main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI get to know each other

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Kettch, Jul 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luscious

Luscious Jedi Master star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    Michigan State University .... although I'm taking classes at U of M Flint right now because I'm home for the summer and it's closer.

2. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Well... this seems to be the best place for an introduction, so here you go! Currently I'm in the South Bend area, but am originally from Metro Detroit (St. Clair Shores) and will be going back for school in the fall (I'm a student at EMU)

Get to know each other

Your Name - Diana

Nickname ? None... though if you see mercsailor.. it's likely me

D.O.B ? March 3, 1979

Star sign ? Pisces

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? The City Club message board? And Cool Running... as above, if you see MercSailor.. it's me =)

Have you got a website? What is it? ? www.geocities.com/mercsailor It's pretty much a personal page, but it has links to my Sailor Mercury webpage, and some of my RPG char pages, and eventually my Celebration II experiance page... we'll see

Hobbies ? Role Playing, rubber stamping, reading tarot.

Favorite Color ? Pink *hides* and blue

Favorite Animal ? None, really... I like my cat?

Favorite film(s)? (not counting SW) The Princess Bride, Sliding Doors, Labyrinth, anything by Kevin Smith

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) ? VNV Nation, Tori Amos, Bjork, David Bowie, Jewel, Rammstein, Rasputina

Favorite song(s) ? I really haven't a clue... when I was little it was Sweet Dreams by the Eurhythmics..

Favorite cartoon as a child - My Little Ponies and He-Man

Favorite Books ? Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Bridget Jones's Diary, by Helen Fielding, and Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur S. Golden

Favorite TV program ? Friends, E.R., Enterprise, Anything on Food Network

Favorite food ? My mom's lasagna

Favorite actors/actresses ? Ewan McGregor, Gweneth Paltrow, Alan Rickman, I don't know... I'd have to think about it a whole lot..

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Listen to cheery music, go get a make-over

What do you most regret doing? ? Nothing that I would talk about here =) Umm.. not much, really, except maybe starting to smoke?

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? I don't know.. I pretty much like myself.. though maybe a professional musician...

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? At the moment? Nada... currently looking for a job in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. I should be moving back up there in the next month or so, so I can finish up my degree at Eastern

What's your dream job? ? I haven't a clue what I want to do when I grow up

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ?I don't know... I think I'm closest to my dad.. I think I get a lot of my likes and dislikes from him, taste in movies, and such.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Coruscant... I love cities.. I like in the middle of nowhere for the moment, and hate it... I love buildings and lots of people and lots to do..

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ? 1) Travel extensively 2) be fluent in a foriegn language 3) have a family?

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Ok Lus...I see you are not showing favorites :) There are a couple of our members from the Lansing area.

4. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Hi mercsailor...are you going to be at the next meeting :)
    Another Wheel of Time fan :) I won the costume contest for the WoT group last year at DragonCon, hoping to win again this year with my new secret outfit :)
    I was an EMU student. I work for UofM now. What kind of job are you looking for I grew up in Ann Arbor, still work and play around here :) Email me and I can give you some areas to look into (morrigan_mcknight@yahoo.com)

5. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    I'm actually a 5th year senior at EMU and lived in the area for 4 years =) I'm kinda stuck by the person I'm living with not having a car, so we have to be on the bus line so she can get to work... Ah... gotta love college life =) I can't /wait/ to move back though... Definitely looking forward to it

6. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    Wow! I think this is the only one of my threads anywhere that has survived more than a week without me bumping it all the time...

It's cool to see how everyone has something in common with someone else besides Star Wars, although that's enough in itself...

xxxSam

7. RocketScience2002

RocketScience2002 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Get to know each other

Your Name - Julia
    Nickname ? A couple of them....RocketScience is probably the one I use the most.

D.O.B ? March 10

Star sign ? Pisces

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Yahoogroups, Username: Jsciteach2000

Have you got a website? What is it? ? I'm not in the website business anymore, since I had some trouble with my credit card numbers being stolen. But yah, I know how to do them.

Hobbies ? growing things (snails and crayfish anyone?) and having retro moments as my great-grandmother (canning, quilting, gardening, cooking, baking) Camping. Technology.

Favorite Color ? purple

Favorite Animal ? children

Favorite film(s)? (not counting SW) October Sky, Moulin Rouge, Hunt for Red October, most of Star Trek, anything with a GOOD STORY!

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) ? I'm more ecletic than Mirax...but since I grew up in honky-tonk country, I don't listen to country music much, if at all.

Favorite song(s) ? depends on my mood.

Favorite cartoon as a child - Justice League
    , Superhereos.

Favorite Books ? I read almost everything, from John Clancy to the bodice-ripppers. Variety is the spice of life!

Favorite TV program ? JAG, and I'm facinated by the History and Discovery channels. La Femme Nikita, Voyager....

Favorite food ? Ice Cream

Favorite actors/actresses ? Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor, Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts,

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Sleep, get a manicure, get my hair cut.

What do you most regret doing? ? Getting into debt.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why?
    Mara Jade....she is so awesome.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? I teach science, math and computers/technology to at-risk kids.

What's your dream job? ? Technology coach and trainer, with curriculum integration (In English - teaching teachers to use technology instead of worksheets.)

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ?
    My spouse...he can put up with a LOT of my garbage.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Tattooine. To get a sense of why everyone keeps going to the "armpit of the galaxy".

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ? 1) watch my children grow up, 2) buy a house on the lake to go play at on the weekends, 3)run a marathon.

8. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Tattooine. To get a sense of why everyone keeps going to the "armpit of the galaxy".

You could start with Gary, Indiana...It's the armpit of the midwest :)

In the LARP's I participate, when someone desides to do something stupid they alway end up involved with the enemy in Gary....AAaaaaaa

9. Jedi_Leopold

Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    Greetings Exhalted Ones,

Your Name - Jon

Nickname ? Leo, Lee, Juan (Valdez & his trusty goat)

D.O.B ? May 28, 1973. Same as fellow Detroiters Kirk Gibson and Gladys Knight!

Star sign ? Gemini

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? This is the first.

Have you got a website? What is it? ? I'm part of www.dffl.com and www.dffm.net

Hobbies ? Fantasy Football (team name is Detroit X-Wings!), golf, mtn. biking, softball, reading, and going to concerts.

Favorite Color ? Leopold Blue. I'we always loved blue and as a kid I found a paint card with this color on it.

Favorite Animal ? Wolverine! GO BLUE!

Favorite film(s)? (not counting SW) Casablanca, Godfathers I and II, The Usual Suspects, Almost Famous, Moulin Rouge, Gladiator, American History X, Rudy, The Princess Bride, Clerks, Jay & Silent Bob..., Tombstone, Indy I and III, Dumb and Dumber, and Kate and "Me" (see ID)

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) ? The WHO, Bob Seger, Jimmy Buffet, Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies, Pearl Jam, Sara Evans, Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Billy Joel, Sarah McLachlan, George Gershwin, and John Williams.

Favorite song(s) ? 'Black' (Pearl Jam), 'Baba O'Riley' (The WHO), 'Scenes from an Italian Restaurant' (B. Joel), 'I Could Not Ask for More' (S. Evans), 'Son of Son of a Sailor' (Buffet), and 'The Throne Room' (J. Williams)

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now)- Then: G.I. Joe, Thundercats, Scooby Doo, Superfriends. Now: Scooby Doo, Justice League, South Park

Favorite Books ? "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" by Stephen King. Very emotional for a short book (about 160 pages)

Favorite TV program ? Sportscenter, Alias, West Wing, Ed, NYPD Blue, Law & Order, CSI, Friends and E.R.

Favorite food ? Pizza with ham & pineapple

Favorite actors/actresses ? Sandra Bullock, Harrison Ford, Kirsten Dunst, Hugh Jackman, Kevin Spacey, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, DeNiro, Mathew McConaughey, Alyson Hannigan, Kristen Davis, Samuel L. Jackson

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Listen to music, watch movies, go for a walk, think of niece and nephew (they always put a smile on my face)

What do you most regret doing? ? Using credit cards to buy Star Wars toys

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? Han Solo before NJO books. To have his cockiness, be married to a princess, have 3 Jedi kids (raising would by interesting), have a Jedi Master for a brother-in-law, and having the most loyal friend any galaxy has ever seen in Chewie!

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? Build engines for Ford

What's your dream job? ? Movie Critic. Getting paid to watch movies, it doesn't get any better than that. (Maybe being a test reader for novels.)

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ?My brother since he is my only sibling and we are good friends. My nephew would be a close second since I have corrupted him by turning him into a SW fan.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Alderaan. To see the world of peaceful people that have yet to be on screen.

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ? Travel to Belgium(ancestors home), be a good husband and father.

10. jaybone9

jaybone9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2002
    Get to know each other

Your Name - Jay

Nickname ? JayBone, Jayyy9

D.O.B ? Jan 30th 1975

Star sign ? Aquirus
    Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Dented helmet, 501st either jayyy9 or jaybone9

Have you got a website? What is it? ? Nope

Hobbies ? Star Wars, Costuming, Boba Fett, Golf

Favorite Color ? Green

Favorite film(s)? (not counting SW) Jay and Silent Bob strikes back, ferris bullers day off,

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) ?Nothing at the time

Favorite song(s) ? Nothing right now

Favorite cartoon as a child - GI JOE

Favorite Books ? Tales of the bounty Hunter

Favorite TV program ? Fear Factor

Favorite food ? Pierogi's

Favorite actors/actresses ? Samuel Jackson, he is just a bad mother

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Watch Star Wars or work on some costuming
    What do you most regret doing? ? Nothing

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? It would have to be the man himself George Lucas...He is just so down to earth

What do you do for a living? Assistant Store Manager at Home Depot
    What's your dream job? ? Look above LOL

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? ?I don't know... My brother..
    If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Dagobah....I just think that it would be cool....All by yourself.

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) ? 1)Have kids 2) Be rich 3) Finish up with my boba fett collection

11. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Name Lori

Nickname Online it Hanna. some people call me Lor

DOB October 1

Star Sign Libra

Other message board None this is my first one

Have you got a website. No not yet

Hobbies movies, reading, rpg, surfing the
    web

Favorite Color it would have to blue

Favorite Animal. Hawk and Wolves

Favorite Film Besides SW it would be Moulin Rouge, Gone with the Wind, Gattaca, Star Trek (only 2,3,4 and the next generation stuff), Air Force One, Shakespeare in love, LadyHawk, Rob Roy to name a few

Favorite Musical group. I really don't have one

Favorite Song I really don't have a favorite. I like all kinds of music mostly.

Favorite Cartoon. Ewoks and Droid hour, GI Joe, Thundercat

Favorite Books. Anything written by John Grisham and of course star wars books

Favorite TV Star Trek the next generation, Voyager, Suriveror and Big Brother

Favorite Food Pizza

Favorite Actor/Actress Harrison Ford, Ewan, Liam, Sean Connery, Nicole kidman, Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Kevin Spacey.

How do you cheer youself up when you are down. Talking to a friend, listen to music or reading a good book

What do you regret most? Credit cards

If you could be anyone living or dead or Fictional who would it be and Why. I would like to be Leia .. First cause she got Han and she got to kiss Luke. Plus she is a very strong woman

What do you do for a living. Work in a Call center selling wallpaper and Blinds

Dream job would be working for George Lucas.

If you could live in the SW galaxy for day what planet would you go to and why. I would choose Coruscant and spend the day at Dex diner just hanging out looks like a fun place to be.

What things do you want to achieve before you die 1. travel overseas 2. get married and have kids 3. To have a mustang.

12. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    hey, about the color black, it is not an absence of color, actaully there are 2 ways of looking at it. Either the complete absense of light, but I have read that it is actgaully all the colors in the world combined.

since any color you see is technically every color of light except for the color you see it as, then black, absense of light, is in fact all colors. White however, is also not an absense of color,
    Absense of color is Clear.

Hey Kat, I see you have the same birthday as my grandmother, the only diffrence is about 66 years lol.

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Your Name - Geoff

Nickname ? Krash

D.O.B ? June 9

Star sign - Gemini

Other message boards you visit www.starwars.com/community

Have you got a website? what is it? - Nope

Hobbies (besides SW)? hockey, movies, WWII airplanes, medieval times

Favorite Colour - Green

Favorite Animal - penguin

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? Raiders of the Lost Ark

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Bryan Adams, John Williams, Eric Clapton, Britney Spears, Glenn Miller Orchestra

Favorite song(s) ? "Summer of 69" Bryan Adams, "Across The Stars" (JW), "White Room" Eric Clapton

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..) Robotech

Favorite Book (up to now)- "Champions" by: Kevin Lowe

Favorite tv program ? Battlestar Galactica

Favorite food ? cheeseburgers, steak

Favorite actors/actresses ?Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? video games, read a book, play with my girlfrind's boxer "Maggie"

What do you most regret doing? not listening to a friend, and losing her in the process.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why?
    Luke Skywalker, learns about "the Force," flys an X-Wing...sounds good to me

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? freelance editor WOIO/WUAB

What's your dream job? ? sportscaster

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? my sister, she's my padawan...and the most important person in my life

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Bespin, I would love to live among the clouds.

What things do you want to achieve in life b4 you die? (name 3) fly/do a "barrel-roll"...see Hawaii...go back to Lake Como, and get inside where they filmed AOTC

14. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Just bringing this one back up to the top for some new folks. :)

15. TK497

TK497 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    Hmm, I didn't even know this existed...

Name - Dave

Nickname - None really

DOB - March 3, 1969 (exactly ten years older than Mercsailor, how odd)

Star sign - Pisces (I see there are a lot of us here)

Other message boards and name there - just the midwest garrison board - Arkkien

Have you got a web site? Nope, but I'm planning on one.

Hobbies - I collect coins, used to collect comics, woodworking (building beds, dressers, bookshelves etc), Photography (black and white mostly), trumpet and bagpipes, running roleplaying games, building costumes What can I say, I have a lot of interests!

Favorite Color - Black, then blue behind it.

Favorite animal - Dogs

Favorite film - (not counting SW) - the cutting edge, the princess bride, monty python and the holy grail, clerks

Favorite Musical artist - NIN, the Offspring, Green Day, Rammstein, marilyn manson, garbage and oddly Sara McLaughlin.

Favorite songs - Only happy when it rains (Garbage), Staring at the sun (Offspring), Head like a hole (NIN), angel (SM), the boxer(simon and garfunckle)

Favorite cartoon as a child - Underdog!!!

Favorite Books - Incarnations of Immortality, Robert Frosts poems, The Stand, The Puzzle Palace

Favorite TV Program - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (my guilty pleasure) and the History channel

Favorite food - Home made pasty's

Favorite Actor/Actress - Anthony Hopkins, Ashley Judd / Mira Sorvino

How do I cheer myself up, when I'm feeling down? Sleep

What do I most regret doing? - Not spending more time with my father when I had the chance.

If I could be anyone (alive/dead/fictional) Who would I be and why? - I'd be Colossus from the X-men... metallic skin, armored, impervious (kindof explains why I'm a stormtrooper eh?)

What do I do for a living? - I'm an accountant, it pays the bills and can be fun at times.

What's my dream job? Getting paid to take peoples pictures and travel to exotic locations.

Do I have anyone in my family that I'm close to? - well now it's my sister, just because we've both been through a lot, like somehow all the fighting we did as kids has flipped itself around.

If I could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would I go to and why? - hmm I think it would be Coruscant, the center of everything, the pinacle of technology, the mass of people, thedriving force behind the empire.

What things do I want to achieve in life before I die? (3) 1 I want to build my own home (or at least refurbish one) 2 see my daughter grown and happy with her life 3 meet the right girl and keep her!

16. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    THD - Did you see THIS?? TK-497 likes the Cutting Edge, too! Amazing! Great minds do think alike. ;) Thanks for sharing, Dave!

Regards,
    M.

17. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    TK-497, NIN is my favorite band too. Right now I'm listening to Ruiner, which is going into The Becoming...

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    TK-497, NIN is my favorite band too. Right now I'm listening to Ruiner, which is going into The Becoming...

19. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I think it's a sign M! TK-497 listing The Cutting Edge as one of his favorite movies!

Yes, I can see it now...we'll have a "The Cutting Edge" viewing evening one of these days.... Tooooooooe piiiick! :D

20. TK497

TK497 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    That would be cool! I have the cutting edge on DVD of course, and I hate to admit when I first started skating I had to do figure skating with my sister, thankfully dad saved me by also enrolling me in hockey. Made for some very unusual problem but hell the only boy in a mass of girls skating? At 8 years old, I was the most popular boy in the building...lol

Hmm, listening to NIN at work on headphones, surrounded by suits and ties...hehe if they only knew!

21. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    toe-pick....

22. Jedi_Leopold

Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    "Legano, nil legano. It is a gray area."

The Cutting Edge was one of the first dvds I purchased! I love this movie too!

"The difference is... I'm in the mood to kick a little @$$." ;)

23. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    Ohhhh... same birthday and everything... I don't think I've evern known anyone with the /same/ birthday before... always a few days off...

And I love the Cutting Edge! I have to put that on my list of movies to buy... hmmm...

Merc

24. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Ok, we TOTALLY have to have a Cutting Edge movie night! Maybe combined with a trip to an ice rink so we can all demonstrate our grace and agility on skates? Ok, maybe so we can all work on staying up on skates. :)

"Honey, where I come from we STAND during the National Anthem."

Regards,
    M.

25. TK497

TK497 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    Just let me know the time and place...I'll have to locate my skates.

"I am reaching bottom of barrel"
    "Then find a new barrel."

hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.