main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get off the roads!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm going to test for my permit next tuesday. The super duper bad news is that if I don't pass this thing, for some weird reason, I don't get to go to Plano(yells about the unfairnss of this under breath). But everyone says I should pass it, so, just as fair warning, after the 7th, I'll be able to drive. I would stay away from any silver saturns w/ a union tag on the front if I were you. Just kidding, unless you really thin I'm a bad driver, lol. So, if you guys and gals could please keep me in your thoughts til this I get this dumb test over with, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

2. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Thats cool Shelbi. One word of wisdom though, when the guy tells you to stop at the stop sign and make a right turn, its a good idea to actually turn right and not left like I did. I still passed but man was that embarrassing. Anyway good luck.

3. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Best friend growing up had his birthday the day after mine, so we ended up taking our tests on the same day. The exit from the Highway Patrol station was 2-way. Tester told him to turn left and he did so from the left lane. When your test starts off with the tester saying "WHAT THE $H*T ARE YOU THINKING?!", it's typically not a good sign. He passed too.

My parallel parking consisted of me pulling in behind a parked car on the side of the road. Not 2, just one.

You'll be fine. But, just stay on the south side of tulsa and I'll stay in Owasso and we shouldn't have any problems :) Good luck!

4. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I thought to get a permit all you had to do was pass the written portion of the test. you don't have to pass both the written and the driving until you get the real thing. unless it's changed since i did it.

5. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I think your right Mike its just the written this time. But you never know back in Paul and Brents time maybe you had to take both. >;) Shellby one word of advise to you STUDY about motorcycles. Last I heard there was 4 questions on the test about them. Good luck and May the force be with you

6. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    LOL, Mike's right, I just have to pass a writen test first. The driving test can't happen til the last day in march :mad:. But your advice is still helpfull since I have to have 3 hours behind the wheel with my instructor to pass drivers ed, and I'm driving Saturday. Oh, and there are now like 5 different versions of the test Otto, so I don't know exactly what ones I'll get.

7. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Good luck Shelbi. I remember how excited I was when I got mine.

8. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm sure you can drive much better than all the flapping head Canadians I just spent the week with (j/k)! I just spent the week in Toronto and what a holy mess traffic is! Good luck Shelbi and May the force be with you our young padawan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Well everyone, I have good news, especially for Billy and Kenzi, and bad news. Ok, I took my permit test today after school...

And I didn't miss any!!! Also, kinda off the subject, but still cool, I got a digital video camera that I can take to Plano. The bad news, for some of you anyway, is that my mom and dad are going to let me start driving right away, well, as soon as I can get the actual permit from the tag agency.

10. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Congratulations Shelbi!!!!

Take lots of pics for us suckers who can't go!

11. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey Shelb congrats!!

Thats great you got your permit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.