main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Get Me Off This Rock (Jag POV, post TSW *spoilers*) :........I'm Alive! 2/22 ..........:

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jags_gurl, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    This was an excellent post!!!

I'll be right back with more[:D]

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Man, Chimpo is getting good at these first replies o_O

Love the Rob Thomas song [face_love]

But the fact that Jaina Solo?Taat? who can really tell anymore, honestly? anyways, she?s sitting right there, and that kills any impulse I have to smile.

Ah :(

Moving to the totally random side of things, and I think this is the fever talking, I?m going to go back to Csilla and make a shirt ? ?I went out with Jaina Solo and all I got was this broken leg and a mind full of bad memories? and I?ll wear it all the time.

[face_laugh]

Okay that was funny!

She?s like a drug, though. I can?t get my thoughts off of her. I was addicted? and like a spice addict, it?s hard to break myself of the habit. But see, I am Jagged Fel, with a will of durasteel. So I will.

Can?t I?

Very Jag indeed.

Oh stop playing so dumb. You?re no blonde, Jaina SoloTaat. You know exactly whom I speak of.

Glad I'm a brunette ;)

Shawnkyr to the rescue! Score one or two or three for the Chiss =D=

Can't wait to see how you end this.

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Man the bitterness, and the angst is so well done. I love how you've played out the sarcasm!!

Nicely done!

4. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    oh yeah i forgot, i loved the jaina solo/broken leg shirt idea. hilarious! [face_laugh]

5. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]That sounds like something I would do!

This is actually pretty sad. It's one thing to be angry and unforgiving. But if the thought of Jaina kills all happiness...[face_worried] It's like even if Jag ever forgives her for making stupid mistakes, how is he going to forgive her for being herself?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]That's hilarious!!!

This totally sounds like something Kyrn would say too. It must have been harsh towards Jaina when she said it, but in hindsight, no wonder Jag is regretting that he didn't listen. But then he wouldn't be the Jag we know and love if he had, right? O:)

[face_thinking]I asked this last post, Jag. I'm waiting along with you to find out.

I like his analogy here. It's more apt that I think many would care to admit, especially Jaina. ;)

Well, I do know one thing. If Jag had the Force, he'd be the best at it. Because, you know, he's the best at everything.

This is a really telling indication of her personality. Certainly, the Jaina we've been seeing in profic is just like this. As if she is, perhaps unonsciously, subtly using her past tragedies as an excuse.

Don't worry, Jag. It grossed out Han too. And I always thought it'd be a hilarious play on the cliched "Jaina gets pregnant" storyline if she had gotten pregnant in a bug orgy and didn't know who the father was because she had too much membrosia.

He's not as over her as he'd like [face_mischief] Now, is he repulsed by the thoughts of Jaina with Zekk, or Jaina with another man?

Jag, you're clearly thinking with your other head!

Umm, he's given you quite a few opportunities. So don't be pissed if he doesn't give you a chance after you've screwed up.

NOO!!!!

6. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    just read it, hoping they end up together

7. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    I really, really like your fic!

This is me before reading it: --> [face_tired]

This is me while I was reading it:
    [face_plain]
    :eek:
    [face_love]
    [face_worried]
    :rolleyes:
    [face_praying]
    :eek:
    :_|
    [face_laugh]
    :D

And this is is me after reading it:
    [face_dancing]
    =D=
    [face_praying]
    [face_batting]

~The Rebel

8. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Holy cow.

Cat fight with Jaina and Shawnkry. Very well done. Great job!

9. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    please update soon! i don't think i cant wait very long!

great job!

10. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    up soon! the suspense is killing me.

11. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh wow! Things have definatally built to a cresendo. Please update soon or alot of readers are going to die from the suspence (myself included)

12. baby-jade

baby-jade Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    i know Shawnkyr is cool but i really hope Jaina wins the fight as in...[face_beatup] ...any questions?

13. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    My God...you are a bloody genius. I laughed so hard at some of Jag's comments that it's not even funny...well that is to say it was funny...but the laughing...meh screw it, it was 10/10 ^_^ hella awesome. You're writing of the characters is just unique and amazing.

I lol'd ;) and I'm a sad panda that there's only one more post...hopefully it will end favorably. *crosses fingers*

-Lee Ann

14. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    one last comment for me to make... CATFIGHT!!!! lol, I just had to do that.

15. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Sorry, looks like it took me some days to get back to this - DRL has been a little annoying. :mad:

Anyways, I just love your hurt Jag and how funny he is without meaning to. [face_laugh] [:D] [face_love] Kinda makes me wanna go and hug him and tell him it's all gonna be alright. Or maybe I would just ship his mum over to take care of him. But he is so adorable. Kinda makes me wonder what a kid of J/J would be like with a cold. But that would probably kill all readers - dead from the cute. :D [face_shame_on_you]

Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, review. Sorry, am kinda distracted tonight. :oops:

Great update, as usually - but I am so sad it will be over soon!! [face_worried] :( :_| But we will get another cute story from you then, right? Right? [face_worried] Right? o_O

Ys, Fia

16. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I love rescues, especially when I?m the rescuee. Promotions all around for them.

*chokes from laughter* Captain Jag Sparrow! "Weddings! I love weddings . . . ."

I was very happy to see Shawnkyr--and protective!Shawnkyr definitely made me happy. Jag needs someone to be all protective of him.

However this fic ends, I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome.

Poor Jag, though . . . :( I want to hug him, too. Fiana_Novarr's right--he's adorable.

17. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    chimpo : Muahahahaha it's mine again =D= Way to go, Chimpo! ;)

Oh boy Jag must be really sick right now because he is so hilarious that it is scary. hehehe, yeah, poor Jaggers, he?s not really thinking clearly (or at all?)

And yeah you hate Jaina and the thing you wanted to do for half of the post was to kiss her. Jag is in really bad condition. And Shawnkyr better start taking him to medical center or I will so kick her ass that she will not sit for a century. [face_laugh]

And how can we have only one post left? It's impossible!!! Of course if you plan to write sequel thingy then I have no problem There will be a few extra bonus scenes from different POVs if that constitutes a sequel :D

skywalkerlover00 : awesome job.. no offense but i think shawknyr is a bitch Oh, you just have to understand my Shawnkyr. I explain her further in the bonus scenes, don?t worry, I [face_love] Shawnkyr and maybe you will too :)

Fia : But aren't you suppposed to be in your class for at least one more hour? Hey, I'm not complaining, just wondering .... I wasn?t in class the entire time, but I did skip out on a meeting because I was lazy so then I decided I could post. Hehehe :p

oldj : You've taken Jag on an amazing internal journey here. Whatever the outcome, this is a superb character-study fic! [face_blush] Why thank you!

Wyn : Boy Jag sure is a drama queen...at least in his mind. I think he?s entitled to his internal drama though ;)

Shawnkyr certainly let her opinions be known. I don?t see her as needing to hide her opinions or disdain for others? she?s Chiss, blunt, large and in charge :p

TKL : Man, Chimpo is getting good at these first replies Yeah, I know, I?m thinking it looks a little suspicious ;)

Love the Rob Thomas song Me too [face_love]

Glad I'm a brunette Me too ? er? wait? dangit? :p

jade5199 : Man the bitterness, and the angst is so well done. I love how you've played out the sarcasm!! :D Thank yas! I?m so glad you like it! I heart sarcasm, not going to lie?

skywalkerlover00: oh yeah i forgot, i loved the jaina solo/broken leg shirt idea. hilarious! that was probably one of the most random ideas I had, so I?m glad you found it funny! :D

Inara : This is actually pretty sad. It's one thing to be angry and unforgiving. But if the thought of Jaina kills all happiness... It's like even if Jag ever forgives her for making stupid mistakes, how is he going to forgive her for being herself? I know, it is entirely depressing, but I think he?s at the stage where he?s just sick of her games and yet he can?t help but (maybe) love her for them?

This totally sounds like something Kyrn would say too. It must have been harsh towards Jaina when she said it, but in hindsight, no wonder Jag is regretting that he didn't listen. But then he wouldn't be the Jag we know and love if he had, right? Hehe, it?s true, I am glad he was with Jaina for the time he was? [face_love]

I asked this last post, Jag. I'm waiting along with you to find out. [face_laugh] Of course, all will be made clearer? later. Not this post, I?m sorry, but eventually you?ll get the whole story out of me ;)

I like his analogy here. It's more apt that I think many would care to admit, especially Jaina. :D exactly, and I think it?s too bad that this is how Jaina has become to be in profic :(

Well, I do know one thing. If Jag had the Force, he'd be the best at it. Because, you know, he's the best at everything. Heck yes he is!!! [face_love]

This is a really telling indication of her personality. Certainly, the Jaina we've been seeing in profic is just like this. As if she is, perhaps unonsciously, subtly using her past tragedies as an excuse. Precisely? I wish the profic authors would fix her, because I don

18. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Again, thanks to all my readers! [:D] This is the end of Jag's telling the story, but I promise to fill in the gaps!

? ?If you want to talk you can call
    And no, it's not your fault.?
    I just smiled and said, ?Let go of me??? ~ Backstreet Boys, Siberia

My eyes opened slowly, and I blink heavily, sluggishly, my actions impeded by the viscous fluid I now bobbed in.

Damn. Bacta. I?m going to taste this stuff for a week. Have you ever tasted bacta? It?s awful. And you feel greasy and slimy for two weeks, and it doesn't wash off. Bacta is definitely not fun.

There?s a single figure standing outside my tank, and my brow furrows as I try to see past the sea of pink and the curvature of the glass.

I think it?s Shawnkyr.

A sudden tug on my breather draws my attention upward, where I see the medic motioning me up.

I clambered out, feeling uncomfortable after not really moving for the last? who knows how long ? and wrapped a fuzzy towel around my waist. My leg, fortunately, was strong enough to bear my weight and bore only the pinkish telltale scars from several boneknitters.

The medic handed me another towel, which I quickly ran over my sticky skin and then proceeded to ruffle through my dripping hair. I glanced over my arms and chest, taking inventory on my new scars.

Shawnkyr was watching with a faint glint of amusement lighting her ruby eyes.

?I need a haircut,? I complained.

?The scruffiness almost suits your inner Rebel,? she commented.

I chuckled. ?My inner Rebel, Kyrn??

?Your inner Rebel,? she confirmed. ?By no fault of your own, of course. It is in your genetic sequence.?

I guess I did have a bit of an inner Rebel. Not anymore, really. These last few years have changed me ? I can feel it.

Shawnkyr waited patiently, holding a bundle. Finally, when my eyes met hers, they glowed a warm red back at me, and the medic took their leave after seeing I was functioning.

She handed me the bundle, a fresh change of clothes and a pair of boots.

?Thank you,? I said, accepting the bundle.

She tipped her head in cool acknowledgement.

Shawnkyr?s quite possibly the best second-in-command a guy like me could ask for.

I hurriedly changed into the fresh uniform and it was like a good cup of caf ? energizing and renewing. I love my uniforms. Just wearing them gives me a sense of pride and duty and responsibility.

?You have been discharged,? Shawnkyr announced, extending a datacard. ?The medics cleared your bloodwork while you were changing. This is a final summary of your injuries, plus the documentation for your release.?

?Good,? I said, tucking it away as we started out the expansive medward. There were a few Chiss bobbing in bacta as well, but it was basically empty. ?How long have I been out??

Her shoulders shrugged slightly. ?If you mean since you wrecked, then 11 days. You spent 4 days in bacta ? and two of them were in an emergency tank.?

My left hand rubbed thoughtfully along the rough stubble grown in the almost two weeks since I crashed. ?New record.?

She just barely smiled as she glanced at me, her red eyes twinkling in amusement. ?It is not a record I hope to challenge.?

?I would hope not, Kyrn,? I answered back with a matching faint smile. ?What have I missed??

?Much,? she answered simply. ?To rescue you we risked violating the terms of the treaty talks. Fortunately, no one noticed and the proceedings when as planned. They were completed by the time we brought you to the medcenter.?

?They signed the treaty?? I was surprised, and didn?t bother to hide it.

She pressed her lips together in a hint of distaste. ?They did. Now the rules and lines are being drawn.?

I had to mull that over for a moment. I was expecting the talks to last much longer.

?Solo shares the same sentiments,? Shawnkyr murmured.

?Jaina?? my brows knit together in puzzlement.

?Her brother.?

?Oh.?

That?s right. Jacen Solo would see fit to thoroughly involve himself in this mess. What continued to puzzle me was

19. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *steals*

[face_dancing][face_dancing]

20. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Awesome. Great ending, for Jag at least. Now I really want to know what's going on . . . [face_thoughtful].

?Your inner Rebel,? she confirmed. ?By no fault of your own, of course. It is in your genetic sequence.?

[face_laugh] That was hilarious, and so Shawnkyr! Definitely loved their banter in this chapter. It felt just right, both comfortable and a little forced.

My left hand rubbed thoughtfully along the rough stubble grown in the almost two weeks since I crashed. ?New record.?

I loved that. It seemed so . . . realistic, and I loved the hints at what their everyday "work life," if you can call it that, is like.

I must have been entirely beat up and sick ? I can barely remember anything.

This just made me go "poor Jaggie." :(

I liked Jaina's "letter." It gave the story a sense of both closure and things to come, both for Jag and Jaina, as if a new life is starting for both of them.

Again, great job! =D= =D=

My curiosity is now burning intensely. I hope you'll answer all our questions soon . . . .

21. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    =D= =D= that was a great ending! I loved that. Is there going to be an epilogue?

22. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    OMG, if there's not an epilogue--where they have their happily ever after together--i think i might really die this time.

that was great. this is a wonderful story.

23. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    that was great! i just got cought up on it all. the whole clear skies thing was so sad. epilouge????

the piggy of punishment [face_pig]

24. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Well...I sort of knew going in that is wasn't going to end well for J/J...but I have to admit I was a little sad.

All in all though, what a fun read. I did so love Jag's internal monolouge...monologe...monologg...man has it been a rough week when I can't spell that.

Anyway. I 'oved the interaction between Jag and Shawnie in this post and can I tell you...I kinda of got tingly 'Shag' feelings toward the end.

25. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    I agree with aurra. have an epilogue where J/J live happily ever after. I need that and so does everyone else. well, i have to go my brother is making me get off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.