main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get pumped for Revenge of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Rise_Of_Thrawn, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Did I hear a bell because I think I just got schooled. :p

2. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I've never heard that one before. :p

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    ^^^ What you've never heard that before, have you been dead or something :p

4. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Nope. :p

I just don't get out much. ;)

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Matt knows more than the rest of us put together, but he doesn't get out much. [face_thinking]

Are you related to Ken Jennings, Matt? 8-}

I think my wife Tina is counting down the days till ROTS....so I won't be on here as much.

Little does she know....

6. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Ironically, the only episode of Jeapardy I watched with him on it was the episode he lost.

And yeah... the two weeks or so after the film will be crazy...

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    You guys werent thinking about SW when ROTK came out???!?!?!

When the Matrix sequels came out, I was just sooo excited...The Matrix is just like, SOOO cool and philosohpical like...I completley forgot that SW ever existed!!!!111!!!1111!!!!!

I know at least both our Mods are HUGE Matrix fans and probably watch Reloaded 4 or 5 times a day, depending on work schedules :p

8. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    "The Matrix is overrated." -- Ousley

I promise I said it long before Windy!

9. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    "LOTR is overrated!"

- Stormcloud

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    "Both are awesome" GMK

11. spaceace27

spaceace27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    Thank you, Emperor Windu...The Matrix sequels blew my mind too! Of course I still can't wait till Episode III, but so much has happened to me in the last year or so (Metallica,Aerosmith and The Tragically Hip) that I've been able to keep my mind off of Star Wars for long periods of time.

12. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Just read a new spy report not long ago.

My excitement level just increased exponentially.

Seriously.

This movie will blow you away. I don't think I can accurately portray in words how much this movie will rock.

:D :D :D :D :D

13. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    so thrawn, your name is thrawn right?, on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate rots?

14. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    It's really hard to say. I'd like to say a 10, because it seems like it's gonna complete own any other SW films, but I don't know enough details about certain things yet... so I'm gonna give it a 9.... for now.

Expect that to change once I know more. ;)

15. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I am really excited for ROTS. I didint like TPM or AOTC much butI think ROTS will be good.

/,,/
    Rock on!

16. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    "Good" is the understatement of the day. :D

17. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    You know you are getting "pumped" for ROTS when you have dreams about the plot and you are one of the main characters (I've had several this year)!

I agree with ya', Stormcloud, regarding not getting my expectations up too high. However, this is one saga that I don't seem to get bored with; I do take breaks from it, but, when I pick the story line up again, I see things that I didn't see before.

I liked the pod racing scene in TPM--just a foretaste of Anakin being the "best starfighter in the galaxy..."

Anakin's confession to Padme about the Tusken raiders in AOTC left me with a feeling like getting the wind knocked out of me (I was "frozen" in my seat when I heard his speech!). It was like, "Oh, so Darth Vader losing his mother when he was young is what starts to drive him to be the "machine" he is in episodes 4-6."

Regarding Episode III, I read a report from GL & Co. sources that said ROTS will pretty much exhaust the "jedi bag of tricks." I'm sure I will see it several times when it comes out--"I've got a good feeling about this."

It's going to be that good. ;)

18. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Well, I'm back after a month of Internet restraint.

And yes, I think about this movie every day. I get more pumped all the time. Trouble is, I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep coming back here in the months before May. I really like this site, and haven't touched the spoilers forum, but I feel I know too much already?I'm trying to stay trailer-free. It's nice to speculate, but these threads are starting to reveal too many specifics for me, like that one about the planets featured in ROTS. Granted that may be officially?released info, but I'd rather find that kind of stuff out myself in the movie. Not to scorn the posters of that thread or anything.

I thought I did pretty good dodging TPM spoilers?changing channels at previews or covering my ears, etc. AOTC, however, went very poorly for me. The whole thing was spoiled for me by the time I got to see it. Partly due to hearing people talk about it at school, but mostly due to a certain toy commercial saying: "Anakin faces off against Darth Tyranus with dual lightsabers!!" The Tyranus toy is obviously Christopher Lee's character. Yeah. There goes the movie.

So yeah. If I want this to be the best experience it can be for me, I'm going to have to be very, very careful in the coming months.

19. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Hey Rise of Thrawn, I'm with ya! Episode III is going to be incredible, I just left the spoiler forum because I was learning and seeing things that I wanted to wait to see. But with what I have read Episode III will make all of the Star Wars films better especially ROTJ, which is my fave too. Thrawn feel free to PM me, so we can talk about what we know.. I'm in 3SA withdrawl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.