main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Get Me Off This Rock (Jag POV, post TSW *spoilers*) :........I'm Alive! 2/22 ..........:

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jags_gurl, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I can see that epilogue now... "Well, I'm a chaotic Sith witch and you're a cold, judgemental bastard. Let's just call it even and shack up." :p

Great story, j_g.

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That wasn't the end was it? Please tell me it wasn't the end [face_praying]

Wonderful Update =D=

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Damn. Bacta. I?m going to taste this stuff for a week. Have you ever tasted bacta? It?s awful. And you feel greasy and slimy for two weeks, and it doesn't wash off. Bacta is definitely not fun.

Aw, poor Jaggie. :p

There?s a single figure standing outside my tank, and my brow furrows as I try to see past the sea of pink and the curvature of the glass.

I think it?s Shawnkyr.

Well. Could be worse. [face_plain]

I clambered out, feeling uncomfortable after not really moving for the last? who knows how long ? and wrapped a fuzzy towel around my waist.

He needs no towel!
    [face_love] [face_blush]

?I need a haircut,? I complained.

[face_laugh] That is so Jag.

?The scruffiness almost suits your inner Rebel,? she commented.

I chuckled. ?My inner Rebel, Kyrn??

Hmmm...inner Rebel...I like the way you phrased that. :p

Shawnkyr?s quite possibly the best second-in-command a guy like me could ask for.

Second-in-command? Sure. But...[face_worried]

I love my uniforms. Just wearing them gives me a sense of pride and duty and responsibility.

And it makes you look hot as heck. [face_love]

My left hand rubbed thoughtfully along the rough stubble grown in the almost two weeks since I crashed. ?New record.?

She just barely smiled as she glanced at me, her red eyes twinkling in amusement. ?It is not a record I hope to challenge.?

?I would hope not, Kyrn,? I answered back with a matching faint smile. ?What have I missed??

?Much,? she answered simply. ?To rescue you we risked violating the terms of the treaty talks. Fortunately, no one noticed and the proceedings when as planned. They were completed by the time we brought you to the medcenter.?

?They signed the treaty?? I was surprised, and didn?t bother to hide it.

She pressed her lips together in a hint of distaste. ?They did. Now the rules and lines are being drawn.?

I had to mull that over for a moment. I was expecting the talks to last much longer.

Hmmm... But where does Jaina come in? o_O

?Solo shares the same sentiments,? Shawnkyr murmured.

?Jaina?? my brows knit together in puzzlement.

Oh, right there! :D

?Her brother.?

?Oh.?

Whoops. Nevermind. :p

That?s right. Jacen Solo would see fit to thoroughly involve himself in this mess. What continued to puzzle me was how Shawnkyr knew what his opinion on the matter was. I tried to think back over the last few days, but they were entirely a blur. I could remember parts of conversations, flashes of faces?

Wait.

Arg! Suspense! *continues reading*

?Kyrn??

She shot me a look that distinctly read ?not now?.

Even more puzzling.

For all of us...[face_thinking]

?Captain Fel.? A new voice.

COULD IT BE...? [face_praying]

Composure gathered, I looked straight up and saw the glowing red eyes set in a face of blue stone belonging to his XO.

?Captain Zabala,? I greeted, tipping my head in acknowledgement.

Aw, kriff. [face_frustrated] :p

?What is it you are failing to tell me, Kyrn??

?It is a long story.?

?It is about me??

Nod. ?And your rescue.?

:confused: [face_thinking] [face_praying]

Once we were safe within the organized chaos of my office ? it was not this messy when I left it, I noticed.

Organized chaos...reminds me of my room. :p

I rounded on my best friend, arching a brow. ?Out with it.?

*nods* 'Bout time.

?Jagged ??

?Shawnkyr, I don?t have time for this. What is it?? I demanded.

Her eyes

4. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Great ending for a great story. :D Good job, Squishy!

-Vicster

5. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I really want to see Jag's reaction now...

I hope that Jaina can come to terms with herself. Maybe then they'll have a chance of staying together.

Great job!

6. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Great update again! Your Jag is really cute even when he is healed ... :* [face_love] Loved the banter, too!

But this is not the end, right? You cannot be serious and stop right here, you really can't! [face_not_talking] Or is there gonna be a sequel? Pretty please? [face_batting] You cannot leave them like that, can you? (Mind you, I think this is exactly what Jaina needs - but it would be nicer with Jaggie around ... [face_dancing])

Anyways, wonderful update again! Too bad it's over ... [face_worried] :_|

Ys, Fia

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Uh no first post this time :(

Oh well I'll live with that ;)

Great job as always Squishy=D=

So Jag has now a record in staying in Bacta tank :p Poor guy :(

And Jaina has left :( And the note for Jag was sad but gave us a little hope for the future :D

When is the next post ;) :D

8. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    ::delurks::

I also vote that this is not the end. Heh. Not that I'm a sucker for a happy(er) ending...
    Though this is a good one, too.

Oh, and Jag's thoughts/his conversation with Shawnkyr about bacta? Hilarious. Seriously, your Jag is just great--he's been neglected (especially lately, grr) in canon, and you stretch the "normal" fic Jag just far enough that he's different and funny and really enjoyable but still in character. First-person fics don't normally work for me, but this has just been great.

And Jaina's letter also worked well, I thought. It's mature and resigned and--wow!--apologetic, which she should be, dammit, heh. Aaand of course it seems like the kind of thing that Jag might at some point be inclined to respond favorably to...but that could be wishful thinking ;)

Anyway. Great story, great Jag. Hooray :D

9. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    Yes. Please tell me that this was not the end. please tell me there will be more. This is too good to be over. Also, I'm a major sucker for a happy ending.

10. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm totally NOT disappointed by the ending. Of course, I have some lingering questions, so I can't wait for the cut scenes.

[face_love]Scars are sexy.

[face_laugh]Sorry Jag, but not even the most rigorous training will rid you the affliction of genetics.

I feel really sad for him here. What everyone loved about Jag in the NJO was when he shed his outer grimness in the NJO to indulge in his Rebelness. So the fact that he might have lost it is like the Jag that we know is shut off from us. :(

[face_love]Aww, Shag.

The one thing I really like about Kyrn whether in friendship or in romance, she always looks out for Jag's best interests. Even when Jag himself can't see them.

I think this is so in character of Jag. The uniform represents so much more than just his job. It's who he is, what he defines himself by. It's a shame that many people see it as a weakness. But one does not need to disregard authority (like the Solos) to be a complete person. I like that about Jag (and Soontir) who is proud to wear his uniform as Han is proud to be out of one.

Stubble is sexy too. [face_love]

Sometimes it's best to let Jag win. [face_laugh]

I like this dose of reality you added. Jag is on the Chiss side, and so he will be unhappy with GFFA terms. It also adds an added factor to the overall situation that Jag and Jaina were in. Not a trustful one, certainly.

:oops:Oh Jacen. At least your involvement here has helped out...I think?

Yes, jg, how exactly did all this happen??

[:D] Jag needs someone to take care of him. Since Jaina isn't interested, and in case Shawnkyr doesn't want to, I volunteer!

What's hilarious is that he can't decide if not remembering is a good or bad thing. It kind of shows how terrible the situation as been for him if he's so pessimistic about everything. :(

[face_laugh]I totally see eye to eye with you on this as well. I can buy the Chiss being good liars (Formbi, Thrawn, for example), but not Kyrn. She doesn't seem like a secret-keeper (I had a Harry Potter flashback), as you said.

11. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    that Better not have been the ending! dang it dang it dang it! get something as end this story, cause that is NOT AN ENDING..
    it is however en excellent post!

12. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    That's not the ending, is it? Please, say it isn't so!

What was up with that Jacen reference? What mess is he in now?

13. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    :eek: Wow. Once again, you have outdone yourself! Holy cow was that good!!

I expecially liked the letter. It seems like something she would have written.

Very nice job! I can't wait for more.... I hope there's more!

14. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I thought it was a perfect ending, and I'd love to see you fill in the gaps from a different POV.

My favorite line --> ?Bacta always does make you irritable. I have missed your bacta-induced mood swings.? [face_laugh]

Jaina's message to Jag was very apropos for the tone and sincerity I would expect from her at the end of the war.

Bravo =D=

15. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Squishy!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!

It was a fantastic post!

I too love what you did with the ending and I think that the note was very much appropriate based on the place that I envision Jaina being after the war. You were absolutely right when you said she needed to find herself. She does. Even if she and Jag were meant to be together, she has to know who she is and be okay with herself before she can be good for him.

I hope you keep writing!

16. baby-jade

baby-jade Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_| it can't be over[face_worried]

this is gonna be me if its over

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.