main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI get to know each other

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Kettch, Jul 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tylirion

Darth_Tylirion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Huntress-

What time of the day was the birth? 4:43am! :)

As for Mac - "Hell Week" was my most favoritest episode. The best line ever came from that show, "There is nothing worse than a physicist stupified by the obvious!"

Angus Rules!

DT

2. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    DoubleAgent:

You ever see Disciple live?

They totally ROCK! Real tight set. Sound as good live as on CD!

3. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Unfortunately, no. I never seem to find out about local concert appearances until it's too late.

I would like to though, should they pass by again.

4. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
  5. Jedi_Mistress_Anji

Jedi_Mistress_Anji Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    Hey All, I know this is an older thread but being a newbie I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am hoping to attend the June meeting and look forward to meeting everyone

Name: Angela

DOB: 4/24/65

Sign: Taurus

Hobbies: Reading, gardening, sewing, Star Wars, Yoga (if you can call that a hobby), just took up running.

Color: Forest green and deep purple.

Animal: Dogs

Films: The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Usual Suspects, The Matrix, MIB, The Silence of the Lambs, X-Men.

Music: I have very eclectic taste and will listeed to anything that sounds good. I especially love traditional Celtic music.

Cartoon: Scooby-Doo, Josie and the Pussycats, Bugs Bunny.

Book: The Stand and It-Stephen King (the TV movie adaptations were AWFUL, the books are wonderful).

TV: The X-Files, Alias.

Food: Pizzapapalis Spinach Chicago-Style pizza.

Cheering up: Talk to my kids, play with my dog (he never has a bad day).

Regret: Starting nursing school at 37 instead of 10 years ago when I should have.

Want to be: A kick-ass X-Wing Pilot. ANH came out when I was 12 and I wanted to be Luke Skywalker sssooooo badly, who cares if I was a girl.

Job: Forensic Technician for Detroit P.D. In nursing school and hoping to work as a hospice nurse.

Dream Job: Being involved in Star Wars production in any way, shape or form. Film production has fascinated me since seeing ANH for the first time. My former DPD partner will be starting film school this fall and I am sick with envy.

Family: My hubby of 18 years because he is my best friend and my wonderful son and daughter. They are the most awesome people.
    I am proud to be their mom.

Where I would live: Naboo Lake Country...What a spectacularly beautiful place.

Before I die: See my kids grow into the exceptional adults they will become (the Force is strong in them :D), travel to all the places I want to see, have some (good) adventure in my life.

6. JediKnight_Skywalker

JediKnight_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Name- Tom

Nickname- Too many to post

DOB- March 30, 1986

Star Sign- Aries

Other message boards- None

Hobbies- Star Wars, working out, martial arts, hockey, movies, music

Favorite Color- Green

Favorite Animal- Tiger

Favorite Films besides SW- All Bruce Lee, Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, All Natalie Portman movies, Detroit Rock City

Favorite Music- Beatles, KISS, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..)- Dragonball Z

Favorite Book- Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Favorite TV program- WWE, NHL

Favorite Food- Pizza, Maccoroni and Cheese

Favorite Actors/Actresses- Natalie Portman

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why?- Coruscant, to see the city and mostly to go to the Jedi Temple

7. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Darth_Tylirion posted:
    Huntress-

What time of the day was the birth? 4:43am!

My mom's not sure, and I can't find my babybook at the moment...but the guess is sometime just after midnight. :)

8. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Jedi_Knight_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Your Name - Dale

Nickname ? Dallas, Dolo, D lo, Jedi_Knight_Fisto

D.O.B ? 1-27-86

Star sign - aquaries (i think)

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? none

Have you got a website? what is it? - sohesays.tripod.com (i think, haven't updated it in a while. Its a resident evil one)

Hobbies ? working out, videos games, star wars, my computer, working, watching movies, and other stuff

Favourite Colour - blue

Favourite Animal - white tiger

Favourite film(s)(besides SW) ? war movies, D&D, natalie portman movies, training day, fast and the furious, girl fight, resident evil, and others i can not think of.

Favourite musical artist(s) or group(s) - eminem and the beatles

Favourite song(s) ? anything by eminem or the beatles is good

Favourite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..) Dragon Ball Z and Beast Wars (a computer animated show)

Favourite Book (up to now) ? Shadows of the Empier

Favourite tv programme ? I don't really watch too much tv so it would have to be DBZ

Favourite food ? Pizza, and I work at a Pizza Plave : )

Favourite actors/actresses ? vin deasle(sp?) and arnold schwartzaneger(sp) and natalie portman and michelle rodriguez

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? go to sleep

What do you most regret doing? ? spending all my money!

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why?
    Anakin Skywalker because I like the way he handles things. I think I tend to act like him sometimes. Also I like the way he gets pissed off all the time. That's just like me : )

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? go to school and work at Jets Pizza

What's your dream job? ? Owning a Jets Pizza

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ?
    My cousin because we use to do everything together. We would seriously hang out every day and do stuff like make star wars movies with actiong figures and other cool stuff. He moved to Washington so now I only get to see him like once a year.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? I dont know if this counts but I would want to go in the Death Star. That'd be cool.

9. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey Jedi_Knight_Fisto! You have the same b-day as me! Not the same year, though. Very cool.

10. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey Jayna thats awesome! What's your year?

11. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    Jayna - 1983 duh. I looked at your thing. Hey it seems we are very much alike. Neither of us watch much tv, we both like dbz, we both like pizza, and though I didn't post this but I think all those educational channels are cool (like the discorvery channel). It's nice to know there are people like me out there. : )

12. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Hi all!! I've been at the boards for about 10 months now, and had no idea Mich had a fanforce!! I live over in East Lansing (go Spartans!!) and have since forever! :p

If it had not been for the force, (and RoyalGuard96 over there ;) ) I would have never found you!

Here I go!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~

Your Name - Emma

Nickname ? At the boards: Chicks, Chick, Obichiqueta, hey you. My friends: Em, Emma, Higgins.

D.O.B ? September 3, 1984

Star sign - Virgo

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? GalacticSenate.com (Emma Kenobi) and Fanfiction.net (Emma Kenobi)

Have you got a website? what is it? - nope

Hobbies ? reading, writing, watching movies, sleeping, going on the Internet, hanging out with my friends, making costumes.

Favourite Colour- umm, if I had to say, probably blue.

Favourite Animal-tamed: cats. Wild: Dolphins

Favourite film(s)(besides SW) ? Moulin Rouge, Harry Potter, LotR: FotR, Godfather Trilogy, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Gladiator, The Matrix, erm...that's all I can think of now...

Favourite musical artist(s) or group(s) - DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!!! John Williams, Dido, Moulin Rouge soundtrack, Ewan McGregor.

Favourite song(s) ? Any the aforementioned groups/people sing.

Favourite cartoon as a child- She-Ra: Princess of Power, Muppet Babies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and (i dunno if this counts) Seaseme Street.

Favourite Book (up to now) ? ARG!! You just had to ask, didn't you?? Well, anything Star Wars, almost, Harry Potter, Black Hawk Down, LotR, argh, I know I'm missing some...

Favourite tv programme ? Oh, ER, Red Wings Games, The Simpsons.

Favourite food ? Um, anything with sugar or caffine, also Italian and Mexican and Chinese

Favourite actors/actresses ? Ewan McGregor, Harrison Ford, Sam L. Jackson, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Carrie Fisher, Keira Knightly.

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Talk to my friends, scream into my pillow, run, listen to music, chat with ppl on the Internet.

What do you most regret doing? ? Not being true to myself all the time.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why?- Oh, ummm...Princess Leia. She's smart and beautiful, she strong, intelligent, witty, has the Force, famous, has a wonderful husband and never gives up.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ?I write papers almost continually for college. ;)

What's your dream job? ? Re-write the entire EU for GL, work in the marketing department of LFL and get some good merchendise out there for girls and women. (aka, T-shirts that acutally FIT?)

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ? My sister, Rachel (aka Dorme on these boards). She's three years younger, and I can't remember a time when we weren't best friends. We fight and five minutes later, we're friends again. :)

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Alderaan. It sounds gorgeous, I would travel all over, visit the palace, go to a beach and swim, meet a handsome Alderaanian guy and sit at a cafe on the streets of Aldera and drink Caf and talk until midn

13. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    ObisChick-
    I live in Okemos,hi neighbor! :)

14. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hey neighbor!! :D :D !! This is cool!!

~Obischick

15. Material_Boi

Material_Boi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Hello also ObisChick! I too live in Okemos! Hey, ya never know, I might already know you! ^_^ (Hee) Anyways, yeah. I would be posting more often, but i've been busy with work...

16. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Sept. 3rd? That makes us birthday-neighbors (17 years apart).

Hello birthday-neighbor! :D

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    :D :D :D :D

Yay!! Star Wars neighbors!!

~Obischick

18. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Location - Livoina, MI
    Your Name - Mark

Nickname ? None that I really have

D.O.B ? may 3, 1974 6:20 pm EDT

Star sign - Taurus

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Crazy old wizard domain, Yoda900

Have you got a website? what is it? -

I wish

Hobbies ? Star Wars (naturally), traveling, reading, walking, biking, sports, movies, play the violin, hanging out on the internet, watching the red wings, tigers, lions and Pistons etc....

Favourite Colour - blue

Favourite Animal - I don't have a favorite

Favourite film(s)(besides SW) ? BAck to the Future, Terminator, Jurrasic Park, Indy, Superman, Amudeus, ID4, and many many others

Favourite musical artist(s) or group(s) - The Beatles, Mozart , and how about good old John Williams!

Favourite song(s) ? alomst anything by the beatles or Mozart

Favourite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..) superfrends, transformers, pink panther , more recently, Batman, spiderman

Favourite Book (up to now) ? don't know :(

Favourite tv programme ? smallville, Dark Angel, Home improvement , the Simpsons and many others

Favourite food ? Hands down- Buddy's Pizza

Favourite actors/actresses ? none really

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? go out for a walk or call someone, sometimes I will throw in a star Wars movie

What do you most regret doing? ? I don't really know

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? I would not want to be anyone but me

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) - I sleep too. but lets see, I am an engineer, not right now due to lots of layoffs, but since I will be an engineer agian once these layoffs end, I think it is still safe to say I am an engineer

What's your dream job? ? retire with millions of dollars so I can travel the world

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? I am closest to my brother, I talk to him pretty much every week, even though He lives in MN now, but I am close to all family pretty much

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ?
    I assure you it would not be Tattoine, nor would it be dagobah, I would like to see Hoth cuz I love the cold, but I would love curuscant for the amazement of it, and Naboo, becuase it is so elegant and beautiful. I would not mind being on the death star either, cuz noone, and I mean noone would mess with me >:)

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3)
    Become a multimillionaire in my 30s so I can travel the world and do it nicely
    find a girlfriend so I can eventually have a wife and have a family etc..
    Help mankind

your turn!

-----signature-----
    Yub, Yub Y'all

19. TK1260

TK1260 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Your Name - Bob

Nickname ? Bob, TK1260
    D.O.B ? December 12 1960

Star sign - Sag

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? 501st, TK1260

Have you got a website? what is it? -

www.Imperial-Stormtrooper.com(I just started it so don't laugh)

Hobbies ? DV video, making movies, my house(sorry that is a job !)

Favourite Color - blue

Favourite Animal - Ruffus my dog, except when he chases after rabbits

Favourite film(s)(besides SW) ? Gamera - Gaurdian of the Universe, Blue Velvet, Eraser Head, Flight of the Navigator, 2001, any Arnold Movie, Austin Powers

Favourite musical artist(s) or group(s) - all but country and Tool.

Favourite song(s) ? Moby and any 80's music, I even bought the Milli Vanilli video (I thought it might be a collectors item)

Favourite cartoon as a child
    Bugs Bunny, Thunder Cats

Favourite Book (up to now) ?

Favourite tv programme ? Babylon 5/Star Trek

Favourite food ? My Moms

Favourite actors/actresses ? Harrison Ford/Jammie Lee Curtis

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Music

What do you most regret doing? ? Leaving San Diego

Ruffus my Dog, He has it made.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? Unix Systems Engineer

What's your dream job? ? Movie director

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? all of them.
    why? ? Have you met my family? You have no choice! we're Polish....

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Death Star, well it looks like a small moon!

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ?
    1) see Bush out of office
    2) Direct a movie
    3) build my armor

20. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Yoda900... where abouts in Livonia? I grew up out there and my Parents live over near the Inkster/Plymouth road intersection.

21. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I am near 7 mile and Farmington/ Gill rd.

I went to Stevenson.

You must have either went to Churchill or Franklin I am guessing.

I graduated in 92

22. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    . . . bump . . .

23. Luscious

Luscious Jedi Master star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    Your Name - Troy

Nickname ? Luscious (it was my nickname in high school and it stuck)

D.O.B ? September 18, 1981

Star sign - Virgo

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? I don?t post to other boards ? not enough time

Have you got a website? what is it? - nope ? but if you want to see what I look like my pic is up for rating at hotornot.com ?. Ladies feel free to go there and rate me but go easy on me ok?

Hobbies ? partying with my friends, going to concerts (screw DTE Energy Music Theater ? it will always be Pine Knob to me), movies, boating (I live on a lake and wouldn?t trade it for anything ? well maybe a million bucks ?.), reading, listening to music

Favourite Colour - red

Favourite Animal - Koala Bear (yes I think there cute ? no I?m not gay .. hence the nickname ?. )

Favourite film(s)(besides SW) ? That?s tough ? I love movies and there are so many good ones so I?ll list the first five really good ones I can think of: Godfather I and II, Scarface, Wonderboys and Austin Powers

Favourite musical artist(s) or group(s) ? Paul Van Dyk, Paul Okenfold ? too many to list here ?

Favourite Book (up to now) ? From Freedom to Slavery by Jerry Spence

Favourite tv programme ? The Practice, Sex and the City, The Sopranos

Favourite Food ? Ribs

Favourite actors/actresses ? Al Pacino (Could you tell by my favorite movie list?) / Sarah Jessica Parker (she?s not in many movies but man ? she?s so cute on Sex and the City ? most people think I?m nuts for thinking she?s hot but there?s just something about her)

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? I don?t feel down very often but when I do, I call my friends and go do something ? there?s no sense in sitting around feeling sorry for yourself ? get out there and do something

What do you most regret doing? ? Moving in with my ex girlfriend my second year of college ? we were both way, way, way to young to be living together ? sure we lived in an apartment with two other people (it was a big apartment, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) but you should be partying and having fun when your 20 ? not tied down and practically married ? but live and learn ?.. besides we had fun and we are both probably better people for going through the experience so it wasn?t a total loss

Brad Pitt ?. Let?s see, he?s young, rich, famous, successful and married to Jennifer Anneston ?. need I saw more?

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? Go to college, work part time, party with my friends (yes ? I consider partying part of what I do ... hey I'm 20 and in college ... partying is part of my day to day existence)

What's your dream job? ? Actor ?.

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ? Not really ?.. I?m an only child ?. I?m pretty close to one of my cousins we?d probably be closer but he?s older, has a 9 ? 5 and is getting married so we don?t hang out as much as we used to when he was younger and a little less ?. responsible :)

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ?Coruscant. That place definitely has a night life

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ? Travel through Europe, be a millionaire, look back on my life without any major regrets

24. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Welcome Troy. :)

25. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Hi Troy...what college are you attending?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.