main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get the Gun... Red Steel & Red Steel 2 [Wii]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by RevantheJediMaster, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not as bad as reviews would indicate- however the controls do take awhile to get used to, and tehre are some limitations when it comes to turning around quickly, however that problem can generally be avoided/reduced to a less annoying state through the increased aiming accuracy the control scheme provides, combined with the focusing abilities.

2. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Me and my friend were taking turns on that level.

I was certain you had to get onto the chair lift, of course he didn't listen and tried to go up the hill with the exploding bunnies, he died the first time, but the second time he got through. You are actually suppose to take that route and go and collect a gun basically back where you started, and then get onto the chair lift from one of the sides.

Hope that helps. lol at Power Rangers

3. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    So I somehow climb the hill, then hop on the chair, go back down, collect the item from the freaky doll, then ride the chair back up to exit?

Oh, bloody hell.

4. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Wait no that doesn't sound right. You've got to some how get up the hill dodging the exploding rabbits, then take the stairs up and head back from the door at the very beginning of the level, and follow until you reach a shotgun, I think, it will load a checkpoint. Then you have to head back out again and take the lift further up to the left side. Then there will be enemies....Power RAngers

5. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Wikipedia has a sequal to Red Steel listed under the list of Wii games.. :)

6. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Well, let's hope so. Red Steel is great. Little rushed, but still fun. Though wiki isn't the most reliable source.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd love to see a Red Steel sequel in about 2 years when they could integrate any FPS control advancements made with Wii controls that arise over the next year or so, would make for a much smoother game.

8. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    Thanks for the explanation:D

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Official Nintendo Magazine: Red Steel 2 Online?

The good folks over at GoNintendo unearthed a teaser page for a forthcoming issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (Nintendo?s official magazine in the UK), and what they found is interesting, to say the least. Splashed across the screen are some paint-style symbols with the line ?Your Move, Young Grasshoppa? and the subtext ?Bigger. Better. Bolder. Bloodier. And oh -- it?s online.?

There are many games the teaser might be referring to -- including a hypothetical Okami remake or developer Grasshopper?s upcoming No More Heroes. The subtext?s language, however, seems to suggest a sequel rather than an original IP or a remake, and an online-enabled Red Steel 2 -- a first person shooter -- makes far more sense than other titles.

10. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Let's hope that Red Steel 2 looks back at history. Every game on N64 after Goldeneye had that control scheme. And every game on Xbox after Halo had that control scheme. And every game after Metroid Prime 3 had better have that control scheme...

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though I think it's likely- the N64 example is slightly flawed in that while most shooters took after GoldenEye, there were others who took after Turok's control scheme.

12. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Besides other Turoks? :p I kid.

13. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    If Turok had the messed up joystick=sidestep/c-button=look, then Rainbow 6 had that as well.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Red Steel 2 confirmed

According to the short preview in the magazine, Ubisoft revealed little about Red Steel 2 (which doesn't even have a real title yet), but they did confirm that it is in development and that it will feature "better controls, better AI, better multiplayer and online play."

15. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Yay!

Though I like how better controls is their first focus.

16. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I've been thinking about getting this since I just got my Wii as something other to play then SMG. I saw it Best Buy for $29.99. I saw my friend playing it one day and thought it would be pretty fun with the control scheme.

What does everyone think?

17. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    It's not bad but it is a pretty generic FPS once the control scheme is ignored. I enjoyed it as a launch title but better FPS have come out since, notably Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I think it was Call of Duty 4 on the Wii that currently has the title of "Best FPS controls on Wii" but I don't play war shooters so I don't know.

Red Steel is great for a launch title first effort. It has some bugs, but is overall pretty good. FOr the low cost, it's probably worth it.

18. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Alright, that's cool. I know my friend did reccomend Metroid Prime 3, although I had never played any of the previous Metroids. And I had no idea CoD4 was on Wii, although I already have it for 360.

But, thanks for the tip; I'll be thinking about it next time I'm in the store. :)

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Red Steel is a decent alunch title- it looks good, and shooting is very accurate and realistic so long as you don't have to turn around a lot. I love the zoom/focus controls too. The sword bits are simplistic but not bad. The multiplayer needs some work though- the screen is very disorienting in 2 player split mode, but 4 player split mode looks good, but only gives you a small area to aim in.

I suggest waiting for this sequel to hit, since a lot of these issues will likely be corrected by then.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump!

So, the WiiMotion Plus-enhanced RS2 is out now- it's seemingly been getting pretty good reviews and calling it a successful reboot of the series. Anyone picked it up yet? I definitely intend to grab it sometime this year, as I even enjoyed the original (at least parts of it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.