main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Get to know eachother better (no victoria's secret)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BigBroadcastah, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    "Never tell me the odds"

2. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    what is a euphonium?

3. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    A euphonium/baritone is like a smaller tuba. Try to show up to TubaChristmas near the Inner Harbor next December, and you might see over 200 of them (I'll probably be in there somewhere again).

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Cool.

5. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I just thought I'd tell everyone my good news: I am actually going to be able to make it to a midnight showing of AotC (probably in Frederick). I was worried before because I can't legally drive after midnight, but now I found a designated driver. Huzzah.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to make it through the next day, with school and a band concert after school.

6. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I'm 21, music major at University of Delaware. Originally from Baltimore but now I reside in Abingdon, MD whenever I'm home from school. I've been obsessed with the saga since I was three years old and my mom sat me in front of a home recorded Empire Strikes Back video off of HBO.

I've gotten 18 of the brand new figures plus all preview figures.

I'm obsessed with all of the "hype" That's what I collect the most. Promotional magazines, happy meal toys etc.

I'm also attending Celebration II. What very well may be the highlight of my life.

7. chewboxer

Jan 22, 2002
    I just re read my last post. I am obsessed...but...there are things I've just been thinking of that will/are/have been better highlights of my life.

yuck yuck... : )

8. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Hi there. I'm from Auckland,New Zealand. I'd just like to say that I have my ticket to the 12:01 screening of Episode II & me & my fellow nzers will have seen it well before you, dont ya luv time zones.

Cheerio.

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Chewboxer, I work 3 minutes from your house. I live about 20 minutes from there. We ought to get together for lunch or something or plan on seeing the movie at Regal or Campus Hills.

10. chewboxer

Jan 22, 2002
    I'm most definately going to be seeing it at the Senator. My semester doesn't end until May 23rd or so, so I'll still be up here when the movie premieres. I'm also getting my three roommates to come with me as well. Two are from Jersey one is from PA. None of them have heard of the senator. Should be a real treat.

11. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    there is a midnight showing in frederick? for menace there wasn't.

anyways...

I'm 23, i live in myersville,md (inbetween frederick and hagerstown)i'm person (and no my name is not anakin)and I grew up with star wars and was lucky to have parents who were into it and took me to see jedi twice back in the 80's and bought me everything Star Wars! I'm also a HUGE fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (the band not the food).

12. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I lived in Hagerstown when TPM came out, so I went to Martinsburg to see it. Where's the closest place to Frederick that will have a midnight showing?

RHCP are cool. I'm a pretty big Radiohead fan myself.

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I refuse to see AOTC.

14. TD 88

TD 88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1998
    I'm a 31-year-old journalist who has been into "Star Wars" since 1977. So I am one of the original, "geriatic" fans of the saga and darn proud of it.

15. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    TD, I am older than you, so cut the "geriatric" crap. Chissdude why aren't you going to see "Clones"? Wampa, I live in Martinsburg, ya think the new Hoyts there will have a midnight showing?

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I will see AOTC, that was an oversttement up there. I am a firm believer that GL does not give Zahn the credit for reestablishing star wars, and that the preqauls are a publicity stunt. It still looks cool though.

17. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Huh? Chissdude, that makes no sense. :confused:

18. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Ye sit does, it means GL would have never made the prequals if it were not for Zahn.

19. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Huh? You got some 'splanin' to do here. Is this another of your bizarre theories?

20. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Do we really want to know?

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The idea to the prequels has been around for awhile. I remember reading about it a long time, I'm talking years, over a decade.

22. TD 88

TD 88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1998
    The Zahn books were started in 1991 to re-introduce "Star Wars" back into pop culture. The years 1984-1990 were dark times for "Star Wars" fans. Except for some 10th anniversary happenings in '87, not much to chew on in those years.

The Lucas empire put together a brilliant plan to revive the "Star Wars" brand. It started with the Zahn books followed by the great Dark Horse comics and new toys in the mid-90s. Then there was "Shadows of the Empire" in '96, followed by the Special Editions in '97.

Casting and filming for "Ep. I" took place that summer. The first trailer was in late '98. And "Star Wars" was really, truly back the following year.

Everything is proceeding according to George's plans.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Just as he has forseen.

24. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm afraid that your faith in the EU is your weakness. Timothy Zahn may have been a good writer but he knew nothing of the true power of the Clone Wars. Only George Lucas was privy to the awesome scope of that fateful war. Zahn did not invent the Clone Wars, George Lucas did in the back story that was to be "A New Hope". The power to write about the Clone Wars is insignificant next to the power of conception.

In fact Episode II does not even begin to scratch the surface of the Clone Wars. That is left to Episode III along with the destruction of the Jedi Order.

And furthermore, Shadows of the Empire is a poor instrument to orchestrate the resurrection of "Star Wars".

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That Mutt is wise beyond his years. Listen to him you should. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.