main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get ready for YET another CW Month Delay...Feb 12th-March 19th.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Redfivee, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes I'd guess Easter Break and then end of the season by end of April.

It's quite possible they could have 2-3 more "doubleheader" nights as well.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's like the Eopie farting on Jar Jar. It's just indefensible.

3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah 5 weeks without a new episode is a slap in the face to fans and to lucasfilm.Hell CN doesn't even promote TCW at all anymore.Last year I would throw on CN for afew hours and every other break would be a CW promo.Now I really haven't seen a single one since the beggining of S2 back in October.

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I guess at least this way it's going through May. June-October might be a little easier to take than March-October.

5. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Total madness. I've never understood the interruptions to the runs of American TV shows in the first place (here in Europe homegrown stuff tends to run every week for an admittedly shorter season, with really only Christmas and rare sporting events getting in the way), but this just seems crazy. We keep hearing about how the joy of the TV show is sitting down with family to watch it each week... how are we supposed to manage that, exactly? There are six months worth of episodes, they should run for six months, then go on repeat until the next season is ready. It's not that complicated.

6. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    This was to be expected. We've had 4 break-free weeks now. I've had my dose of CW for now, I can wait for another month.

It was worse back when they had three weeks break, showed an episode, then went on a three week break AGAIN! This time it's much less annoying.

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    My, how low our standards for weekly television scheduling have become! :rolleyes:

8. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Maybe they have new shows to promote, and other cartoons that more under their control. Maybe CN would rather focus on the funny 2D stuff than the action stuff like TCW.

And this doesn't sound like a good reason why they'd have all these breaks, but maybe they want to have enough of season 3 done. I remember when season 1 ended there was a commercial right after about season 2..

9. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    If this is the case then it seems odd that they would run repeats of previous TCW episodes in the same slot rather than substituting it with another series.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Oh gods! At least I can catch up and watch 'Duchess of Mandalore'(damn DRL!:mad: And I hope after this they have them on weekly although...o_O

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    My guess would be that the season would end in early May, and therefore S3 will be pushed back further in October most likely.

These non-stop breaks (and this 5 week break is the longest we've had this season) are making the show "an okay one" for me. I'm actually not excited for the upcoming episodes. :p
    But, of course I'll still watch them.

12. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    The schedule this season has been really erratic. Remember when they suddenly changed the time of the show from 8:00 (or was it 8:30?) to 9:00, and they only announced it on the day of the change? What was up with that? And now we're getting long breaks at seemingly random times. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

13. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I don't think we had a break this long in season 1 either... or did we? That would make this the longest break ever, right?

Anyway, I'm not really looking forward to the next few episodes either... but who knows, they may turn out surprisingly good.

14. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Uggh! What is it with CN and them wanting to screw their shows over? Seriously, they first killed JLU's rating by pulling stuff like this (delays, lack of promos, etc.), then Naruto, now the Clone Wars too?!? WHY DO YOU DESPISE COMIC, ANIME, AND MOVIE NERDS CN!?!!!?! WHY!?!?!?

I just thought of something, JLU and Naruto were GOOD shows (especially JLU)....and CN killed them both. CN hates good shows!!! XD

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You can't always blame Cartoon Network for the show's constant delays. You have to realize that they only host/air TCW. It could be a problem internally (Lucasfilm). Most likely they're behind schedule or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.