!

[face_dancing]

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    "43 days? I haven't even packed yet!!!! I should probably start with shoes now"

heh-heh, Glymmer, my daughter has already put all her star wars T's in her carry on bag.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'll start packing a few hours before I depart. :p

7. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    I leave home at 5 am so I guess I will have to pack the day before, wont even think about it until then

8. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll be hittin the road at about 6 or 7 am. I hope to be out of town before rush hour starts. I'm going to pack the night before but I doubt I'll get any sleep.

9. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    38 days. :D

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    38 sounds so hopelessly long. :'(

I refuse to allow myself to pack too early, because once the packing's done there's like nothing left to do then I will go insane.

Our plans for arrival at C3 is we're leaving home (PA) on Wednesday morning, but we're going to stop near Cinncinnatti to spend the night with my aunt. Which will be extremely cool because A. That means the drive is not so horribly long and B. She's my favorite aunt.

Why is she my favorite aunt? Well come Friday she's driving up to Indy to come see to the SWC too!!! She's going to be my hero for the rest of my life now because it is so incredibly awesome to have an aunt come to a Star Wars convention with you.

But anyway theoretically then for me the fun starts in 37 days. Which makes me feel slightly better.

But I still don't think I'm going to survive that long. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything.

11. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'll probably do like I do for any other trip and wiat til last minute to pack- like 'night before'-last minute. Man, I can't wait for this month to get over!!!

12. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    heh-heh, Glymmer, my daughter has already put all her star wars T's in her carry on bag.

She's not excited or anything, is she??

I have good intentions to pack way ahead of time, but I hate laundry, so there's the conundrum. I'll more than likely wait until the last minute to do laundry and then pack. But I can start with the shoes!

13. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah I think the days leading up to CIII will be fast it will just seem longer because it is always on the mind.

I know cause I have a countdown timer on my desk top that as of right now says there is

1 Month, 6 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes,and 40 seconds
    until Celebration III. on Eastern time.

Yeah I know what your gonna say..."What a geek!!"

14. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    awesome, I'ld like one of those count down timers.

Ummmm... I really am into getting figures autographed. So I need to start figuring what I can afford to get autographed and dig it all out. So do you think you'll be able to get a couple things autographed per person w/ one(2) coupon ?

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Spooky,
    If its what it was like at C2, and I'm sure it will be, each individual autograph is worth however many coupons that person is charging. SO if you want two greedo figures signed by Paul Blake will cost 2 tickets, whereas 2 Darth Maul figured signes by Ray Park will cost 4 tickets.

16. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    If you check out the C3 web site it tells you who is confirmed as signing, and also tells you how many coupons each will be charging

17. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Oh my, it's so very close now... and the exchange rates to dollar is so great now, means I can afford to buy more stuff. Whoo! :D

18. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i noticed the other day that they're charging $5 for pictures to have signed, which means that its not going to end up being much cheaper to get autographs. are they going to be the same kind of photos as they had at CII or better? and who here is planning on buying any?

19. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    On photos, depends who I want, if any, to be signed. I have some from CII, plus Dragoncon before, so only picking those I do want. Otherwise, money for CIII store and dealers I want something from. Plus food, of course and gas to and from Virginia to Indy.
    I will pack some things ahead, things I won't need to worry about now, but costumes I'm waiting until closer as lost some inches nd will need to take it. And I think my husband wants to make a new Imperial officer's uniform so need to buy garbadine material for him and see if still have our Civil war officer's pattern. costumes are the last things to worry about. Oh, and whatever food do want to bring and sodas (always we can buy soda cheaper in our stores here, then in hotels or in town of cons we go to) and alcohol.
    JMD

20. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    BILLY DEE IS COMING!!!!

He's the first of the guys on the list that I know I absolutely want an autograph of no matter what. I will buy a photo to have autographed by him, and hang it on my wall.

Though I am also toying with the idea of having my Essential Guide to Characters autographed by as mabny stars as I can afford, you know, get the Mara Jade page signed and the Oola page and all that.

I dunno, think that's a good idea?

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    36 Days to go...

So, I actually got to legitamately look thru & for Celebration 2 pictures today for work...just awesome. Some really good sites of people's pictures are still up and all the nerdtastic goodness washed back into my memory. My company printed up the banners behind the costumes & props in the Archive room for C2, and we also did two large photo backgrounds of the Acklay & Mill. Falcon that many people took pictures in front of...suprisingly, those two were hard to find decent pictures of. Anyway, nobody in our sign department from back then is still around, so since we're working on getting that work this time around, I had to find so pictures for our guys so they know what I'm talking about. No point to this, other than I have C2 on the brain more so than normal.

22. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Sebulba - cool!

I was just thinking about those awesome giant back-drop pictures this morning and wondering if there were plans to do them again. What's the word? More giant pics this year? Are they gonna be Episode III related?

They were really fantastic.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I honestly don't know, and even if I did, I'm pretty sure I not supposed talk about any actual details. I'm sure new Ep3 stuff will be done, but even C2 had stuff from all the movies. It sounds like some of the old banners will be reused and some new ones will be made. No hard facts either way, on my end.

We also were the company that stored the skids of free books for the giveaway, but that, as far as I know, isn't happening again....but knowing how things can work, I wouldn't dismiss it completely. Link.

24. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    18 days! [face_dancing]

25. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.