main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get ready for YET another CW Month Delay...Feb 12th-March 19th.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Redfivee, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, who knows? Highly unlikely doesn't mean impossible..

Maybe the Satine icon is just making me a delusional dreamer.8-}

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, I only hope they realize that even kids will stop watching the show eventually is the breaks continue. Though it won't be for the same reason as us, they will. Kids today always change their mind about their favorite things. If they keep turning on their TV on Friday noghts and The Clone Wars isn't there, they will forget about it and move on to something else. So even if they don't care about us fans, they should worry about losing the fickle minds of American five-year-olds.

3. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    TCW is an odd bird in that I think we actually *do* have some say in its content-- at least a little more than the average rabid fanbase does with Show X-- because Filoni and LFL do pay a bit of attention and they [Luke]care[/Luke]. Of course they are generally a season and some change ahead of our reaction to any given episode, but they do seem to pay attention.

But Cartoon Network and their scheduling department? No, they aren't going to pay us no mind nohow.

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's a particularly lovely icon. [face_coffee] I love the all inclusive rainbow of people that are into this show. But the big bad ugly corporate world just doesn't care.

I'm really getting a kick out observing the irrestible force of Star Wars fan entitlement coming up against the immovable object of TV ratings injustices. It's like the ultimate Wrestlemania match. God help us all if the Live Action Series goes to Network TV, especially Fox. :oops:

Fistofan1: if that were to happen, then that would be the only thing to change Cartoon Network's absurd schedule. The fact is though, it simply hasn't happened, and Clone Wars is a ratings giant for their station. As G_M pointed out earlier in this thread, the ratings actually go up after a break.

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed, Filoni is one of us. Lucasfilm and Warner Home Video probably care about us. But Lucasfilm spends next to nothing on advertising TCW to adult fans. Like I said earlier, the $40 Complete Season DVDs, with their in-depth interviews are most likely the main source of adult fan revenue. But at that point, they've bludgeoned the kid market with cheaper 3 episode DVDs.

6. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    And your icon is.. well.. it's got nice colors in it.[face_coffee]

If some kids lose interest, other kids can just take their place as new viewers. I don't know why, but TCW episodes don't seem to air that often. I don't see any season 1 reruns showing; maybe to encourage people to buy the DVDs? Not like anything from season 1 would cause confusion, I think Hostage Crisis was the only one you might be confused without.

7. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    You know, I bet those are actually real sales dogs. There's no big campaign to pitch them to the kid audience, so they probably only sell to indifferent parents who pick them up on a whim as babysitter discs, or kids who happen to see them at Target while the parents are shopping for something else and beg to take one home. The only adult consumers who are probably aware of them on the release schedule are... well, us, and we know better.

I actually tide the kids over with iTunes downloads until the complete season boxes arrive. Works like a charm and is pretty easy on the pocket book, in addition to being a really nice way to enjoy the show without commercials and dancing baloney in the corner of the picture the whole time.

8. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    That's exactly the strategy that Warners Home Video has admitted to since at least the DVD releases of the DC Animated shows, like Batman the Animated Series, Superman, Justice League and Teen Titans. They say that parents are less likely to impulse buy a $30-$50 boxed set, and that kids would rather beg for similarly priced video games.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    So how long is the break now?

It was originally supposed to be 3 weeks but we got Duchess of Mandalore last Friday instead of on February 5th.

This Friday is a re-run of Lightsaber Lost but what happens next Friday?

10. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    Oh, man, I totally remember that. Now I'm having Vietnam War-esque flashbacks to all the entitled whining about the way Nick treated that show...the break between seasons 2 and 3 felt like two headache-inducing lifetimes.

11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I think it's important to point out that Sweeps Week doesn't apply to cable television shows. It only applies to CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CW, as opposed to cable programming. Unless this has recently changed, this was true about 3 years ago. I was doing a comparative analysis of Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly, in which both were accused of pandering to sweeps week and both stated that sweeps week didn't apply to cable television.

I just thought it might help to know that.

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Interesting. I can't seem to find much info on sweeps and cable. The Nielsen's wiki says that sweeps week "provides a basis for program scheduling and advertising decisions for local television stations, cable systems, and advertisers."

Either way, its apparent that it doesn't seem to apply to Clone Wars/CN. Also, the Olympics may actually be the key factor in the "delay."

13. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    February 26: The Mandalore Plot

Source: Cartoon Network schedule

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Even if cable shows don't do sweeps week, it's naive to think that they don't focus group every single facet of their respective existences.

15. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    The problem is that, as fans, we have little precedent for this show. Other than shows like Avatar, and some comic book superhero shows, I don't think most of us have followed the production and ratings of a prime-time, kid-oriented American animated program. That's why I feel the reactions and expections have been so all over the map, ranging from expection of Droids/Ewoks quality, to assuming that it will be equivalent to Adult Swim fare or imported anime.

Even when CN picked up the show, they admitted that it was an odd fit for their programming schedule.

16. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    OH, man why can't they reshow the episodes I missed at the start of the season, like Doom, Children of the Force, Landing at Farpoint, and yes even Senate Spy ... I have watched them after a fashion on u tube but not completely and in HD.

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    So is this now a 3 week break instead of a 4 week?

The mandalore shows will tide me over. They were gooood.

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Landing at Point Rain, you mean. :p
    That wasn't the best episode, in my opinion. I liked Cargo of Doom.

19. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    opps:oops: I guess I won't say were farpoint came from[face_whistling]

I still have not seen the last four minutes of Landing at point rain and children of the force which is another reason why I really would like those to be repeated.

20. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    They haven't replayed Landing since the first week it aired. :mad:

21. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    That's a shame for folks who haven't seen it yet. It's the absolute best thing they've done yet IMO. Even if I've missed a few...

Which makes me applaud the ones they are rerunning, as I missed both of 'em! Now I just have to wait on The Deserter! :)

22. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    March 5th on Cartoon Network: Voyage of Temptation. This is ridiculous.

23. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I give up, what an extremely rude way to treat your audience. How on earth are they going to build up the audience when they are so inconsistent with the release of new episodes?

Another frustrating thing is that the next episode (whenever it shows up), doesn?t even sound like a good one.

24. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I wonder if TCW will ever find its way somewhere else, besides CN? Could it have a place on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel? ABC Family or Syfy? CN might be annoying with the schedules, but they are kind of known to have cartoons that are a little more bold and.. freaky. That upcoming Adventure Time show looks way weird.

25. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    at this rate season 3 will start before season 2 finishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.