main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Get Me Off This Rock (Jag POV, post TSW *spoilers*) :........I'm Alive! 2/22 ..........:

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jags_gurl, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY SQUISHY!!!

That was a great post! It was hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. I feel so bad for both of them. I hope they can work it out.[face_praying]

Looking forward to the next post.:)

2. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    This is incredible. Jag is sweet, hilarious, and a bad-ass, and you're not pulling any punches here. Great job.

3. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Nooooo! Noooooo! Curse you!!! You?re making me want to see Jag and Jaina work out their problems and get together in this story! I?m really upset with you (but not so upset as to stop reading this fantastic fic :p).

Seriously though, can we get a happy ending here? That would be great (I?m sure it will be great anyway, but happy endings are so much nicer than sad ones).

In other news:

Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday dear Jags_Gurl!
    Happy birthday to you!

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I wanted to laugh and cry through the whole post. Maaah-velous, darling.

Happy Groundhog Day...oops I mean Birthday, Squishy! [:D]

~Your fellow groundhog

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    That was great.

I got all choked up. Poor Jaggie..

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I missed two posts!! :_|

But I'm back[face_mischief] And here are my reviews for the last two posts:

First off, I love Jag's inner dialogue. It's so blunt but touched with so much humor - and it's so honest! He's pissed, he's bitter, he's more than a little angry - I loved it. Jag's what, 28 years old by now - he has a lot of repressed stuff that's begging to come out. Excellent :)

[face_laugh]Clearly, neither choice is appealing, but if I were a Chiss (or one trained as a Chiss), I'd probably choose anything EXCEPT the Joiner option.

Ahh, the downfalls of power.

[face_love]

Okay, I think it's time that someone writes a Davin Coming Back to Life Fic, or better yet, a Davin Never Died Fic.

Who wouldn't want you to look the way you look? [face_love]

Not to disparage Jaina or anything, but I like how Jag thinks this. Jaina has humiliated him - repeatedly - of course he's going to want revenge. It has nothing to do with being human or Corellian or in love, but it's an instinct.

Unforunately, Jaina isn't really that capable of giving it. Even in her non Joiner days, there was something unapologetic about her. It comes with being a Solo, which is an explanation, but not an excuse. I see why Jag would find this offensive.

:rolleyes: I liked Dark Nest, I really did. But Denning's tendencies to inflate Jedi piloting skills was way over the top. First of all, Zekk is at most a competent pilot, and now suddenly he's causing problems for Jag? The guy who consistly beat Jaina without the Force? Puhleeeassse. Then Leia taking down Jag? I don't care if she's DV's granddaughter and Luke's sister. She's also an inexperienced pilot. The Force can give you a boost, not give you entire areas of expertise. So thanks for the retcon on a more logical reason for Jag's current situation :)

Shawnie, that's not nice. [face_shame_on_you] And speaking of Shawnie, will we be seeing her? And do I have a one track mind?

OMG, I LOVE this. It's so tr

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Happy Birthday Squishy [:D]

Now to post...

Uhh those two [face_plain] They are so driving me nuts... But Jag comments are still hilarious :D

But his also knows how to "punch". Ouch :( Jaina use your... ehm... use your... charm or something.

8. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    happy birthday... i love how jag sees jaina in this story...

9. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    This? Is completely awesome. Now we need to hack into Del Rey's datebase and insert this story into Legacy. :p

I know there probably won't be a happy ending for the two confounded idiots. But I can always hope. :D

10. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    wow!!

Jaina as a polititian.... oooo wow

Come on Jag forgive and forget... wel not completly but you get the idea. :)

Great post!!

11. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Squishy! You started a new story! It seems like forever since you last wrote something. And I love it! :D

Favorite lines so far:

I forgive you, galaxy, for not rescuing me.
    This sounds like something I would say. I tend to ramble out random things when I'm really sleepy (almost like I'm drunk :p), and I could see myself saying something like that.

In conclusion, sanity is overrated.
    Indeed. I concur. ;)

I also like how he keeps calling her "JainaTaat". It's hilarious! [face_laugh]

-Vicster

12. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Yep, still loving it!

First, she?d argue her point with you in typical Solo fashion. If that didn?t work, she?d switch in to Sith-politician mode, and be waving her hand and trying to manipulate you into saying what she wants to hear. And if that still didn?t work? well, she?d get mad at you, and pull her lightsaber on you. Definitely scary.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Keep it coming! Can't wait to see how this ends!

~The Rebel

13. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Jaina the polotition... [face_devil]

Loved the way Jag was thinking back to the good times. Hope he can forgive her.

14. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi there!

I was a little busy, so I am quite behind on reading and reviewing, sorry about that. :(

And now that I do review, I don't know what to say really. [face_thinking] I cannot even express how much I adore your writing style, and how much I love your Jag and his thoughts. [face_love] =D= [face_hypnotized]

This story is great, funny, emotional, insightful, ... - I love it. More soon??

Ys, Fia

15. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Reponses and post tomorrow, I promise!

Thanks ya'lls for all your patience...

And I want to say that I ended up breaking the end into another section. So it probably won't conclude quite yet. Look for an extreme update Tuesday!!

16. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Wyn : That was sweet how you changed the situation with the 'come back to me' line. They seemed to finally get past the barriers that were separating them. Let's hope they can continue that once Jag returns to the Chiss. :D Thanks! We?ll see how this continues?

zettasofia : Love his thoughts though- they're cracking me up. Hey thanks, me too! Lol!

Poor guy. Sucks what pain does to you. He's not exactly sparing Jaina any pain, is he? She deserves it, but... Ow. [face_laugh] Yeah, pretty much.

Wildcat : HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY SQUISHY!!! :D Thanks!!

That was a great post! It was hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. I feel so bad for both of them. I hope they can work it out. I feel bad for them too? heh?

Sakura : This is incredible. Jag is sweet, hilarious, and a bad-ass, and you're not pulling any punches here. Nope, definitely not pulling punches. I?m glad you?re enjoying it :)

emeraldshadow : Nooooo! Noooooo! Curse you!!! You?re making me want to see Jag and Jaina work out their problems and get together in this story! I?m really upset with you (but not so upset as to stop reading this fantastic fic The irony is that the more I try to see things from Jag?s perspective, the less I want to see them together! :p ;)

Seriously though, can we get a happy ending here? That would be great (I?m sure it will be great anyway, but happy endings are so much nicer than sad ones). [face_laugh] It?s true, happy endings are much nicer? but I don?t know about this fairy tale?

Happy birthday dear Jags_Gurl! :D Thank you!

TKL : I wanted to laugh and cry through the whole post. Maaah-velous, darling. Why thank you, dah-ling.

Happy Groundhog Day...oops I mean Birthday, Squishy! Why thank you, my birthday buddy!

jade5199 : I got all choked up. Poor Jaggie.. *extends box of Kleenex* Tissues? I think it might get worse before it gets better?

Inara : First off, I love Jag's inner dialogue. It's so blunt but touched with so much humor - and it's so honest! He's pissed, he's bitter, he's more than a little angry - I loved it. Jag's what, 28 years old by now - he has a lot of repressed stuff that's begging to come out. Excellent Thanks! Poor Jag is much too young to have this type of emotional baggage? ;) I?m glad you?re enjoying it, my friend! [face_hug]

Clearly, neither choice is appealing, but if I were a Chiss (or one trained as a Chiss), I'd probably choose anything EXCEPT the Joiner option. :D Me too!

Okay, I think it's time that someone writes a Davin Coming Back to Life Fic, or better yet, a Davin Never Died Fic. ?. Did you hear that? ? There it is again! ? What the? *gasp* oh no!! It?s ? the attack of the killer plot bunny!

Who wouldn't want you to look the way you look? :D Amen, sister.

Not to disparage Jaina or anything, but I like how Jag thinks this. Jaina has humiliated him - repeatedly - of course he's going to want revenge. It has nothing to do with being human or Corellian or in love, but it's an instinct. Exactly! And our Jag has always been the type to go with his instincts? which doesn?t necessarily bode well for Jaina. [face_devil]

Unforunately, Jaina isn't really that capable of giving it. Even in her non Joiner days, there was something unapologetic about her. It comes with being a Solo, which is an explanation, but not an excuse. I see why Jag would find this offensive. It?s true. And that?s why I made her give an apology when she didn?t think he was listening, that way her pride was ?safe?. I needed the later ?apology? to Jag though to set up the rest of the scene? otherwise I don?t think I would have let her apologize. [face_devil]

I liked Dark Nest, I really did. But Denning's tendencies to inflate Jedi piloting skills was way over the top. First of all, Zekk is at

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Maybe?!?!

18. Fiana_Novarr

Sep 4, 2001
    *updates page*

*updates again*

Hmm - you know, it is nearly Wednesday here ... Just sayin' [face_whistling] :D

*refreshes page again* [face_worried] :-B *waits* No pressure, baby! [face_batting]

Ys, Fia

edited to add: 7 p.m. Well, [face_worried] :_| Here I was hoping you were a little closer to my time zone ... But depending on which one you are in, your class will be over sometime between 1 and 4 p.m. (my time zone) :oops: Too bad I have places to be tomorrow morning - no staying up all night. :( But maybe there will be a nice surprise waiting when I get up? [face_batting] :D [face_praying] :-B

Again, no pressure baby! o_O [face_liarliar]

19. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    promise? as it is almost wed.

20. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Okay, fine. I finished it and am posting now just for you, Fia ...

And TKL, lol, yep, maybe... ;)

========================================

?Feels so good you could cry
    Now won't you do what I told you?
    I remember when you used to be shy
    Yeah, once we were so fine,
    You and I, why you gotta make it so hard on me?
    Hey, it?s hard on me!
    And I'm sorry but it's not a mistake??~ Rob Thomas, This Is How A Heart Breaks

I had nothing left to say to her. Now I really did say it all.

Well, maybe everything. I?ll admit, for awhile I was being consumed with a burning curiosity, wanting some explanation about the Jaina and Zekk that had supposedly drug me who knows how far to the shards of clawcraft I now resided by. I mean, was that a figment of my imagination? Or was Jaina playing the ignorant and innocent card on me, hoping that my muddled mind would just write it off as a hallucination from my injuries?

Notice how I say ?for a while I was being consumed with a burning curiosity?. For a quick lesson in Basic grammar and verb tenses, we now turn to Professor Jagged Fel. Professor? Why, thank you Jag. As you can see, Jagged here used past tense. That implies he?s no longer consumed by curiousity.

And I?m not. Thank you for your astute observation, Professor Fel. (For the record, I?m not crazy.)

Want to know why I?m not consumed by curiousity?

Because I reminded that little voice in the back of my mind that I don?t care.

Just the thought made me almost want to smile.

Almost.

But the fact that Jaina Solo?Taat? who can really tell anymore, honestly? anyways, she?s sitting right there, and that kills any impulse I have to smile.

I wish I knew what to call her. Maybe I should ask her. Maybe I would if I cared. She?s just been so entirely out of character for these last several years. It?s almost as if she?s a poorly rewritten version of herself, because the real Jaina never would have made decisions like that. Yep, definitely poorly rewritten.

Unfortunately, that?s the real Jaina I have to deal with.

Some days I really pity me.

No one should have to deal with that! I mean, honestly!

There was a really good song out a few years back. I don?t remember all the lyrics ? I know, me, listen to music? When does that happen?

Well it does. There was this line that went ?You gave me nothing, now it?s all I?ve got.?

It?s a pretty accurate statement of this situation.

All I have is pretty memories tarnished by reality, which amounts to basically nothing.

Speaking of pretty memories tarnished by reality, I took a vacation to Mon Calamari with Jaina shortly after my appointment to Liason. We had laughed at some strange vendors selling shirts saying ?I went to Mon Calamari and all I got was this dumb shirt? ? and then proceeded to buy ourselves two.

Moving to the totally random side of things, and I think this is the fever talking, I?m going to go back to Csilla and make a shirt ? ?I went out with Jaina Solo and all I got was this broken leg and a mind full of bad memories? and I?ll wear it all the time. However, the Chiss appreciate a dry sense of humor, and I think that might be too not-dry for them. I think the humor would be entirely lost on any of them.

Shawnkyr would get it though. Shawnkyr understands me probably better than I understand myself. I wish I had listened to her back on Hapes.

?You ought not dally with Jaina Solo,? she said. ?She is nothing but heartache wrapped in a good looking body with solid disregard for authority and an overwhelming ego.?

Or something less theatrical, but basically along the same lines. But see, we were so close ? I could have been classified as the heartache-waiting-to-happen wrapped in a good looking body (hey, it?s true and you and I both know it.) with an overwhelming ego?just like her?I just had a solid respect for authority where she had a clear disdain.

Well, okay, and I wasn?t crazy like she was. Is. She still is just plain crazy. At least that part of her isn?t out of char

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Muahahahaha it's mine again [face_devil]

EDIT: Oh boy Jag must be really sick right now because he is so hilarious that it is scary.

And yeah you hate Jaina and the thing you wanted to do for half of the post was to kiss her. Jag is in really bad condition. And Shawnkyr better start taking him to medical center or I will so kick her ass that she will not sit for a century.

And how can we have only one post left? It's impossible!!! Of course if you plan to write sequel thingy then I have no problem ;)

Great job once again :)

22. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    awesome job.. no offense but i think shawknyr is a bitch

23. Fiana_Novarr

Sep 4, 2001
    Thanks for posting tonight! [face_hypnotized] :D But aren't you suppposed to be in your class for at least one more hour? Hey, I'm not complaining, just wondering .... :-B

And I will leave a proper review tomorrow - I feel my English skills leaving me already - though I am sure they will still be enough to read the new post ...

Ys, Fia

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Sorry I've been AWOL, jags_gurl...but I'm all caught up now.

You've taken Jag on an amazing internal journey here. Whatever the outcome, this is a superb character-study fic!

=D=

oldj

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Boy Jag sure is a drama queen...at least in his mind. Shawnkyr certainly let her opinions be known. I wonder what will happen once Jag regains consciousness again. Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.