main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get off Lucas' back!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthWolfie, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    Actually, people like Gomer-Tonic and "banned from the ranch" could be known as Star Wars extremists.

2. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I just want all of you to know that because of this heated debate I'm gonna go see AotC again tonight!!! Just lettin' all of you know.

3. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I feel George Lucas is a wonderful and amazingly talented individual.

To accomplish all that he has, not just in quantity, but also in quality and to do it with all the roles and responsibilities that he has (he doesn't just "direct", he doesn't just "write", he doesn't just "anything") and the limited experience he has in some of those areas (directing, for example) and the time he spent away from some of those areas (again, directing, for example) is amazing.

I'm sure Lucas appreciates the efforts of those who have helped him and I'm sure he appreciates the fans and I'm sure he cares more and works harder than any of his fans and critics know.

In STAR WARS, Lucas has created something that is very popular. Something that can be enjoyed by everone and is enjoyed by many.

I have the highest standards for Lucas and for STAR WARS. I trust Lucas. He knows what he is doing. I fully appreciate Lucas' efforts and the results of those efforts. George Lucas has done things his way and he has done very well. Great for him. :)

4. I_WAS_JUST_BANNED

I_WAS_JUST_BANNED Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    I don't even know you newbie.

To quote Nute Gunray: "You assume to much."

Some of us bear the awful shame of occasionally needing a new user name because we speak our mind, not what "big brother" tells us we can say and think. Aug 02 is not indicative of how long I've been coming here, but when the last time I posted something controversial. I try not to be to crass, but sometimes people misinterpret things.

Politeness and respect have always been something I believe people should earn, not be given blindly. Too many people here say awful things and expect to be treated with respect because it's the rules and not because they earned it. And admittedly, I sometimes rather enjoy going after someone with the exact same attack they launch on myself or someone else, to see how much they like thier own medicine. It usually gets threads locked. Sorry. I don't start the argument though, I just usually pick it apart using the same warped logic that started it.

5. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Some of us bear the awful shame of occasionally needing a new user name because we speak our mind, not what "big brother" tells us we can say and think. Aug 02 is not indicative of how long I've been coming here, but when the last time I posted something controversial.

Did by chance this "something controversial" happen to be a derogatory and insulting character attack? That's really the only thing you can be banned on this forum for.

If you're sincerely disturbed by the Star Wars "big brother", you can post to a more democratic forum the likes of rec.arts.starwars.misc or whatever it's called. Everyone knows the "real fans" are all on USENET anyway.

6. I_WAS_JUST_BANNED

I_WAS_JUST_BANNED Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    Did by chance this "something controversial" happen to be a derogatory and insulting character attack?

No Tokyo, I wouldn't stoop to your level. I'd much rather watch you flounder when other people attack you.

That's really the only thing you can be banned on this forum for.

No it isn't, you catch the wrong mod in a bad mood some days and you wind up in the slammer for nothing at all. Don't ever use sarcasm, it has no effect here.

7. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I WAS JUST BANNED,

Conveineintly ignored the rest of my post. Sure sign of someone not interested in a logical conversation but more interested in causing trouble. Were you aware that the mods WILL be able to tell who you previously were and also IP ban you from coming here ever again. Nice knowing you.

8. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

And we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.